Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Perez Hilton to write children's book

Perez Hilton to pen children's book

Wow - that book tour would be interesting.

OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    "This story is about every kid that's ever had a dream, felt excluded, wanted to belong, and hoped that one day they could do what they loved and make a difference,"
    ...by becoming a bully? I wonder if he puts any children's pics in the book, is he going to draw semen dripping from their mouths?

vCash
    Just because he writes it doesn't mean anyone will publish it. And if he gets it published doesn't mean people will buy it or read it.

vCash
    I can not imagine this book being anything I would want my grandchildren to be exposed to. The man is a bully disguised as a social media reporter.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Oh, please. His core audience has got to be mostly people without children. Those that do have children have mostly grown up enough to realize what a pathetic person and bully he is and would therefore not purchase anything for their children with his name associated with it. I can't see how this is a good idea, at all. If anything he should write a book with a target of young gay teens, maybe then he would have something of substance to say and it wouldn't be aimed at children.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Internet Beyotch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Just because he writes it doesn't mean anyone will publish it. And if he gets it published doesn't mean people will buy it or read it.
    He'll probably self-publish it. That's the way to go these days anyway.
    Actual bumper sticker series: Jesus is my co-pilot. Satan is my financial advisor. Budha is my therapist. L. Ron Hubbard owes me $50.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MacMadame View Post
    He'll probably self-publish it. That's the way to go these days anyway.
    According to the article, he has a publishing deal:

It will be published by Celebra Children's Books, in partnership with Penguin Young Readers Group in September. First printing: 75,000 copies.

vCash
    The illustrator's website, with a link to the cover art:

http://www.jen-hill.com/

IMHO when people who buy kids' books by "celebrities" they tend to buy books by "celebrities" who have a positive public image. Perez does not fall into that category.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    On the other hand, some people will buy a book written by a celebrity just because of the author, especially his/her fans.

vCash
    Oh, he'll get published all right. Big celebrity = guaranteed $$$ for the publisher, even if the book is awful. (Madonna, anyone?)

vCash
    Is this a joke? Seriously? I thought April Fools was still a few days away.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    Oh, he'll get published all right. Big celebrity = guaranteed $$$ for the publisher, even if the book is awful. (Madonna, anyone?)
    Madonna's children's books weren't that bad - my kids borrowed them from the Library and liked them a lot. I read the first one and it was okay.

vCash
    I think this thread would be fun if we could some up with some potential Perez kid's book titles. Like "Charlie and the Magic Fairy Dust".
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    IMHO when people who buy kids' books by "celebrities" they tend to buy books by "celebrities" who have a positive public image. Perez does not fall into that category.
    Perez does have followers, and some of those followers have kids.

Madonna's first few children books made it t the NYTimes BestSeller List, and I'm not sure Madonna is what come first to mind of moms thinking about celebs with positive public image.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Madonna's first few children books made it t the NYTimes BestSeller List, and I'm not sure Madonna is what come first to mind of moms thinking about celebs with positive public image.
    IMO, not at ALL a good analogy to compare icon, record-making, award-winning actress/singer, entrepreneur, businesswoman, philanthropist--and mother--Madonna with Perez Hilton!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Madonna actually has some talent and skill. She is not primarily famous for being a gossip and writing rude captions on pictures.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    When is Ron Jeremy going to write a children's book?
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    When is Ron Jeremy going to write a children's book?
    hope it's not a pop-up book

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    At least Ron Jeremy made himself famous, or a specific part of him made him famous. Perez only got famous for using other people and being a bully. I want someone to punch him in the face again, that was really fun.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    I don't want to live in a world that doesn't offer a Ron Jeremy pop-up book.
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast