Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The wiener takes it all
    vCash

Lightbulb THIS WEEK: Four Continents on UniSports TV

Just creating a thread so none of you miss seeing/recording the coverage of 2011 Four Continents being shown on Universal Sports TV this week (Thursday - Sunday) in the evening. Coverage begins tonight (Thursday) at 8:00pm Eastern (5:00pm Pacific).

Coverage schedule (all times Eastern). First airings are in bold type:

Thursday, March 24
    8:00pm - 9:30pm: 2011 Four Continents Men's SP and Pairs SP
    11:00pm - 12:30am: 2011 Four Continents Men's SP and Pairs SP

Friday, March 25
    2:00am - 3:30am: 2011 Four Continents Men's SP and Pairs SP
    noon - 1:30pm: 2011 Four Continents Men's SP and Pairs SP
    4 - 5:30pm: 2011 Four Continents Men's SP and Pairs SP
    8:00pm - 10:00pm: 2011 Four Continents Men's FS and Pairs FS
    11:00pm - 1:00am: 2011 Four Continents Men's FS and Pairs FS

Saturday, March 26
    2-4am: 2011 Four Continents Men's FS and Pairs FS
    noon - 2pm: 2011 Four Continents Men's FS and Pairs FS
    4 - 6pm: 2011 Four Continents Men's FS and Pairs FS
    7:30pm - 9:00pm: 2011 Four Continents Ladies SP and Short Dance
    10:30pm - midnight: 2011 Four Continents Ladies SP and Short Dance

Sunday, March 27
    noon - 1:30pm: 2011 Four Continents Ladies SP and Short Dance
    4 - 5:30pm: 2011 Four Continents Ladies SP and Short Dance
    8:00pm - 10:00pm: 2011 Four Continents Ladies FS and Free Dance

These programs will be repeated several times. Check out the Universal Sports TV Figure Skating schedule for repeat times.

This is a total of seven hours of 4CC coverage. Thanks Universal Sports!
    Last edited by HisWeirness; 03-24-2011 at 10:15 PM.

vCash
    ^ Thank you!! You are the best!!

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    that is great!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    The coverage is starting now on Universal Sports! Enjoy!

ETA: Just had to give Evora/Ladwig a standing ovation in my living room for finishing their SP despite Mark's boot coming apart. I had read all about this, but seeing it happen in real time was still !
    Last edited by HisWeirness; 03-25-2011 at 12:24 AM.

vCash
    Thanks for the heads-up! I just tuned in. Yay! Skating on television again!!!

vCash
    I'd like to know how many Pairs and Men's short programs are shown on the broadcast. Thanks in advance!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I'd like to know how many Pairs and Men's short programs are shown on the broadcast. Thanks in advance!
    They showed 5 pairs--- including the 8th and 10th place finishers, but not the 2nd and 3rd place finishers. It seems that they just decided to show the final group + the additional American team without bothering to check the actual standings.

Top 7 men were shown.

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Amanda & Mark are my heroes. I have no idea how they kept themselves together so well after that boot issue.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    I had forgotten about the boot. Having the camera following the skate switch...now I really don't know how Mark managed to pull that off. And Amanda is a rock star - she didn't look insecure at all about trusting her safety to someone wearing an unfamiliar skate.

I wish they'd repaid Rudi Sweigers' fab sportsmanship by showing his SP
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Seeing the boot drama was good. Ladwig trying to get used to that skate in 2 minutes! And Evora trusting that he could do fine with that skate! Stressful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stjeaskategym View Post
    They showed 5 pairs--- including the 8th and 10th place finishers, but not the 2nd and 3rd place finishers. It seems that they just decided to show the final group + the additional American team without bothering to check the actual standings.

Top 7 men were shown.
    Yeah, the E/L "boot drama" took up the time that could have been used to show one or maybe two other pairs...but it was interesting, nonetheless.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Yeah, the E/L "boot drama" took up the time that could have been used to show one or maybe two other pairs...but it was interesting, nonetheless.
    They only had three minutes to resume their program after they had informed the referee of the problem. It would have been difficult to fit another pair's program in that time, and impossible to fit two others.

YEAH!
    vCash
    So am I the only one having problems with Universal Sports? There's no sound and the digital picture is choppy and unwatchable, freezing every other second. The channel has been like that all week, including the Worlds reruns, but all my other digital cable channels are perfectly fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post
    Personally I'm glad they showed it, even at the expense of getting another pairs SP (not enough time for two)

Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    So am I the only one having problems with Universal Sports? There's no sound and the digital picture is choppy and unwatchable, freezing every other second. The channel has been like that all week, including the Worlds reruns, but all my other digital cable channels are perfectly fine.
    I had no problems with US

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Personally I'm glad they showed it, even at the expense of getting another pairs SP (not enough time for two)...
    I liked it too. Carruthers' 'wowee' comments alone were worth it. Of course, one couple could have been shown but seemed longer - it was 4 minutes because, as Carruthers explained, they got the 3 minutes to repair the problem then were given one extra minute (while back on the ice) to get back mentally. (Carruthers said "it's very nice of the panel to grant them an extra minute to collect their thoughts..." or similar words)
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I had a problem with Worlds. I was watching the ladies. Miki finished her skate and was in the K&C and my screen froze. It stayed like that for about 30 min. I was watching the re-airing late at night when it happened. I just turned off my set and went to bed. No problem last night watching 4C.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Personally I'm glad they showed it, even at the expense of getting another pairs SP (not enough time for two)
    I'm glad they showed it as well, as it was a very interesting and unusual situation that Evora/Ladwig overcame nicely. I just think it was careless to not show even the 2nd place team... There were lower ranking skaters in the broadcast that could have been cut out to show them. It's no big deal, as die-hard skating fans were able to watch this competition live, but for more casual fans watching, I'm sure they found it odd when Andrea just skipped over the 2nd & 3rd place finishers on the leader board as if they didn't exist.

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    They are showing Pairs free skates right now!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    I really really really hope Mark has a different boot for Worlds! Watching that boot issue all over again makes me a nervous wreck. I'm still amazed at their poise throughout that whole competition.
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Duhamel and Radford have so much potential-they were really impressive to me.

When they showed the men Abbott impressed me more than he did almost the whole season! The Japanese Men were all good but since the competition ended with Rippon I just had to think of what he needs to do get a 3A consistent and what about trying a 4T to try to make up for that problem a little.

Look forward to the SPs from Ladies and Dance tomorrow-like with Flatts SP and VM's SP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast