Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Let's go Anacode!!!
    vCash
    The initials were most likely GK....the company that designs all the leotards that the girls wear on the show.
    Don't cry because its over...smile because it happened.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chele615 View Post
    The initials were most likely GK....the company that designs all the leotards that the girls wear on the show.
    Darn, I thought GK was ahout out to me.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    FInally saw the 2-part finale.

I really really want this show to be renewed, but the last ep had some sense of closure to it, so other than who will go to Olys (and of course win), there aren't a lot of questions hanging out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    I thought it was weird that they didn't mention the individual stuff at all. They were acting like the individual medals would be decided during that phase of the competition but then they didn't mention it.
    Considering they barely even admit that the guys compete too, I'm not surprised. I mean, we saw Austin there being a superstar, but didn't see him one in gymnast clothes did we? And then I had to laugh when injured Max hobbled in at the end - why was he there? who paid for his trip? I wouldn't be surprised if they either never mention the AA or individual results again, or it's just slipped in randomly in future episodes as if we watched the whole thing.

They have succeeded in handling Kelly Parker's nastyness-but-for-a-reason so much better than they ever have Lauren's. Sure her mom is an OTT beeyotch but we can see why she does the things she does, and the hunger she had for friendship was palpable. In the end she did the right thing by giving the diary back, and for the right reason (as opposed to Lauren who only does the right thing in sekret because it will directly benefit her even more than her conniving).

Sad to say, I didn't mind that Emily's name was not even mentioned once in these 2 eps. I was kinda hoping that KP would end up joining the Rock and becoming their 4th elite. I know the 'lock them in the room together' was silly but I enjoyed those scenes.

PML Max!!! I never would expect the subject of bisexuality - especially male bisexuality, which is more taboo than female sexuality - to be bought up on a show on ABC Family of course, it was so random and not brought up again. This is the one string that, if the show doesn't come back, seems just lame because it didn't go anywhere.

My one beef with the two episodes - continuity for the Keelers. Ep 1, Mama Keeler is the one pushing for letting Payson take the endorsement because they're so broke. 5 minutes later they're in Rio and she's chiding her husband for using a "good chunk" of the $$ on his plane ticket, since hers was partially covered by the Rock (er...why then was she not going to go originally?), refusing free drinks, and freaking out about what bad parents they are. naturally that's the perfect time for a college scout to approach them about a scholarship to Dartmouth that was really the only moment. (oh, and between the party at the tanner's, the hospital, and the flight the next morning, when did they have time to sign the paperwork, deposit the check, and buy their plane tickets to Rio? Even if they did an ATM deposit overnight, a $25K would not have cleared for use right away )

I like Summer, but I do wonder now how they would explain her ongoing presence at the gym, since she's completely broken off from the Tanners. My guess is she'll soften on Lauren eventually, and maybe get back with Sasha.

Go Kaylie and Austin!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Why is Lauren so obsessed with Summer becoming her mother?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ice dance View Post
    Why is Lauren so obsessed with Summer becoming her mother?

Lauren's mom was a drug addict who was never there for Lauren. She sees Summer with her strict religious values as someone who would never chose drugs over family. Plus, even though Lauren resented Summer in the past, I think she finally realized she was always there when needed i.e. after the Tanner's Nationals party when Carter's relationship with Kaylee was discovered and Carter turned against Lauren. Summer was the only one Lauren could talk to afterwards.

vCash
    Just read that the show will be renewed to continue the story of the girls vying for the upcoming Olympics.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...e-break-236503

vCash
    WOOHOO!!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    Just read that the show will be renewed to continue the story of the girls vying for the upcoming Olympics.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...e-break-236503
    I never thought they would pick it up again. But I'll keep watching, I guess. Event though, now that I think of it, are they renewing Hellcats? That had a better script, imo.

vCash
    YEAH!! I had given up on a renewal, so glad to head it.

Since Hellcats was on the CW, I don't think it's coming back or it would be on their fall schedule
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Good news.

Looks like Emily won't be back which I'm happy about.

If only they'd get rid of Summer too.

vCash
    Yay, my day is made! Love, love the show. I won't miss Emily. Now if only Hellcats had come back....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Since Hellcats was on the CW, I don't think it's coming back or it would be on their fall schedule
    Boo! I don't even recall the show having having a proper wrap up (maybe it's my bad memory).

But I'm glad for MIOBI.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Glad to hear that it will be back! I can wait to see what non-trademarked references they make to the "Olympics"
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    Good news.

Looks like Emily won't be back which I'm happy about.

If only they'd get rid of Summer too.
    Just curious- where did you read that Emily won't be back? I didn't see that in the article that was linked. Not that I would miss Emily....

Never mind, just found the answer to my question. Will not miss Emily, but will miss Chloe.

vCash
    From what I heard, they didn't specify Emily wasn't coming back one way or another, although I'd be surprised if she was back. That's kinda too bad, she wasn't my fave character but I didn't hate her either. I don't like Kelly Parker or the girl who plays her, but I'm sure she'll be Emily's "replacement".

I'd also given up hope on this being picked up again so I am pleasantly surprised! They probably want to capitalize on the Olys being next year.

vCash
    It's weird though, I thought they were clearly going for 'down in the dumps poor girl with all talent and no skill works hard and wins Olympics' over 4 seasons. I thought it was obvious from the beginning that that was what was going to happen, and Emily was the focal point of the show much of the time. And now because the actress became pregnant, they just get rid of her? It just strikes me as strange.

And I'd rather they get rid of Lauren, Summer, and that entire family basically.

vCash
    The show definitely evolved from it's original premise with Emily. Even before she got pregnant, the writers clearly didn't do much with her. I lost count of how many different ways they showed the cycle of "being poor-breaking the rules with a job/boyfriend, lacking confidence in herself, bucking up and suddenly being brilliant, only to have another emotional breakdown". Oy vey. It got old so fast. That's the writers fault.

But seriously, if I'm an actress paid to play the role of an elite level gymnast, I don't think I'd reasonably expect to continue being the focus of the show because I made the choice to start a family. Many shows can film around an actress' pregnancy. This show would be hard-pressed to do so other than to show Emily getting pregant. And then what? Becoming a coach? Cheering from the sidelines? Not worth it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonfan View Post
    The show definitely evolved from it's original premise with Emily. Even before she got pregnant, the writers clearly didn't do much with her. I lost count of how many different ways they showed the cycle of "being poor-breaking the rules with a job/boyfriend, lacking confidence in herself, bucking up and suddenly being brilliant, only to have another emotional breakdown". Oy vey. It got old so fast. That's the writers fault.

But seriously, if I'm an actress paid to play the role of an elite level gymnast, I don't think I'd reasonably expect to continue being the focus of the show because I made the choice to start a family. Many shows can film around an actress' pregnancy. This show would be hard-pressed to do so other than to show Emily getting pregant. And then what? Becoming a coach? Cheering from the sidelines? Not worth it.
    What I don't understand is, if they were just going to send Emily away, why even write her pregnancy into the storyline at all? There are so many other more realistic ways she could have disappeared for a while than that (heck, her arrest could have been a perfect opportunity to have her locked up in juvie for a while or sent to some boot camp type place). The whole pregnancy storyline was ridiculous and so poorly thought out.

vCash
    But I agree, the writers did a poor job with Emily, and perhaps it was Chelsea's choice to not return because of that?

vCash
    I had just about given up on MIOBI coming back, but tonight is the premiere of the new season!!!

There are several changes in the works - and Emily Kmetko is still MIA, along with all the men who love her (boo!). The article breaks it down:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/26/ma...remiere-scoop/

As always, I'm going to have to follow on hulu so will be a few days behind, but is anyone else still on board?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast