Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Yay, I'm not the only one into this show!

Ok, I read somewhere (something Ayla said) that the cast is waiting until June 21 to get a renewal. Fingers crossed they get it!

I also feel somewhat-ok, not happy, but not disappointed-that we've had a few weeks off from Emily. She was one of my favorites, but she and Lauren have both hit this place where I think, "wait, why do we care?" But I love this show and I hope it comes back!

vCash
    I thought it was weird that they didn't mention the individual stuff at all. They were acting like the individual medals would be decided during that phase of the competition but then they didn't mention it.

vCash
    ITA that you can't fairly end the series without knowing who makes it to London (come on ABC Family!).

For a while, it sort of seemed like Kelly would become the fourth member of the group with Emily out of the picture for now. It is nice though to see that she has some redeeming qualities.

Never saw Max's new angle coming either. I'm sure that will be explored more if the show's renewed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    I thought it was weird that they didn't mention the individual stuff at all. They were acting like the individual medals would be decided during that phase of the competition but then they didn't mention it.
    This has happened at every single competition except the Rock's meet with China, where they had neither an AA nor a team medal. Otherwise, it's always been either team or AA, no event medals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    This has happened at every single competition except the Rock's meet with China, where they had neither an AA nor a team medal. Otherwise, it's always been either team or AA, no event medals.
    But in this one, Payson's mom actually said that floor was her best chance of an individual medal. And they've talked about Kelly's individual world championship.

vCash
    My guess is that if the show is renewed, the first new episode will be right after Worlds and we will learn who won individual medals. IMO the whole point of only showing the team competition was to show how the girls finally came together as a team - the typical ABC Family happy ending.

Uncle Dick's Beyotch!
    vCash
    I'm not the show's target demographic, so this won't mean much. But MIOBI has become sooooooo cliche that it's moved past campy fun to cringeworthy. Every single episode is pretty much the same:

Lauren does something sneaky
    Lauren throws herself at a guy that is interested in one of the other girls
    Lauren gets upset
    Summer imparts the lesson of week
    All of the girls have miscommunications involving boys, hate on each other, cry before routines, perform poorly, have a bitch session, come together YET AGAIN, and then suddenly are blowing everyone away with their gymnastics.

Last night was extra special because they threw in a few more cliches:

1) Copying Kerry Strugg landing on one foot (couldn't they have at least tried to switch the apparatus - how about beam?)

2) The over the top make-up (which you really only see at NCAA competitions)

3) The Russian stone faced girls

Oy to the vey!

vCash
    I pretty much stopped watching. Kaylie's my favorite and really, I think, the only character that's remained both consistent and generally believable. Payson is a wonderful character but the miracle surgery still irritates the hell out of me. She'd be done. They should have found something else for her to do that was actually realistic. Emily's whiny and takes everyone around her for granted and then the stupiud pregnancy storyline. And Lauren's a completely evil bitch with 0 redeeming qualities and I got sick of seeing her on my TV. Especially when, as Bostonfan pointed out, her horribleness seems to be the center of every episode. And Summer went from a likeable character to totally unlikeable preacher character.

I used to really love this show but I'll still to PLL from now on.

vCash
    Ack! Want to know that it's renewed NOW.......

I know, I know, it's awful. The cheesiest thing on the planet, but I still enjoy it, hackneyed story lines and all.

vCash
    It needs to be renewed so Payson can win the Olympics, and everyone else can cry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dramagrrl View Post
    It needs to be renewed so Payson can win the Olympics, and everyone else can cry.
    With the way the creator seems to love Lauren and thinks she's a poor, damaged, little lost girl (in other words, her vision of the show if far different that what we actually see on screen), I fear we'll see her winning the Olympics. Poor Payson will probably get hurt at the last minute again.

vCash
    I'm still trying to figure out why they ran a pregnancy test on Emily's urine after the competition. Does that really happen?

vCash
    My guess is (as would be in a real competition, that is) that they did a normal doping test which ended up showing high hCG levels. hCG is banned for male athletes, so it is included in the test.

vCash
    I know this show gets very cliché, but the reason I love it is because it's about teenagers with purpose. So many shows give teenagers such a bad break-all the kids do is party, etc. But on MIOBI, the girls are actually trying to do something more, and I love that. I just sometimes wish it were more realistic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    I know this show gets very cliché, but the reason I love it is because it's about teenagers with purpose. So many shows give teenagers such a bad break-all the kids do is party, etc. But on MIOBI, the girls are actually trying to do something more, and I love that. I just sometimes wish it were more realistic.
    ITA. I also like that the show revolves around something more than teens gossiping and partying, and the concept of teenagers who are elite athletes is interesting. I just wish that shows like this at least tried to be realistic. Whenever there's a movie made about a sport like gymnastics or skating, it's always so hideously unbelievable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockTheTassel View Post
    ITA. I also like that the show revolves around something more than teens gossiping and partying, and the concept of teenagers who are elite athletes is interesting. I just wish that shows like this at least tried to be realistic. Whenever there's a movie made about a sport like gymnastics or skating, it's always so hideously unbelievable.
    Moreso than with gymnastics, I think a series chronicling the lives of young, elite, internationally competitive skaters would be fascinating if it were done realistically.

vCash
    I hate the way Lauren is always given second chances, just to do it all over again a few weeks later.
    Payson injured ? Come on

I hated that finale. Weird on all accounts.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    I hated that finale. Weird on all accounts.
    I cried at the end. To each his own!

vCash
    I could get used to Kelly Parker replacing Emily - I wish they'd had her at the end with the three Rock girls to show that they really did become a team. And I'm kind of that Payson, Kaylie, and Lauren have basically forgotten that Emily ever existed. Part of me expected the finale to end with a sad Emily watching Worlds from her couch in LA or something.

vCash
    I was thinking the same thing about Emily watching worlds but I swear I saw the initials EK on one of the girls sweats when they had their final hug at the end of the show.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast