Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Florent Amodio still coached by N.Morozov

In a recent french interview, Florent Amodio announced that he will still be coached by Nikolai Morozov.
    Owing to the strong ties between them 2, Morozov wants to continue to coach him; Florent said that Nikolai would part some skaters.
    That's pretty much great news
    http://www.vonews.fr/article_13580

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    great? well...not really...
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    great? well...not really...
    Well it is great he is going to part with some skaters, I will sacrifice Amodio to free some others.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alij View Post
    Well it is great he is going to part with some skaters, I will sacrifice Amodio to free some others.

DAISUKE!!!!!!!!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alij View Post
    I'll be happy as long as Javier is set free.

vCash
    Worst news I've heard all day.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by itsartemis View Post
    I'll be happy as long as Javier is set free.

U know, I'm thankful for the great things Nikolai has done for Javi, but he's way better than the things he's skated to and obviously Amodio is his priority... he needs to be the center piece in his coaching team now

vCash
    I'm really curious to find out whether Javi's staying with Morozov or not. And if he's not, then who will be his new coach?
    I guess we'll find out soon enough.

vCash
    Now we NEED a banner : FREE AMODIO !!
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

Fearless Musher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    Now we NEED a banner : FREE AMODIO !!
    And another one : AMODIO STFU !!

He's so full of himself, he's going to explode like the proverbial frog who wanted to be as big as the ox. There is a big difference between "rejuvenating" figure skating and making it what he wants it to be. "I want to have fun, to please the public". Great. Then shut up and skate. "There are morons everywhere". True. Look who's talking . Geeee there was a time when I wanted to come to his defence (and I did) for being young and fresh and new and fun but I have had it with the "me, myself, and I this and I that". Deflate your big head kiddo, now, or you'll just be another wannabe triping over his ego all along his career. And now let's see if this coach who "absolutely wants to keep on working with him" will be allowed to do so and will spend significant time with him...
    Last edited by cholla; 05-09-2011 at 12:32 PM. Reason: to correct typos
    "I missed the view and viewed the mist..." ©

vCash
    OMG STFU ? LOL

vCash
    ITA cholla.

The "there are morons everywhere" comment is not only wrong in the context, but impolitic too. The whole of France watches figure skating with the commentary of the "moron" in question. I simply hate Pelissier's ice dance commentary which is totally ignorant, but he is a top coach in singles and he was Gailhaguet's coach. I think Amodio will find out in the long run that he cannot burn bridges with such people for trifles. He may be the next big thing in French skating right now, but a new talent may emerge even before Sochi and then he'll need all the support he can get, just to show his "groundbreaking" skating in the Olympics.

vCash
    cholla, unless he pulles a Chan, grows up, becomes smart and wins the worlds The trouble is that it was so easy to admire Chan's skating and ignore his interviews, which is far harder with the crap Amodio is doing on the ice

Fearless Musher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    cholla, unless he pulles a Chan, grows up, becomes smart and wins the worlds The trouble is that it was so easy to admire Chan's skating and ignore his interviews, which is far harder with the crap Amodio is doing on the ice
    I'm not holding my breath. Amodio is largely supported and comforted in this crappy attitude by his entourage and his federation. I can't see him growing up if he's fostered to think he is the 8th Wonder of the World.
    "I missed the view and viewed the mist..." ©

vCash
    Problem is even his parents are taking that turn. They believe a 100% all the CRAP DG has been telling them since last year. They can't seem to take some steps back to consider what is being done with their son.
    Sad for them, sad for Florent.
    Because DG will of course let them down, like he has done every time a new promising skater emerges. And they don't seem to be able to overcome that at all.
    Burning bridges with Pélissier is wrong, trying to undermine him at Eurosport (which BTW is considering stoping broadcasting FS alltogether if federations continue to try to make them change one thing about how they cover an event). Burning bridges with the guy who created him (Bernard Glesser) is even more STUPID and WRONG.

At least, Maman Joubert kept her son grounded. We can say a lot about her, she has poor taste in music and costumes, but Brian stayed the same, or almost, with all the WORLDS MEDALS he gathered.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    ...At least, Maman Joubert kept her son grounded. ....
    Are you kidding??? BJ of all, who thinks he deserved all the titles in the last five years or so???

vCash
    I doubt he thinks the same now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viv View Post
    Are you kidding??? BJ of all, who thinks he deserved all the titles in the last five years or so???
    Brian Joubert has been pretty level headed in most of the interviews I have heard. His language and also his body language are always reserved and not arrogant. He talks highly of his rivals and praises former champions. He doesn't think figure skating has been born with him. He hasn't changed with 10 European medals and several World medals.

Even the time he beat Plushenko for the European title - which at that time was the biggest achievement a skater could think of - French Eurosport had their cameras on him when Plushenko's result came up and not a muscle twitched on his face, while everyone around him was congratulating him. I think he doesn't want to look arrogant.

vCash
    Javier will continue training with Morozov (sorry, it's in Spanish).

vCash
    Second bad news of the day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast