View Poll Results: Whose Performance Did You Enjoy Tonight (Multiple Choice Allowed)

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thia Megia

18 29.03%
  • Stefano Langone

9 14.52%
  • Scott McCreery

16 25.81%
  • Pia Toscano

28 45.16%
  • Paul McDonald

6 9.68%
  • Naima Adedapo

5 8.06%
  • Lauren Alaina

21 33.87%
  • James Durbin

34 54.84%
  • Jacob Lusk

10 16.13%
  • Haley Reinhart

31 50.00%
  • Casey Abrams

41 66.13%
  • Could You Feel The Love Tonight?

1 1.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    vCash
    American Idol - eat your hearts out.

An Italian talent contest:

http://www.wimp.com/threetenors/

vCash
    The source of this whole story is Perez Hilton, and I'm 90% positive Perez started this story because Adam didn't come to his birthday bash the night before. He has a love/hate relationship with Adam, and they get into these weird passive/aggressive twitter conversations. He calls Adam a friend, but no one is really friends with Perez, more like "frenemies." The ceiling part is definitely true, because people were tweeting about it during the party, but the other stuff is probably embellished for Perez's dramatic purposes.

ETA: E! News just said that Gaga's press rep denied that Adam was thrown out, and Gaga's violinist tweeted during the party that Adam was a sweetheart, so I think Perez is just bullshitting.
    Last edited by cailuj365; 04-02-2011 at 01:06 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post

Wow, all 3 are amazing.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post

OMG. All I could do was stare at the host's gigantic boobs.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Naima and Thia just sang Teenage Dream on Jay Leno's show. It wasn't good.

OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cailuj365 View Post
    The source of this whole story is Perez Hilton, and I'm 90% positive Perez started this story because Adam didn't come to his birthday bash the night before.
    That would explain it.

Why on earth would anyone want to come to that human pimple's birthday? I imagine some celebrities are only pretending to be his "friends" so he won't obsessively bully them in his blog. I guess Adam doesn't give a shit. Good for him.

ETA: E! News just said that Gaga's press rep denied that Adam was thrown out, and Gaga's violinist tweeted during the party that Adam was a sweetheart, so I think Perez is just bullshitting.
    I don't expect any less from him.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Ouch. Those girls deserve better.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    This is Thia's 2nd chance and it hasn't gone anywhere. She was on America's Got Talent and the public didn't buy into her just as they didn't on AI. Age is certainly an argument, however, younger artists have been highly successful. She's had plenty of performing experience, but she still doesn't connect with audiences. I think she needs to look elsewhere for a career. Or go to one of those fine arts high schools and become a vocal teacher. Performer isn't in her cards.

Naima tired to be a performer, but she didn't have the vocal chops to offset her quirkiness. It just came off as weird. I hope she makes some money on the tour because I don't think she'll make a living in the music business. People at work talked about her so she got noticed, unfortunately, none of the talk was positive.

If you exit Idol in the 5th place or above, the exposure on the show will probably help find a niche. If you exit in 12-9th place, not likely to happen.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    I just read a news story about Naima & it said she has 5 daughters, not 2. They only showed 2 on all the background stuff. She's only 26 & she has a college degree. When did she find time to have 5 babies? Just wow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    This is Thia's 2nd chance and it hasn't gone anywhere. She was on America's Got Talent and the public didn't buy into her just as they didn't on AI. Age is certainly an argument, however, younger artists have been highly successful. She's had plenty of performing experience, but she still doesn't connect with audiences. I think she needs to look elsewhere for a career. Or go to one of those fine arts high schools and become a vocal teacher. Performer isn't in her cards.
    I think it's a bit soon to write off a sixteen year-old who clearly has vocal chops. Her singing style isn't the type of style that pop singers her age sing. She's not a Britney or Avril. She would have been better off waiting a few years. Who knows where she will go. Diana DeGarmo has made a pretty good career for herself singing and she often was criticized for reasons similar to Thia, but was able to go farther in a pretty weak season.

Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I just read a news story about Naima & it said she has 5 daughters, not 2. They only showed 2 on all the background stuff. She's only 26 & she has a college degree. When did she find time to have 5 babies? Just wow.
    She's only had two babies. She has two daughters and three step-daughters. I don't know if the step-daugthers live with her and her husband or with their mother.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    She's only had two babies. She has two daughters and three step-daughters. I don't know if the step-daugthers live with her and her husband or with their mother.
    The news story didn't say step-daughters. Ok, that makes more sense.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    This is Thia's 2nd chance and it hasn't gone anywhere.
    Her talent got her on to one of America's biggest TV shows. And then again, a few years later, her talent got her on to America's biggest TV show - where she went even farther, against (arguably) more talented people. She accomplished both feats before turning sixteen.

What an amazing kid. Go, Thia!!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I never said she wasn't talented. She is. But, there are lots of talented singers who never have a successful career as a performer. The two are hardly synominous. She clearly did not have sufficient appeal to either audience of AI or AGT and age is a factor. There have been 4 yos get to the semi-finals of AGT. 4 yos who had more performance abiltiy than Thia. She doesn't know how to act and JLo is correct that that skill is what sets the winners apart. James Durbin isn't nearly as technically proficient, yet I'm betting he makes the semi-finals if not the final on AI simply because he does know how to *act* on stage. That's why Paul is still there. Lauren and Haley are getting a clue. Poor Thia never did. I wouldn't sign her if I was a record producer because I'd probably lose money. She may find options that work for her and I wish her well.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    I really don't think this the last we'll hear of Thia. Some smart producer will get ahold of her...she needs to work on performance & connection...the voice is already there. In fact the voice is amazing.

I'll bet the producers are sorry now they didn't put thru Kendra Chantelle. I think she would whipping Pia's butt by now. Maybe she didn't interview well but she knew how to work the stage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    They sang several songs, and I though they were both fantastic. Much more energy and personality. Bring back Ricky!

Here's a video if anybody's interested. They did great!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixflamezzz View Post
    They sang several songs, and I though they were both fantastic. Much more energy and personality. Bring back Ricky!

Here's a video if anybody's interested. They did great!
    Thanks for posting this. They both showed a lot of personality, even Thia. Naima is so crazy & think Thia was determined not be be upstaged. She was MUCH better than she was on idol. They both sang Teenage Dream, Naima sang Dancing in the Streets, & Thia sang Heatwave. I noticed Heatwave had a slightly different arrangement that was an improvement.

vCash
    I never said she wasn't talented. She is. But, there are lots of talented singers who never have a successful career as a performer. The two are hardly synominous. She clearly did not have sufficient appeal to either audience of AI or AGT and age is a factor. There have been 4 yos get to the semi-finals of AGT. 4 yos who had more performance abiltiy than Thia. She doesn't know how to act and JLo is correct that that skill is what sets the winners apart. James Durbin isn't nearly as technically proficient, yet I'm betting he makes the semi-finals if not the final on AI simply because he does know how to *act* on stage. That's why Paul is still there. Lauren and Haley are getting a clue. Poor Thia never did. I wouldn't sign her if I was a record producer because I'd probably lose money. She may find options that work for her and I wish her well.
    I think 16 is a little too soon to be writing her off! Plus, clearly, performing ability and "acting" is in the eye of the beholder. There are lots of people who can't stand the way Paul acts on stage. As for Haley getting a clue, she is not only older than Thia, but IMO, is bordering on the ridiculous the way she performs on stage. It's what I dislike most about her. People do not have to stagger around the stage or display their legs play the sex kitten to have a successful singing career. They also don't have to have flames coming out of their piano. I watched Adele do a concert on MTV a couple of weeks and she just sat on a stool or stood still and sang. She was awesome! Ruben won the AI title without doing much more in terms of "acting." IMO, it's a bit soon for you to conclude that Thia needs to pursue a non-singing career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I really don't think this the last we'll hear of Thia. Some smart producer will get ahold of her...she needs to work on performance & connection...the voice is already there. In fact the voice is amazing.
    I have to agree. Her voice isn't merely pretty good. I find it extraordinary. She could use some guidance in how best to showcase it, but now that the public has been introduced to her, I think she's much to talented to fade away. I don't think she can be made into a pop princess though. That is both a good and a bad thing.

vCash
    Or she could have a broadway career if she learns how to emote and I know she will as she age and gained life experiences.

I'm for people here writing her off already.

vCash
    I always thought Thia had this dazed, bewildered look through most of her experience on AI. I don't think that helped her...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    I think 16 is a little too soon to be writing her off! Plus, clearly, performing ability and "acting" is in the eye of the beholder. There are lots of people who can't stand the way Paul acts on stage. As for Haley getting a clue, she is not only older than Thia, but IMO, is bordering on the ridiculous the way she performs on stage. It's what I dislike most about her. People do not have to stagger around the stage or display their legs play the sex kitten to have a successful singing career. They also don't have to have flames coming out of their piano. I watched Adele do a concert on MTV a couple of weeks and she just sat on a stool or stood still and sang. She was awesome! Ruben won the AI title without doing much more in terms of "acting." IMO, it's a bit soon for you to conclude that Thia needs to pursue a non-singing career.
    The difference between Adele/Ruben and Thia is that Adele/Ruben sang with confidence whereas Thia didn not look comfortable on stage.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast