Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I was thinking Amelie could go on the tour.. I guess they'll have to find someone else
    Is there anyone else?
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Jessica Dube? She's a world medalist and there are worse ways to (re)start a singles career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    Is there anyone else?
    I can't think of anybody, lol, except maybe Alexandra Najarro but I don't know if she's ready to skate in shows.

vCash
    Does Jennifer Robinson still skate shows and stuff - she has a fair amount of show experience - although I do realize she is involved in municipal politics and has a small child, so a cross-country tour might be pretty difficult on such short notice...

vCash
    Maybe Jen Robinson would be up for a twirl or two?

Edited to add - It's true - great minds do think alike!

vCash
    What's Mira Leung doing lately? Josee Chouinard? Wow, we really don't have many top ladies to draw upon - maybe we can borrow Mirai Nagasu from the states for a couple of weeks?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quartz View Post
    Does Jennifer Robinson still skate shows and stuff - she has a fair amount of show experience - although I do realize she is involved in municipal politics and has a small child, so a cross-country tour might be pretty difficult on such short notice...
    Jennifer Robinson is 8 months pregnant of her second child according to her Facebook's page. She can't skate right now lol.

vCash
    8 months pregnant!!! Well, I guess that's a "no" isn't it?!?
    Her little girl is only a little over a year isn't she? Wow, that's really close together - but am very happy for her.
    Last edited by quartz; 03-30-2011 at 06:48 PM. Reason: typo

vCash
    Mira Leung? no thanks..

Although, what about Lesley Hawker? I liked her.

vCash
    What's Mira Leung doing lately??
    OMG i hope you are kidding....

she is preggo- and on city counsel- makes it hard to skate in showes me thinks

Mira Leung? no thanks..
    DITTO- what kind of draw is Mira anyway? maybe her mum would come....

vCash
    If Mira goes to CSOI, I will buy a really cheap ticket. Or at least consider buying one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    If Mira goes to CSOI, I will buy a really cheap ticket. Or at least consider buying one.
    PLEASE tell me to LAOUGH out loud mahn!!!

vCash
    YES! I am kidding about Mira - one of the very very few skaters in the 40 years I have followed skating that I was just not able to find anything positive about - and I can generally find at least one thing about every skater that I can give kudos to.

vCash
    Mira Leung? no thanks..

Although, what about Lesley Hawker? I liked her.
    I think Lesley is in Florida and has a young child.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debrah View Post
    As a general rule I prefer to see Canadian skater's, on the Canadian tour.

So for me personally, Sandhu, Paul & Islam, Anabelle & Cody, Lawrence & Sweigers, Balde, Shae, etc., would all trump available show or elligible skater's from USA for sure, esp the over exposed skater's like Cohen, Abbott, cuz as much as I admire these USA skater's, and others like them from other countries, quite frankly, I have already seen these types of skater's quite enough this season. On the other hand, would love to see Sandhu again, or see the new wave of Cdn Ice dancer's like Paul & Islam, or any of the recently retired, or up and comming Cdn teams, or for general public the ones who don't follow skating and decide to buy tickets based on titles, how about using the 2011 World Junior Men's Gold champion - Rogozine to sell some tickets?

My thoughts are Dube could replace Phaneuf on the tour while Phaneuf is in Moscow, Sandhu could step in for Sawyer, Paul & Islam could sub for Virtue & Moir... There are just so many fab Cdn skater's who are pro or who did not make the world team, and who do need the exposure and the cash. I would much prefer to see any of them, than our neighbor folks, like Wagner, Cohen and Abbott types ... Pro Euro, or Asian skater's, would be far more acceptable as subs, than any available Yanks, should they not want Cdn names suggested in this thread, as we don't get as much in person or TV show exposure to them. But CSOI should star or feature Cdn skater's, if at all possible. My 2 cents.
    Did you know that on the US SOI I saw last night there were 4 Canadian skaters (Rochette, Browning and Sale/Pelletier), one Russian skater (Gordeeva) and 6 US skaters (Belbin/Agosto, Cohen, Eldredge, Weiss, Lysacek). The US audience (myself included) enjoyed the Canadian skaters just as much as the American ones.

I suspect that Canadian audiences (yourself excluded) would be just as receptive to the US skaters. I doubt that all Canadians are as rabidly anti-US as you are.

vCash
    euterpe - Did you skip over the part where I said "as much as I admire these USA skater's" ....

I am not rabidly anti -US, not at all!

In fact, there are many, many USA skater's I adore, and applaud.

As a Canadian I have access to a lot of American TV channels, etc, and live close enough to places on SOI tour in USA (ex. Lake Placid) that I have been known to buy tickets and do both versions of the show. Do you?

Like me, lots of Canadian skate fans, who also live close enough to SOI border towns do actually go to BOTH versions, and some actually have to go see SOI exclusively cuz CSOI has limited number of tour stops in Canada! If one lives in or near Montreal area as I do, we don't even get CSOI here any more!

Thus many Canuck skating fans would definitely appreciate a more Canadian, or international flavor, in our CSOI version of the show, esp we Montreal's who have to travel to see it, or SOI, in another city far from our home base, as a lot of Canadian fans do, which is why some of us here in the great white north do see both versions of the show.

That's the only point I was making. not to mention there are far more opportunities for US skater's to earn money doing shows, TV etc, being a far bigger more affluent country with more Olympic type skating history to lure monied show producer's.

Canadian skater's, who are lesser known in international standards have only CSOI these lean skating days, to earn loonies, since the Knee whack has faded from consciousness and taken all the pro/am style skating opportunites, with it.

Sheesh, now even being pro Canadian skating on the Canadian tour is a crime?

euterpe, I too have enjoyed and cheered for the US skater's we Canadian fans also always see included in the cast of CSOI. I was talking about REPLACING the Canadian skater's who had to drop out with other Canadians who were not going to worlds, or failing that perhaps other non NA skater's we don't get to see as often, not replacing them with more Yanks, if at all possible. Sorry, if I offended your own yankee centric sensibilities.

vCash
    A "Yankee" is a person from New England (Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Connecticut). Most Americans are therefore NOT "Yanks", and some of us find it a disparaging term.

vCash
    As a Canadian, I am pro-skate! I think some good points have been made. I would like to see those who have not had too much exposure get a chance in the limelight. It's actually a compliment to the U.S. as your skaters seem to get more exposure(my impression). U.S. must be doing something right;look at all the medals you've won over the years!
    I've seen a lot of Stephen Cousins and Sasha; I would be happy to see some other skaters but I'm not anti-Brit or anti-American.
    Whoever comes to SOIToronto, I'm going to be sitting with my friends in the front row(!) happy as a pig in doo-doo!

vCash

Thumbs up Virtue & Moir doing second half of CSOI tour

Just announced by CSOI: Tanith & Ben will replace Tessa & Scott on the first half of the CSOI tour & Scott & Tessa will join the tour in Winnipeg:
    http://www.facebook.com/searsstarson...37720846299587
    Tanith & Ben will appear in the first half of the Tour visiting Halifax, Ottawa, Windsor, Toronto, Hamilton, and London. Scott Moir and Tessa Virtue will return to the Tour for the second half, visiting Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Edmonton, Calgary, Victoria, and Vancouver.
    Here's the full press release:
    http://www.starsonice.ca/news-apr6.php
    Kyoko Ina has also been added - presumably to replace Cynthia in the group numbers.
    Last edited by WildRose; 04-06-2011 at 08:44 PM. Reason: added link to press release

vCash
    I no longer see Phaneuf's picture on on the cast members page. It was there before. Is she no longer in the tour altogether due to Worlds??

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast