Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    Well, the Gilles family certainly has unlimited funds. I wonder if Piper will actually find a new partner and make another go at it.

I agree with all who've said they wish it was Agnes.

Quadless
    vCash
    Alexe has really seemed to struggle since she moved up from juniors, so I hope this move will allow her to realize her potential.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Well, the Gilles family certainly has unlimited funds. I wonder if Piper will actually find a new partner and make another go at it.
    Piper has moved to East West Ice Palace in Artesia, CA, I think. She's listed as a staff coach there. Is she still competing?

http://www.eastwesticepalace.com/fig...f-coaches.html

vCash
    Good for Alexe. It may be too late, but we'll see.

Agnes should be heading to Yuka & Jason, too. It's not too late for her.

vCash
    This is very good news. I really hope it helps and think there is a good chance it will. Nice to see her continuing. Best of luck to Alexe!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smarts1 View Post
    So where is she going to college? Is MSU or UMich?
    Does she mention college? I didn't see any mention of it in the article, but maybe I missed it. However, MSU is an hour and a half from Bloomfield Hills. If she were to go to College, there are many closer options.

vCash
    I'm happy for Alexe. I think she definitely COULD be amazing, and Yuka and Jason would be awesome for her.

As for college, I hope she plans on doing something.

Actually, I think that Tom Z isn't so bad for Agnes, so I'm not rushing to encourage her to move. Actually, this is better for her and for Joshua Farris-the other skaters seem to be clearing out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    Actually, this is better for her and for Joshua Farris-the other skaters seem to be clearing out.
    I'd be shocked if Joshua stayed with Tom Z after this year's nationals.

vCash
    Good for her. I think she has a lot of talent and her jumps are gorgeous when she lands them. Hopefully Yuka and Jason will help her realize her potential like they did with Czisny.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    Farris has already left Tom Z.

vCash
    ^ I totally missed this! Where did he go?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    Was that actually Tom's fault, though, or just a variety of bad circumstances coming to a head?

[But he's already left, so it doesn't matter.]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by just wondering View Post
    ^ I totally missed this! Where did he go?
    I believe there hasn't been an official announcement yet.

Quadless
    vCash
    Was that actually Tom's fault, though, or just a variety of bad circumstances coming to a head?
    I don't think the o.p. was referring to Farris' result, but rather the fact that Z. seems to have strongly pressured him to skate injured (or ill - forget which one). Watch the kiss & cry action action after his free skate.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash

[But he's already left, so it doesn't matter.]
    When Tom asked if it was worth it in the kiss'n'cry, it sure sounded like it wasn't Joshua's first choice to skate.

Regardless I hope the move works and will root for him to have a much better Nats experience next year.

vCash
    Great for Alexe, Yuka and Jason will whip her into shape which is something I definitely think they did with Alissa, she was very well trained this year to go the distance with her jumps and programs, she showed muscle strength we had never before seen. My only question is whether or not it has yet been decided (but obviously not announced) if Alissa is planning on skating next year, and if that matters. I would imagine that there are many skaters (including some we haven't even heard about) wanting to switch to this Sato/Dungjen ship, but am I wrong to wonder how many they can take?

vCash
    I wish Alexe all the best. I think there are times when a skater needs a fresh perspective, and I'm hoping this is just the right mix for her. I'm not on the bash TZ bandwagon. He's helped many young skaters beleive that they can achieve more than most and they often do. He trains his skaters thoroughly and believes in them. He certainly has his faults, as do all coaches, but it's hard not to respect the results he helps his students produce.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    I don't think the o.p. was referring to Farris' result, but rather the fact that Z. seems to have strongly pressured him to skate injured (or ill - forget which one). Watch the kiss & cry action action after his free skate.
    Injured and fresh out of the ER.

Ok, that makes more sense. I hope the move works for him and that he does well at Nats next year!

vCash
    Great. No more weird Latin stuff for her.

Yuka can work on her basics but I doubt she can help her gain a personality (or better spins...).

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    We'll have to begin "Free Flatt" & "Free Zawadsky" banners.

Flatt will be living in California next year for school, so no need to "free" her; she would hardly be able to train there and in Colorado concurrently.

I agree with manleywoman, Agnes just moved to Tom recently. I don't think she'll be going anywhere, especially considering the pretty good results she has had this season.

REX!!! No dissing Cyndi Lauper and "Hatful of Stars."
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast