Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 113
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    "Winterpeg"
    Posts
    4,794
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Have to add this - I would also love to see Brodeur and Mattatall - they just announced their retirement from eligible competition.

    http://www.skatebuzz.com/ViewNewsArt...4-03b7accac068

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    bowing down to Robert Lepage
    Posts
    3,400
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2696
    Nam Nguyen! Okay maybe he is too young - but he is super entertaining!
    Emmanuel. How about Sebastien Britten - does he skate any more? I loved him! Also Paul and Islam and Lawrence and Swiegers.

  3. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    439
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Brilliant ideas all! I love the Battle of the Bladers idea! I also think it would be brilliant to have Shae (would she be in Moscow) and Kurt do a few more numbers together. Those two could do an entire show and I'd be happy!

  4. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    733
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Definitely Shae-Lynn Bourne. They need ladies and she'd be great in the group numbers.

  5. #25
    Skating supporter
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    Posts
    3,483
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5293
    Quote Originally Posted by Teenes View Post
    Definitely Shae-Lynn Bourne. They need ladies and she'd be great in the group numbers.
    I agree BUT perhaps she's planning to be in Moscow with her dance team?
    Can't skate but love to watch

  6. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    678
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by victorskid View Post
    Judy - there are lower level seats in Ottawa in the $54 range and the view from them is excellent. That's where I'll be sitting with a group of friends, enjoying the show, whoever we get to see.
    That's still a lot of $$ for what you get. I'm just not into the exhibition skating as much as I used to be .. and the cast that CSOI draws now is just too small.

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    "Winterpeg"
    Posts
    4,794
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I, on the other hand, actually enjoy more Canadian skaters who are not such big names. I always used to be jealous that I only got the "regular" Stars on Ice cast and not the one that toured with Skate the Nation version

  8. #28

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,104
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Skate Talker View Post
    I, on the other hand, actually enjoy more Canadian skaters who are not such big names. I always used to be jealous that I only got the "regular" Stars on Ice cast and not the one that toured with Skate the Nation version
    Me too. I’d much rather watch Cynthia Phaneuf than Sasha Cohen. CSOI is great experience for our younger skaters. Joannie really blossomed after doing a whole tour. BTW, Lawrence & Swiegers are apparently the guest skaters at the MB Section’s Bursary Foundation show this year. Tickets are usually available to the public, but nothing has been posted on the Section website as of yet.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Canada baby!
    Age
    38
    Posts
    7,554
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1101
    I am all about seeing Shae Lynn. I haven't seen her skate for awhile (not counting the Dance Show her and Kurt did in the fall)

    I would love to see her on the tour. Other options would be Sandhu and Wing & Lowe!!
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,836
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    All good suggestions.

    However, if you're in a pinch, just stuff Brubaker, Hay and Zimmerman into a tight pair of jeans and push them out to center ice. No one will give a flying feck what they do.

  11. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    London, ON, Canada
    Posts
    1,156
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I would love to see Lawrence and Swiegers get picked up by SOI. They were a riot in Kingston, they have a lot of personality on the ice. I'd also love to see Paul and Islam perform, they have so much potential and remind me of a young Virtue and Moir. I am interested to see what SOI decide to do. It's too bad that all the Ontario stops are conflicting with Worlds, because I might have picked up another show if I could have seen the two different casts (depending on who they choose).

  12. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,307
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm wondering if they would ask Tanith & Ben to fill in for Tessa and Scott? Also Ina and Zimmerman have been filling in for Sale & Pelletier when needed on the U.S. tour...they already know all the group numbers, so it would make sense if they were available.

  13. #33
    Skating supporter
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    Posts
    3,483
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5293
    Quote Originally Posted by skamper23 View Post
    I'm wondering if they would ask Tanith & Ben to fill in for Tessa and Scott? Also Ina and Zimmerman have been filling in for Sale & Pelletier when needed on the U.S. tour...they already know all the group numbers, so it would make sense if they were available.
    That would make a lot of sense - Tanith has dual citizenship and it would bring in the "Battle of the Blades" connection (with Kyoko).
    Can't skate but love to watch

  14. #34

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,563
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Maybe Tanith will work on Universall sports during WCh?

  15. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    733
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Would be cool to see fresh skaters, but I think the thing they're most likely to do is ask some of the US skaters to come up to Canada. No need to teach a new group of people the group choreography, and it's probably easier to extend contracts than reach out and do new ones. Tanith & Ben as the dance team, either Michael or Todd in place of Shawn... They do need another woman, if they want to keep the cast the same size and profile (for the group numbers). Katia's already committed to Yu-Na's show. Hence my Shae-Lynn suggestion. Though, I'd forgotten she coaches.

  16. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    785
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by luckiest1 View Post
    I would love to see Lawrence and Swiegers get picked up by SOI. They were a riot in Kingston, they have a lot of personality on the ice. I'd also love to see Paul and Islam perform, they have so much potential and remind me of a young Virtue and Moir. I am interested to see what SOI decide to do. It's too bad that all the Ontario stops are conflicting with Worlds, because I might have picked up another show if I could have seen the two different casts (depending on who they choose).
    That would be AWESOME I love both teams, and If I had to pick replacements, I would have suggested the same two.

    I wonder if CSOI will do local replacements for each show...for egs. Paul and Islam train in Barrie, so perhaps ask them to perform in the Ontario shows, and then having Lawrence & Swiegers skate the shows out west. There are plenty of great skaters to choose from all over thye country, and that would probably be the most convenient solution given the fact that this is all short notice. Just a thought.

  17. #37
    Skating supporter
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    Posts
    3,483
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5293
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    I wonder if CSOI will do local replacements for each show...for egs. Paul and Islam train in Barrie, so perhaps ask them to perform in the Ontario shows, and then having Lawrence & Swiegers skate the shows out west. There are plenty of great skaters to choose from all over thye country, and that would probably be the most convenient solution given the fact that this is all short notice. Just a thought.
    That idea probably wouldn't be practical since the skaters involved will have to learn the group numbers that are part of the show. Normally the cast works together for a few days in Halifax with the initial show there before they "hit the road".
    Can't skate but love to watch

  18. #38

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Victoria BC
    Age
    70
    Posts
    2,971
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Ummmm. If Eladj Balde was in CSOI I would buy a ticket toot sweet. Yes, even if I had to watch Sasha and Evan. Now why aren't THEY going to Moscow?

  19. #39
    Skating supporter
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Born in Nova Scotia but living in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's Capital)
    Posts
    3,483
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5293
    Here's a thought - Kurt is normally part of the announcing team on CBC. It was confirmed today that they'll be covering the rescheduled Worlds. I wonder what Kurt's contractual responsibilities are with CSOI and with CBC ...

    By the way, he was part of their "special edition" today, via Skype from the SOI tour location.
    Can't skate but love to watch

  20. #40

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    bowing down to Robert Lepage
    Posts
    3,400
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2696
    Quote Originally Posted by JasperBoy View Post
    Ummmm. If Eladj Balde was in CSOI I would buy a ticket toot sweet. Yes, even if I had to watch Sasha and Evan. Now why aren't THEY going to Moscow?
    Eladj Balde! Oh yeahhhhh!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •