Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    From David Baden on Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/bababad
    Good news skating fan! Shawn Sawyer will do all 12 Starsonice shows!
    So, Shawn's turning Pro... I'm so glad I got to see his last skate at Canadians - way to go out in style. I'll look forward to seeing him in CSOI this year - and hopefully for many years to come .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
    From David Baden on Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/bababad

So, Shawn's turning Pro... I'm so glad I got to see his last skate at Canadians - way to go out in style. I'll look forward to seeing him in CSOI this year - and hopefully for many years to come .
    Absolutely! That was a very emotional skate. Go Shawn!

vCash
    I'm sad Shawn's not going to worlds but I guess he would prefer to do the show, so as long as he's happy!

Does this mean Kevin Reynolds is going to worlds?

vCash
    Yda on CBC Slipchuk from Skate Canada definitely said that ALL the skaters were on board with going to Worlds so I am a bit skeptical that this news about Shawn is true. He worked so hard to get back on the World team that I can only see this if he had an injury that he felt would make it hard to do worlds but okay with say lesser content on the tour.
    Last edited by Skate Talker; 03-27-2011 at 03:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skamper23 View Post
    I'm wondering if they would ask Tanith & Ben to fill in for Tessa and Scott? Also Ina and Zimmerman have been filling in for Sale & Pelletier when needed on the U.S. tour...they already know all the group numbers, so it would make sense if they were available.
    That would be okay for sure. I am not a really big fan of Tanith and Ben but have never seen them in person so would be very interested to see if that would increase my appreciation.

Quote Originally Posted by JasperBoy View Post
    Ummmm. If Eladj Balde was in CSOI I would buy a ticket toot sweet. Yes, even if I had to watch Sasha and Evan. Now why aren't THEY going to Moscow?
    - but I totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by victorskid View Post
    Here's a thought - Kurt is normally part of the announcing team on CBC. It was confirmed today that they'll be covering the rescheduled Worlds. I wonder what Kurt's contractual responsibilities are with CSOI and with CBC ...

By the way, he was part of their "special edition" today, via Skype from the SOI tour location.
    Yes, exactly - he was on tour right when the original Worlds was scheduled so was he added into the cast for these stops at the last moment due to World's cancellation or was he committed to SOI US tour and NOT scheduled to be a commentator on CBC? Without checking, I think it is the latter so the same thing applies to the Canadian tour now that things have shifted back a month, imho.

Also I would be happy to go along with the Shae Lynn suggestion as well still sticking with Paul/Islam and Lawrence/Swiegers. I just want to see everybody

Wherever the beautiful and artistic male skaters are! :-D
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skate Talker View Post
    He worked so hard to get back on the World team that I can only see this if he had an injury that he felt would make it hard to do worlds but okay with say lesser content on the tour.
    This recent French article states that Shawn is training for Worlds: http://monteregieweb.com/main+fr+01_...ticleID=691538

vCash
    As a general rule I prefer to see Canadian skater's, on the Canadian tour.

So for me personally, Sandhu, Paul & Islam, Anabelle & Cody, Lawrence & Sweigers, Balde, Shae, etc., would all trump available show or elligible skater's from USA for sure, esp the over exposed skater's like Cohen, Abbott, cuz as much as I admire these USA skater's, and others like them from other countries, quite frankly, I have already seen these types of skater's quite enough this season. On the other hand, would love to see Sandhu again, or see the new wave of Cdn Ice dancer's like Paul & Islam, or any of the recently retired, or up and comming Cdn teams, or for general public the ones who don't follow skating and decide to buy tickets based on titles, how about using the 2011 World Junior Men's Gold champion - Rogozine to sell some tickets?

My thoughts are Dube could replace Phaneuf on the tour while Phaneuf is in Moscow, Sandhu could step in for Sawyer, Paul & Islam could sub for Virtue & Moir... There are just so many fab Cdn skater's who are pro or who did not make the world team, and who do need the exposure and the cash. I would much prefer to see any of them, than our neighbor folks, like Wagner, Cohen and Abbott types ... Pro Euro, or Asian skater's, would be far more acceptable as subs, than any available Yanks, should they not want Cdn names suggested in this thread, as we don't get as much in person or TV show exposure to them. But CSOI should star or feature Cdn skater's, if at all possible. My 2 cents.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victorskid View Post
    Here's a thought - Kurt is normally part of the announcing team on CBC. It was confirmed today that they'll be covering the rescheduled Worlds. I wonder what Kurt's contractual responsibilities are with CSOI and with CBC ...
    The change of date for Worlds just means he'll be on the Canadian tour when Worlds is held instead of the US one, since he's doing both tours this year. As we saw yesterday, CBC is working around that to include him in their broadcasts.

vCash
    I don't think Jessica Dube as a single on the SOI tour is that great of an idea, she's not ready for that as a single yet.. better to include Lacoste if she's willing

I'm glad to hear Shawn may still be going to Worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debrah View Post
    As a general rule I prefer to see Canadian skater's, on the Canadian tour.

So for me personally, Sandhu, Paul & Islam, Anabelle & Cody, Lawrence & Sweigers, Balde, Shae, etc., would all trump available show or elligible skater's from USA for sure, esp the over exposed skater's like Cohen, Abbott, cuz as much as I admire these USA skater's, and others like them from other countries, quite frankly, I have already seen these types of skater's quite enough this season. On the other hand, would love to see Sandhu again, or see the new wave of Cdn Ice dancer's like Paul & Islam, or any of the recently retired, or up and comming Cdn teams, or for general public the ones who don't follow skating and decide to buy tickets based on titles, how about using the 2011 World Junior Men's Gold champion - Rogozine to sell some tickets?

My thoughts are Dube could replace Phaneuf on the tour while Phaneuf is in Moscow, Sandhu could step in for Sawyer, Paul & Islam could sub for Virtue & Moir... There are just so many fab Cdn skater's who are pro or who did not make the world team, and who do need the exposure and the cash. I would much prefer to see any of them, than our neighbor folks, like Wagner, Cohen and Abbott types ... Pro Euro, or Asian skater's, would be far more acceptable as subs, than any available Yanks, should they not want Cdn names suggested in this thread, as we don't get as much in person or TV show exposure to them. But CSOI should star or feature Cdn skater's, if at all possible. My 2 cents.

ITA with you. I'm sure there are many who would love to see Eman again. I know I would........and it would be a great thing for the younger kids to get a taste of show skating....It sure helped Joannie perform better.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I wonder if there is any chance that Shawn was reported to be doing the whole tour because they are trying to change some of the conflicting tour dates? I know it's a whole ripple effect if they do that but since they have made zero announcements yet we can still speculate...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skate Talker View Post
    Yda on CBC Slipchuk from Skate Canada definitely said that ALL the skaters were on board with going to Worlds so I am a bit skeptical that this news about Shawn is true. He worked so hard to get back on the World team that I can only see this if he had an injury that he felt would make it hard to do worlds but okay with say lesser content on the tour.
    mmmmm i wonder what is going on- shawn seemed to excited about being ON the world team- and what does a few weeks do to his decision .. any updates on the world enteries?

vCash
    When Shawn originally made hte world team he wasn't signed yet to CSOI, so maybe he will decide to do CSOI because his fans went to all the 'trouble' of doing a petition type thing, and he seems to sometimes like pleasing the fans more than getting results

vCash
    .. but he is still on the worlds entries list, and there was nothing on Skate Canada's website about a change in the team this morning.

vCash

Shawn Sawyer

Gang it's true, Shawn is retiring from competitive skating and focusing his attentions on his professional career! I have mixed emotions about this decision because I've loved watching him skate competitively for so long, buuuuut that being said, he is an amazing performer and will do great on the professional circuit for shows etc.

Guess this means Canada will have to share him, and hopefully his amazing talent spreads to many more places because believe me people he is such a talented performer and such a kind soul

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    .. but he is still on the worlds entries list, and there was nothing on Skate Canada's website about a change in the team this morning.
    These things usually take a little time. If this is true, I would imagine the Worlds entries list will be updated this week (maybe as early as tomorrow or Tuesday) once the official paperwork is submitted by Skate Canada.

Shawn's a great show skater and I'm happy to hear that he's capitalizing on his SOI tour opportunities.

vCash
    That article that Siberia82 posted was released as recently as March 24th, 2011 (thanks for posting that Siberia!). So *if* Shawn Sawyer decided to withdraw in order do the entire tour, it would have been just a matter of a couple of days for that change of mind, obviously. Just speculation on my part, but maybe CSOI offered Sawyer a good amount of money to do the whole tour. *Maybe* Sawyer came to the conclusion that skipping out on that salary for Worlds where even if he had the short and long program of his life, would *logically* be out of the running for a medal, would simply not be worth it?

I have heard nothing of CSOI changing their dates. I would think that they would announce date changes before announcing that Sawyer would "be doing all 12 of CSOI's shows"? That would be pretty complicated to change dates now(?).

That being said, it's not my decision, but it would be sad not to see Sawyer and is wonderful FS at Worlds. It took him 5 years to finally make it back on the world team and it would be great if he could give the Mad Hatter character one more go before moving. It would seem so unifinished if he didn't.

vCash
    Is Sandhu still skating? I know he was doing European shows, but don't know how recently. I thought that he was pursuing a singing career now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    It's Sunday - give them a little bit of time. Shawn's agent just announced it last night, I'm sure we'll hear something more "official" next week. Be happy for him, this is something Shawn wants to do.

As for a change in schedule for CSOI - there's no way. Over and above the nightmare it would create with tickets, the venues are booked long in advance.

vCash
    Hey, I'm happy for Shawn. I was one who signed the petition to have him on CSOI so it will be awesome to see him. I am bummed I didn't know about the CBC thing yesterday so didn't PVR it. I take it it was a rehash of last year's worlds with some fresh Kurt commentary?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast