Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    She quickly aged out of those cutesy-poo yuppie princess parts she played all the time. I found her unwatchable most of the time. And those platypus lips didn't help matters.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    She quickly aged out of those cutesy-poo yuppie princess parts she played all the time. I found her unwatchable most of the time. And those platypus lips didn't help matters.
    Our taste (and distaste) in celebrities always matches up. Meg annoyed me when she was young and cute and I was really annoyed by how many smart men had the hots for her. Whereas men who have the hots for the three women on that list in my age group -- Michelle, Annette and Julianne -- well, those guys have excellent taste. And even though she's not all that sexy, I just love Emma Thompson and want to see her in more movies.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I admit it, I thought Meg Ryan was adorable in DOA, and totally perfect in When Harry Met Sally... but the schtick got old. Or maybe just she did Then the plastic surgery was And Dennis Quaid got all the sympathy, and the career re-boost, in the divorce. I just find her utterly unwatchable now.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Frances McDormand should sue whoever took that picture of her.
    LOL, for real! She's not the kind to worry about how she looks, but THAT pic is friggin' criminal (and )

The Aniston thread, here, is still inexplicitly going strongly, but I don't want to tread back in. So, I'll use this thread to add more fuel to the fiery argument that she is 1) a fine comedic actress with another deserved role; or 2) in a deal with the devil to be co-starring in a film with these six actors:

Up next: She stars in 'Horrible Bosses,' a comedy co-written by 'Bones' star John Francis Daley and starring a line-up of some of the funniest guys in Hollywood, including Jason Bateman, Charlie Day and Jason Sudekis, as well as Jamie Foxx, Colin Farrell and Kevin Spacey

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Angela Bassett and Annette Bening are on the list. Still looking beautiful at 52!
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

vCash
    On the one hand: Annette Bening is only 52?

OTOH: Annette Bening looks pretty, healthy and natural, and her lack of "enhancements" has enabled her to continue a fine career that should feature the opportunity for many future terrific roles. (Unlike so many other older actresses, who unfortunately can no longer move their upper faces enough to act and/or are tough for a potential audience to look at.)

that Marissa Tomei, still the butt of some jokes for winning her first Oscar, is on this list. She's chosen roles wisely and quietly built a respected career, garnered two(?) more Oscar noms, and is gettingawards buzz on her roles for 2011.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    wheee, John Francis Daley! He deserves to have every bit as much of the post-Freaks & Geeks success as his costars (including James Franco, Jason Segal, Seth Rosen, Linda Cardellini and Busy Phillips)
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    that Marissa Tomei, still the butt of some jokes for winning her first Oscar, is on this list. She's chosen roles wisely and quietly built a respected career, garnered two(?) more Oscar noms, and is gettingawards buzz on her roles for 2011.
    I love Marisa Tomei...there I said it. I'm not ashamed.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    After watching Body of Proof last night, add Dana Delaney to the list. She still looks amazing at 55, and it's a nice juicy acting role too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    Our taste (and distaste) in celebrities always matches up. Meg annoyed me when she was young and cute and I was really annoyed by how many smart men had the hots for her. Whereas men who have the hots for the three women on that list in my age group -- Michelle, Annette and Julianne -- well, those guys have excellent taste. And even though she's not all that sexy, I just love Emma Thompson and want to see her in more movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I admit it, I thought Meg Ryan was adorable in DOA, and totally perfect in When Harry Met Sally... but the schtick got old. Or maybe just she did Then the plastic surgery was And Dennis Quaid got all the sympathy, and the career re-boost, in the divorce. I just find her utterly unwatchable now.
    And you know, it's looking like Jennifer Aniston is getting her parts now.

Quote Originally Posted by Simone411 View Post
    Angela Bassett and Annette Bening are on the list. Still looking beautiful at 52!
    I have always adored Angela so much, ever since I saw her in Boyz in The Hood. I think she's stunning and a great actress. I really became a Bassett "hound" after seeing her portray Tina Turner - her acting was amazing and the concert scenes rocked. And she totally counteracted Whitney Houston's awfulness in Waiting to Exhale and made it a better movie than it was. But she's very, very particular about the roles that she portrays, and that means she may not always be as visible as she should be. She originally was offered the role of Letitia in Monster's Ball and she turned it down. Maybe it's just me, but I do think that if she had taken the part, she would have tore it up and no one would have doubted her ability or whether or not she deserved to win the Oscar. Some said she was a tad bitter after Halle Berry took the part and won the Oscar. There were some alleged quotes of her saying that the role was "degrading" to black women or some stuff....I still think she should have taken the part.

vCash
    All these women look good, but for my money Helen Mirren and Sigourney Weaver are in a class by themselves. Maybe that's because I'm about their age but could probably pass as their mother.

I didn't realize there was a new Ghostbusters coming out. My grandson, who's nearly 14, recently discovered the original and was carried away with it.

vCash
    Also, if X-Men was made 10 years earlier, Bassett would've made a kick-butt Storm. One that is truer to the look and feel of the comic book character. That said, I actually liked Halle's Storm in the first X-Men movie (where she had an African accent and all), but then they changed the character in the subsequent films and it felt like "another" Halle Berry role.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Also, if X-Men was made 10 years earlier, Bassett would've made a kick-butt Storm. One that is truer to the look and feel of the comic book character. That said, I actually liked Halle's Storm in the first X-Men movie (where she had an African accent and all), but then they changed the character in the subsequent films and it felt like "another" Halle Berry role.
    What I found disappointing about Halle's Storm was that Halle brought no authority to the role; There was little presence and almost nothing in the way she delivered her lines; It could've been portrayed by any attractive Hollywood starlet with so-so acting ability.

Storm in the comic is very exotic looking. Somone with Iman's features would've made a great looking Storm at least.

Quadless
    vCash
    Iman - now there's someone who looks positively fantastic. She's not "beautiful for a 56 year old," she's just beautiful.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Meryl's upcoming projects sound cool- the collaboration with Tina Fey has the potential to be funny as hell.

I finally saw The King's Speech last weekend (since this is a thread about women, I will not gush about Colin Firth ). I thought Helena Bonham Carter's performance was really touching. She's played some wacky characters as of late but it's in more subtle roles like this that she really shines, IMO. I'd love to see her get more (non-Tim Burton) work after this.

vCash
    Milena Velba.

Oh, sorry, are you referring to age?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12