Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    Keeping with the British theme, I suggest a sitcom: Gavin and Stacey. Hilarious.
    It has 3 seasons and a Christmas Special.

vCash
    Some have already been mentioned so I apologize for repeats, but here's my list!

LOST
    The Tudors
    Rome
    Vampire Diaries
    Firefly
    Fringe (I haven't seen it, but I keep hearing it's AMAZING so I'm renting it over the summer!)
    Dexter
    Merlin

Also, for anyone that loved the Tudors don't forget that the Borgias should be starting before too long IIRC.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    Also, for anyone that loved the Tudors don't forget that the Borgias should be starting before too long IIRC.
    Apr 3. At least that's the premiere date in Canada (on Bravo), probably the same for Showtime in the US.

I'm actually hoping it will be a lot better than The Tutors ... :

vCash
    Lost! Also, Friends, ER, Dallas, Dynasty and thirtysomething.

vCash
    Psych. It's the only current show I watch. Laugh my head off everytime I see Shawn and Gus (no matter how many times I've seen the episode).

Other favorites would be:
    Fawlty Towers
    Perfect Strangers
    Monk

And for really classic, The Dick Van Dyke Show & I admit to loving all the black & white episodes of The Andy Griffith Show

-Bridget

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    Lost! Also, Friends, ER, Dallas, Dynasty and thirtysomething.
    ooo thirtysomething! Haven't seen that since it originally aired - does it hold up? The DVDs on Amazon ain't cheap.

vCash
    The first 3 seaons of 30something are sold at HMV for 20 bucks per set (at least at the downtown location). The fourth and final season is $40 but it should go down eventually.

And I think it's still great. Love the acting and writing, and makes me emotional. And the extras are fantastic!

From the Bloc
    vCash
    This thread reminded me of another show I loved back in the day - Knots Landing. It used to be repeated twice a week here (US and Canadian airings) and it was so good I'd watch it both times. A friend and I used to call each other during commercials - no hellos, just straight to OMG!

I caught a couple of episodes on one of the soap channels a few years back, and was sucked right in again. Sadly, only the first two of 14 seasons are on DVD, and it's really the middle seasons that are the best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaileyCatts View Post
    Third Watch!! But only Season 1-2 of six seasons are available at this time. My most favorite show EVER. I don't know why the hell they can't get the rest of the seasons out.
    Same thing with Early Edition. And I loved the third season (even though Kristy Swanson was a pain in the butt).
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    Flight of the Conchords
    Arrested Development
    Yes! And judging by what you list in your opening post, I agree with the suggestion of Dead Like Me. Along those lines, I also suggest these other short-lived - woefully underappreciated - series ...

Action (Naughty-before-its-time Jay Mohr/Illeana Douglas comedy about the dog-eat-dog life in the television industry)

Deadwood (best writing ever for a drama ... but don't go there is your ears cannot take continual cussing or your eyes continual violence)

Better Off Ted (cool love child of Allie McBeal and Just Shoot Me, with a tour de force Portia De Rossi)

vCash
    Life
    Threshold (unfortunately short lived)
    Alias (the show that JJ Abrams was known for before Lost)

and ditto Gilmore Girls and Joan of Arcadia.

Current shows:
    White Collar
    The Good Wife
    Chuck

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Action (Naughty-before-its-time Jay Mohr/Illeana Douglas comedy about the dog-eat-dog life in the television industry)
    I remember that show! It was excellent.

vCash
    Ahh! How could I forget my epic Christmas The Big Bang Theory Marathon? Or the weeks I spent on How I Met Your Mother?

vCash
    I would also recommend The West Wing and Monk.

And if you enjoyed The X-Files, definitely check out Fringe. It is amazing; especially in seasons 2 and 3 --season 3 is airing now, though, so you may have to wait to catch up!

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    Oh, I loved Battlestar Galactica - the new one, not the one from the 1970's. Highly recommended.

This was going to be my suggestion as well - although BSG is categorized as Science Fiction, in actuality it's a more like a compelling drama that happens to take place in Space.

I looked forward to Friday nights the way a lot of people look forward to payday or kid counts down the days until Christmas . Then, after watching an episode, I used to find myself thinking about it a lot the next day, turning everything over in my mind, and the like.

vCash
    I loved Fawlty Towers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by talulabell View Post
    I'd add 24 to the growing list. I only watched the last 3 seasons, but I've heard great things about the earlier seasons. I've been meaning to go back and watch from the start.
    I've bought the earlier season DVDs so I can get caught up.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Not a series, but a six-part mini-series I saw on BBC America and then watched again from Netflix: Luther. Terrific detective/crime story. Each episode covers a different crime, but there's a continuing back story. I loved it.

Mad Men, as others have said

vCash
    I second the Life rec. I just rewatched both seasons, thinking they'd make more sense... not really, but really enjoyed it!

Firefly is a given. Babylon 5, YES! MI:5 (Spooks) has been cheap at Costco. As Time Goes By, Chef. I've been watching Stargate and Stargate Atlantis, hilariously awesome.

I've picked up a few things for $10-20 a season recently to give a try... Fringe, How I Met Your Mother. Been picking up Andromeda to rewatch, and the first season of Earth: Final Conflict.

vCash
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast