Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronika View Post

Spoiler

I've re-read the book as an adult, and it holds up pretty well.
    Thanks! I had totally forgotten that twist... maybe I'll check it out of the library and relive my adolescence a lil' bit too
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    I read a lot of Christopher Pike books too. Remember Me was my favorite--there were even a couple of sequels, but they weren't as good as the original.

I also liked Witch, The Midnight Club, See You Later, and The Season of Passage.

I HATED the book Monster. It was really gross and bothered me for a while after I read it.
    Wasn't there a rumor some time ago that Remember Me was gonna be made into a movie? I think many of his works would translate well to the screen. They'd be better than much of the stuff that makes it to the theater these days.

I feel a little silly for this, but if I'm being honest, I have to say that Season of Passage and See You Later are still two of my favorite books of all time.

Was Monster the one where the main character ate raw Big Macs? That actually grossed me out more than the cannibalism.

gold dust woman
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyCharm View Post
    Wasn't there a rumor some time ago that Remember Me was gonna be made into a movie? I think many of his works would translate well to the screen. They'd be better than much of the stuff that makes it to the theater these days.

I feel a little silly for this, but if I'm being honest, I have to say that Season of Passage and See You Later are still two of my favorite books of all time.

Was Monster the one where the main character ate raw Big Macs? That actually grossed me out more than the cannibalism.
    Yeah, I think I heard something about Remember Me becoming a movie...not sure if that would be good, but it would be interesting.

Don't worry, I still haven't found any books as an adult that have captured my imagination the way that CP's books have.

Yeah, Monster was all about blood and eating people...and not in a subtle, vampire-esque way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    Ooh, I meant to ask earlier if people ever read the Christopher Pike books. Man... those books gave me straight-up nightmares!

I actually thought I only read about 2-3 of those books, but on reflection I think I read 6:

* Gimme a Kiss (girl fakes her death by jumping off a boat... only to be double-crossed by her best friend)
    * Fall Into Darkness (girl fakes her death by jumping off a cliff... only to be double-crossed by her brother's best friend)
    * Witch (some teenage witch with healing powers or something, kind of boring)
    * Final Friends series - first book only (I guess I didn't care enough who murdered Alice, heh)
    * Chain Letter - in retrospect, it kinda seems like a ripoff of "I Know What You Did Last Summer"
    * Some book in which kids are getting eaten in the woods by what everyone thinks is a wild animal, but then it turns out the wild animal is a foreign exchange student girl... can't figure out the name of this one though!
    I think the last book is Spellbound. And wouldn't "I Know What You Did Last Summer" be a ripoff of Chain Letter? That movie didn't come out until around 1997 and the book is probably from around 1986.

Fall into Darkness was a kind of a ripoff on Gimme a Kiss. I think he even wrote that into the story! Fall into Darkness was made into a TV movie with Jonathan Brandis and Tatyana Ali (Ashley from Fresh Prince).

gold dust woman
    vCash
    I Know What You Did Last Summer is based on a book from 1973...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Know_...er_%28novel%29

vCash
    The Last Vampire series by Christopher Pike was always my fave by him. I loved the character of Alisa, she fascinated me. He actually released a new Last Vampire book last year and I'd been worried it would suck (no pun intended), but it was awesome. I was thrilled how true to the story it was, and there's going to be another one this year- http://www.amazon.com/Thirst-No-4-Sh...ref=pd_sim_b_3 as well as rumors of a movie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by meggonzo View Post
    I think the last book is Spellbound.
    Thanks!
    And wouldn't "I Know What You Did Last Summer" be a ripoff of Chain Letter? That movie didn't come out until around 1997 and the book is probably from around 1986.
    What Veronika said.
    Fall into Darkness was a kind of a ripoff on Gimme a Kiss. I think he even wrote that into the story! Fall into Darkness was made into a TV movie with Jonathan Brandis and Tatyana Ali (Ashley from Fresh Prince).
    I hate to say it, but this tv-movie does sound rather familiar...!
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    I Know What You Did Last Summer is based on a book from 1973...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Know_...er_%28novel%29
    oops...

vCash
    Ugh, it's going to take me a long time to get through the new Sweet Valley book. I'm only 60 pages in to it, but I feel like I should read it through the end. I know it's fluff reading, and I obviously knew that going in, but it's painful reading "like" in every other sentence when Jessica is narrating.

Can someone refresh my memory about this Phi Epsilon whatever fraternity they keep mentioning? It sounds like it's from the high school days, but who has fraternities in high school?

gold dust woman
    vCash
    The twins were supposedly in a sorority in high school, which always seemed odd to me...I've never heard of that.

vCash
    Our high school had a few clubs that fancied themselves to be sororities.... it was mostly an excuse to haze people.
    Last edited by Skittl1321; 04-12-2011 at 05:53 PM.

vCash
    Ordered the new SWH book on Kindle for kicks and just finished it. It's perfect for lounge around and laugh/roll eyes reading which is exactly what I expected.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456