Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    For instance about 10 years ago I was told that there was only one or two ultrasound machines available in the whole city of Kiev. Hope things have changed since then.
    About 10 years ago there were 2 ATMs in Kiev. Now they are everywhere. About 10 years ago most restaurants in Kiev didn't take credit cards. Now it's hard to find one that doesn't. A lot can change in 10 years. Besides, what does Kiev have to do with Moscow? Moscow is light-years ahead of Kiev in terms of infrastructure, including the quality of medical care.

In any case, good to hear that Nora is ok. I hope she gets checked out again after the competition is over, to rule out any potential chronic conditions.

vCash
    I wonder why they did a laparoscopic exam? I hope that's not too uncomfortable for her as she starts skating again.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    My guess they didn't know what's wrong with her and did the laparoscopy as an exploratory surgery. Doesn't sound as if it yielded any definitive answers.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    It could be her gall bladder. Didn't Totmianina have a gall bladder flareup at one point during her competitive days?

She did. And as far as I rememebr, she could barely skate at 2004 Russian Nationals, so that Maxim carried her off the ice, because she could not walk.

This is so unfair that a number of great couples are injured prior the Worlds.
    All the best to Nora!

vCash
    Okay, guys, looks like the Hungarian Federation made collectively an ass of themselves again. Newest article about Nora - her condition seems to be worse than we/they thought.

Careless statements about Hoffmann's illness by her own federation

http://www.origo.hu/sport/egyeb/teli...bindulasa.html

Ide dancer Nora Hoffmann is being treated in a Russian hospital in Moscow for a week now, her participation at the world figure skating championships has become uncertain. The Hungarian Figure Skating Association released a statement recently where Sandor Nagy, head of the ice dance department said Hoffmann had been released the same day she was admitted to the hospital, "only" having indigestion problems.

The ice dancer was taken to the hospital in the Russian capital a week ago where she'd been training for the WCH in april. She was down with high fever until thursday which the doctors managed to reduce by friday. For long, the doctors couldn't determine the cause of her illness, but now they are 99% sure it's pyelonephritis.

The 25 year old skater told the friday evening sports news of the Hungarian State Television that due to her high fever, she'd become very weak, so her participation at the WCH became uncertain.

"After my return to Hungary I will consult the doctors when to start training again" she said. "It would definitely be great to start in Moscow, because it would be like skating at home ground (after what happened in Japan)."

Sandor Nagy, head of the ice dance department of the Hungarian Figure Skating Association (MOKSZ) told the Hungarian News Agency (MTI) wednesday that Hoffmann had been released the day she was admitted to the hospital, because she only had a simple indigestion. The skater told the sports news that the reality couldn't be further from the truth and that she had no connection with Nagy since weeks.

vCash
    Thanks for the update.

Get well soon NoHo!

vCash
    What's up with that Nagy guy?
    Use Yah Blinkah!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    How is she going to skate at Worlds in just a few weeks with those laporoscopy scares barely healed?

What has been reported just doesn't add up medically. It's a weird story but perhaps we are not getting all the details.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Home Sweet Home
    vCash
    Maria Butryskaya skated in the GPF in 2001 just weeks after an appendectomy. Just sayin'. Get well soon Nora!

vCash
    she is still in the World Championship entries.
    Hope she get well very soon.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dupa View Post
    Maria Butryskaya skated in the GPF in 2001 just weeks after an appendectomy. Just sayin'. Get well soon Nora!
    Wow.

from Speedy Death

Banned Member
    vCash
    Nora checked out of the Botkin's hospital and came to Hungary. Her participation in the Worlds is not clear. (RIA Novosti)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Nora checked out of the Botkin's hospital and came to Hungary. Her participation in the Worlds is not clear. (RIA Novosti)
    Oh, no...Isn't her home rink in Moscow (not Budapest)? This is not sounding good.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Any word on what her condition is?

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Today is Nóra's 26th birthday. Happy Birthday, Nóra! I hope you're feeling better!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Any word on what her condition is?
    http://sport.rian.ru/sport/20110408/362474105.html
    She is going to stay at Budapest for 3 days for examination by local doctors. Gorshkov says she'll be on ice by Monday-Tuesday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iris81 View Post
    Gorshkov says she'll be on ice by Monday-Tuesday.
    Are Gorshkov's words a statement or an ultimatum ending with "or else"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    Are Gorshkov's words a statement or an ultimatum ending with "or else"?
    No. This is a translation of his statement:
    "Right now nobdy knows yet in what condition she is. On Monday or Tuesday she'll return to Russia, will get on to the ice and after that we can draw conclusions about her readiness for Worlds. She strongly wishes to compete at Worlds."

vCash
    Yes, Eislauffan is right, she really wants to go to Worlds, it all will depend on her Hungarian doctors and how strong she feels to start training again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iris81 View Post
    http://sport.rian.ru/sport/20110408/362474105.html
    She is going to stay at Budapest for 3 days for examination by local doctors. Gorshkov says she'll be on ice by Monday-Tuesday.
    I didn't realize Gorshkov is their coach. How did I miss this?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast