Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Are Pang/Tong retiring after Worlds?

I thought for sure they would retire after Worlds last year and was surprised to see them on the GP circuit. Last night, I had 4CC on Universal Sports in the background and thought I heard someone say they were retiring at the end of this season. Has that been confirmed? If so, I hope they can stay on the podium in their last competition.

I guess China will probably have 2 pairs teams for the next couple of years. Weird!

vCash
    I posted a link to the article about this:

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...ight=pang+tong

vCash

vCash
    ha! I'm hoping they win!

vCash
    really hope that their LOVE will win favourite teams, as S&R, Y&S in this WC! because they could became the most classier pair next to G&G >- the true feeling is nothing to compare with good perfomances (*)
    P.S. thanks to everyone, but unfortunely can't understand chinese :-L know japanese,russian and english..,mmm,is there some information about Pang&Tong in those languages??? *- thanks in advance!

vCash
    At the Taipei Press Conference at 4CC earlier in the year, PangTong said this year's WC is their last, and Tong said he intend to propose and they hope to get marry and have an even bigger wedding on ice than S&Z (said in hearty spirit probably half jokingly?)

I find the press conference amusing, because he is announcing to to the press that there's going to be a big wedding and he hasn't even proposed to Pang yet, nor did she say 'yes'

Such is the ego of the Chinese Man ahhaha!!! (And utterly unromantic as well...teeheee!!)

vCash
    they are together 18 years and it means that they are more than just lovers!!! guess that He just saving the words of propose to the greatest moments :-) this routine will be good for them, because they are a public known personalities such a long time and almost living on the ice :-)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by birdoflove View Post
    P.S. thanks to everyone, but unfortunely can't understand chinese :-L know japanese,russian and english..,mmm,is there some information about Pang&Tong in those languages??? *- thanks in advance!
    If you need help,I can help you translate the news~
    The newest information:Tong said Pang got a fever these days,and her knee have some injury.Tong said he felt painful when he squat.Injuries are the biggest problem they need to slove.
    PS: Some interesting things. Tong said he felt "angry" when he heard more people love QJJ .
    http://t.qq.com/pangqing_tongjian
    This blog belongs to Pang,but Tong occupied the blog,I feel ...
    Last edited by xy3026rosa; 04-05-2011 at 09:14 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    At the Taipei Press Conference at 4CC earlier in the year, PangTong said this year's WC is their last, and Tong said he intend to propose and they hope to get marry and have an even bigger wedding on ice than S&Z (said in hearty spirit probably half jokingly?)

I find the press conference amusing, because he is announcing to to the press that there's going to be a big wedding and he hasn't even proposed to Pang yet, nor did she say 'yes'

Such is the ego of the Chinese Man ahhaha!!! (And utterly unromantic as well...teeheee!!)
    They plan to retire after 2014,WC(in this year) is not their last performance!..
    Last edited by xy3026rosa; 04-05-2011 at 08:58 AM.

vCash

thanks a lot

thanks to xy3026rosa

it is sad to hear that they got a fever and some injuries

I think if it is serious injury they should just withdraw from this WC, maintain their bodies and come back with brilliant perfomances, then take a rest and come back to Oly season, skate better than ever
    love them and wish to win at Sochi

by the way, the Putin visited Yuko&Smirnov's training and wished them a success.., it means they are going to be the main favourites in this time :confused..,the timing is one of most important factor

Tong felt angry, means loves Qing very much!!! LOL

P.S. however I know jpnese well, mean characters,chinese is so different

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    really hope that their LOVE will win favourite teams, as S&R, Y&S in this WC! because they could became the most classier pair next to G&G >- the true feeling is nothing to compare with good perfomances (*)
    I respect your love for them as a fan...but...as classy as G&G? Sorry...not happening.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    oh please, retire already...

They are currently the most overmarked pair in the world. Those components next to those terribly looking lifts... blah. I'm so fed up with this pair. Seriously, we need someone new. I'm so looking forward to V/T and also to the young Chinese, Sui/Han and seing them develop in the following years. The Pang/Tong time has ended, sorry. Let them just get married, be happy, have some kids and stay away from competitive skating

vCash

answer

I said "classier next to G&G" not "as"..,you should read carefully
    "classier" means not too much elements, beautiful lines,balanced choreography,
    G&G is the most classier of all the time! But P&T have their own unique style,which is classier too..,
    Last edited by birdoflove; 04-05-2011 at 01:12 PM.

vCash
    P.S. however I know jpnese well, mean characters,chinese is so different
    Hi!.. I think Janpanese and Chinese characters some are same.I can't understand Japanese when I hear,but I can guess the meaning when I see it. For example,in Chinese we call Tokyo 东京,in Japanese call Tokyo 東京.
    Another question:Could you tell me where are you come from,Japan or other countries?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xy3026rosa View Post
    They plan to retire after 2014,WC(in this year) is not their last performance!..
    WTF?
    What was at 4CC press conference then?

vCash

hi

Quote Originally Posted by xy3026rosa View Post
    Hi!.. I think Janpanese and Chinese characters some are same.I can't understand Japanese when I hear,but I can guess the meaning when I see it. For example,in Chinese we call Tokyo 东京,in Japanese call Tokyo 東京.

yes, only can guess the simple phrase or words, so it is not enough for complete comprehension

Another question:Could you tell me where are you come from,Japan or other countries?
    I'm not from Jpn, Russia In my country there's no figure skating! just grew up with russian language and used to like watch FS on TV and still one of my favourite past times
    Last edited by birdoflove; 04-05-2011 at 03:23 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    oh please, retire already...

They are currently the most overmarked pair in the world. Those components next to those terribly looking lifts... blah. I'm so fed up with this pair. Seriously, we need someone new. I'm so looking forward to V/T and also to the young Chinese, Sui/Han and seing them develop in the following years. The Pang/Tong time has ended, sorry. Let them just get married, be happy, have some kids and stay away from competitive skating
    Amen!

I hope what they said at that press conference is true.

vCash
    While I've always loved his elegant carriage; her lack of extension and sloppy air positions have always bugged me. She has long, slim limbs. She could make a lovely picture in the air if she only had more stretch and tension.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    While I've always loved his elegant carriage; her lack of extension and sloppy air positions have always bugged me. She has long, slim limbs. She could make a lovely picture in the air if she only had more stretch and tension.
    That. Plus their weak basic skating. And Chinese technique "throwing a sack of potatoes into the cellar" throws. And her double-footed throw salchow take-off.

vCash
    No matter what they decide to do,hope this team will live happily ever after.They will always be my favourite team.Wish them well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast