View Poll Results: Which Of These Movies Grab Your Interest (Vote For As Many As You Like)

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Apr. 8th – Arthur (Romantic comedy with Russell Brand, Helen Mirren & Jennifer Garner)

8 11.76%
  • Apr. 15th – Scream 4 (Horror with David Arquette, Courteney Cox, Emma Roberts & Hayden Panettiere)

11 16.18%
  • May 6th - Thor (Action/adventure with Natalie Portman, Anthony Hopkins & Chris Hemsworth)

14 20.59%
  • May 13th – Priest (Horror with Paul Bettany, Cam Gigandet & Maggie Q)

9 13.24%
  • May 20th - Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (Action/adventure with Johnny Depp)

31 45.59%
  • May 26th - The Hangover 2 (Comedy with Zach Galifianakis & Bradley Cooper)

14 20.59%
  • May 27th - Kung Fu Panda 2 (Animation with Jack Black & Angelina Jolie & Jean-Claude van Damme)

9 13.24%
  • June 3rd – X-Men: First Class (Science-fiction with James McAvoy, Rose Byrne & Jennifer Lawrence)

24 35.29%
  • June 10th - Super 8 (Science-fiction with Elle Fanning, Kyle Chandler, Ron Eldard & Noah Emmerich)

13 19.12%
  • June 17th - Green Lantern (Science-fiction with Ryan Reynolds,Blake Lively & Peter Sarsgaard)

14 20.59%
  • June 24th – Bad Teacher (Comedy with Cameron Diaz, Jason Segel & Justin Timberlake)

6 8.82%
  • June 24th – Cars 2 (Animation with Owen Wilson, Bruce Campbell, Emily Mortimer & Eddie Izzard)

12 17.65%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash

Spring Movie Thread (April to June 2011)

Perhaps there is one or two here that will interest you?

Apr. 1st – Cat Run (Action comedy with Janet McTeer, Christopher McDonald & D. L. Hughley)
    Apr. 1st – Hop (Comedy with Russell Brand, James Marsden, Hugh Laurie & Chelsea Handler)
    Apr. 1st – Insidious (Comedy/horror with Patrick Wilson, Rose Byrne & Barbara Hershey)
    Apr. 1st – Source Code (Sci-fi thriller with Jake Gyllenhaal, Vera Farmiga and Michelle Monaghan)
    Apr. 1st – Super (Action comedy with Rainn Wilson, Ellen Page, Liv Tyler & Kevin Bacon)
    Apr. 1st – Trust (Drama with Clive Owen & Catherine Keener)
    Apr. 1st – Win Win! (Comedy with Paul Giamatti, Amy Ryan, Bobby Cannavale & Jeffrey Tambor)
    Apr. 1st – Wrecked (Psychological thriller with Adrien Brody)

Apr. 8th - American: The Bill Hicks Story (comedy documentary)
    Apr. 8th – Arthur (Romantic comedy with Russell Brand, Helen Mirren & Jennifer Garner)
    Apr. 8th – Ceremony (comedy with Uma Thurman, Lee Pace & Michael Angarano)
    Apr. 8th – Hanna (Thriller with Cate Blanchett, Eric Bana, Olivia Williams & Saoirse Ronan)
    Apr. 8th – Imax: Born To Be Wild (Documentary with Morgan Freeman & Birute Galdikas)
    Apr. 8th – Meek’s Cut-Off (western with Michelle Williams, Paul Dano, Shirley Henderson and Will Patton)
    Apr. 8th – Soul Surfer (Sport action with Dennis Quaid , Helen Hunt, Carrie Underwood & Kevin Sorbo)
    Apr. 8th – Your Highness (Comedy with Danny McBride, James Franco, Natalie Portman & Zooey Deschanel)

Apr. 15th – Atlas Shrugged Part One (Science-fiction with Nick Cassavetes & Taylor Schilling)
    Apr. 15th – The Conspirator (dir. by Robert Redford, starring Robin Wright, James McAvoy, Tom Wilkinson)
    Apr. 15th – Rio (Animation with Anne Hathaway, Jesse Eisenberg, Anne Hathaway & Tracy Morgan)
    Apr. 15th – Scream 4 (Horror with David Arquette, Courteney Cox, Emma Roberts & Hayden Panettiere)

Apr. 22nd - African Cats: Kingdom of Courage (documentary)
    Apr. 22nd - Apollo 18 (Sci-Fi horror)
    Apr. 22nd - Born To Be A Star (Comedy with Christina Ricci & Edward Herrmann)
    Apr. 22nd - The Greatest Movie Ever Sold (Documentary with Morgan Spurlock & Ben Silverman)
    Apr. 22nd – Incendies (French drama about twins searching for lost sibling in the Middle East)
    Apr. 22nd - Madea’s Big Happy Family (Comedy with Tyler Perry, Loretta Devine & Bow Wow)
    Apr. 22nd - Water For Elephants (Drama with Reese Witherspoon, Robert Pattinson & Christoph Waltz)

Apr. 29th - Dylan Dog: Dead of Night (Thiller with Brandon Routh, Taye Diggs & Kurt Angle)
    Apr. 29th - Fast Five (Action thriller with Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson & Michelle Rodriguez)
    Apr. 29th - Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil (Animation with Hayden Panettiere & Glenn Close)
    Apr. 29th – Prom (comedy drama with Christine Elise, Faith Ford & Jere Burns)
    Apr. 29th - Sympathy for Delicious (Comedy with Orlando Bloom, Mark Ruffalo & Juliette Lewis)

May 6th - The Beaver (Comedy drama with Mel Gibson, Jodie Foster, Jennifer Lawrence & Anton Yelchin)
    May 6th – Everything Must Go (Comedy drama with Will Ferrell, Laura Dern & Michael Pena)
    May 6th - Jumping the Broom (Comedy with Angela Bassett, Paula Patton, Julie Bowen & Romeo)
    May 6th - Something Borrowed (Romantic comedy with Kate Hudson, John Krasinski & Colin Egglesfield)
    May 6th - There Be Dragons (Drama with Charlie Cox, Wes Bentley & Dougray Scott))
    May 6th - Thor (Action/adventure with Natalie Portman, Anthony Hopkins & Chris Hemsworth)

May 13th – Bridesmaids (Comedy with Jon Hamm, Kristen Wiig, Rose Byrne & Maya Rudolph)
    May 13th – Hesher (Comedy with Natalie Portman, Joseph Gordon-Levitt & Rainn Wilson)
    May 13th – Potiche (Comedy with Catherine Deneuve & Gιrard Depardieu)
    May 13th – Priest (Horror with Paul Bettany, Cam Gigandet & Maggie Q)

May 20th - Midnight in Paris (Romantic comedy with Owen Wilson, Rachel McAdams & Adrien Brody)
    May 20th - Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (Action/adventure with Johnny Depp & Ian McShane)

May 25th - The Trip (Comedy with Steve Coogan – Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story follow-up)
    May 26th - The Hangover 2 (Comedy with Zach Galifianakis & Bradley Cooper)
    May 27th - Kung Fu Panda 2 (Animation with Jack Black & Angelina Jolie & Jean-Claude van Damme)
    May 27th - The Tree of Life (Drama with Brad Pitt & Sean Penn)

June 3rd – Beginners (Drama with Ewan McGregor, Christopher Plummer & Goran Visnjic)
    June 3rd – Submarine (comedy drama with Sally Hawkins, Paddy Considine & Noah Taylor)
    June 3rd – X-Men: First Class (Science-fiction with James McAvoy, Rose Byrne & Jennifer Lawrence)

June 10th - Super 8 (Science-fiction with Elle Fanning, Kyle Chandler, Ron Eldard & Noah Emmerich)
    June 10th – Judy Moody and the NOT Bummer Summer (family comedy with Heather Graham)

June 17th - Green Lantern (Science-fiction with Ryan Reynolds,Blake Lively, Peter Sarsgaard &Tim Robbins)
    June 17th - Homework (Romantic comedy with Freddie Highmore, Emma Roberts & Rita Wilson)
    June 17th - Mr. Popper's Penguins (Family comedy with Jim Carrey, Angela Lansbury & Carla Gugino)

June 24th – Bad Teacher (Comedy with Cameron Diaz, Jason Segel & Justin Timberlake)
    June 24th – Cars 2 (Animation with Owen Wilson, Bruce Campbell, Emily Mortimer & Eddie Izzard)
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Wow, tons of movie!! Of the list, I want to see:

Hanna
    Scream 4
    Water for Elephants
    The Hangover 2
    Super 8

Of those I am sure I will go see Hangover 2 (unless reviews suck), Hanna and Super 8. I have been waiting to see Super 8 for a long time, since people thought it was a sequel to Cloverfield.

There are tons on the list that I either have not heard of or do not recognize by name. So I am sure some of those will make my list once I see previews.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Not much grabbing me, yet, but there are always unexpected gems in the "slow" season. Besides, eh, I aim to be very busy this spring outdoors and traveling and what-not.

Definitely excited about these, though:

Hangover 2
    Win Win!
    Green Lantern
    Sympathy for Delicious

Natalie Portman is in a couple of comedies and an action/adventure this spring - nice to see it's not all .

I'm curiuos about Jodie Foster's The Beaver ... trainwreck or good fun, and will the audience pay to see a Mel Gibson movie?

vCash
    I was a comic book geek as a kid (still a geek, lol) , so I'm looking forward to Thor, X-Men and Green Lantern.

vCash
    I'm really looking forward to watching Scream 4, X-Men: First Class and The Hangover 2.
    Last edited by MikiAndoFan#1; 03-24-2011 at 12:53 AM.

vCash
    THOR!!!! Plus there are several movies that I also want to see. Needless to saw most of the comic book movies will make my must see list! hehehehe Oh yeah... and thanks once again for another wonderful movie thread PeterG.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Atlas Shrugged (Part I) . It will be interesting to see if they are able to modernize it while remaining true to the book.

Atlas Shrugged Trailer

vCash
    Kung fu Panda 2 definitely. The rest, not sure.

vCash
    Hanna
    Water for Elephants(if I can stand to watch trained animals).
    Thor
    The Green Lantern
    and Scream 4

Those are the movies I'm most excited about.

vCash
    Since I tecbnically saw iton the first day of spring, I think it should be mentioned here: Lincoln Lawyer.. It was really good for a legal thriller.
    I'm kind of intrigued by Hanna and will definitely see Water for Elephants.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Looks like Zack Snyder has directed yet another bad movie called "Sucker Punch". I can't believe the studio is trusting him to direct the upcoming Superman reboot.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    Green Lantern definitely, and probably X-Men too (I loves me some James McAvoy!). Water for Elephants maybe -- I can't imagine it will be anywhere as good as the book, and I don't have very high expectations for Pattison, so I'll probably wait for that one on DVD.

Saw Incendies last year -- excellent.

For the rest, many will no doubt make my DVD list eventually, but I don't know enough about any of them yet to run to the theatre right away ...

vCash
    Hop looks adorable! Candy and Chicks! hehehehe I might just sneak in the back to see this one or borrow someone's kid and go!

vCash
    I just watched the official trailer for Thor - it looks awesome!

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Movies I'm most looking forward to this season (a list which will change as unlike the Winter movie thread, I did not watch youtube trailers for most of the movies on the long list in the first post of this thread):

1. Bad Teacher (Comedy with Cameron Diaz, Jason Segel & Justin Timberlake)

- wicked trailer with great writing and performances

2. Incendies (French drama about twins searching for lost sibling in the Middle East)

- this one almost didn't make the list, but the trailer was so good I had to include it and the more I think about it, the more I want to see it!

3. Scream 4 (Horror with David Arquette, Courteney Cox, Emma Roberts & Hayden Panettiere)

- should be a great popcorn movie...plus the cast is first-rate

4. Something Borrowed (Romantic comedy with Kate Hudson, John Krasinski & Colin Egglesfield)

- looks to be well-written, plus I'm looking forward to seeing Kate Hudson playing against type (rent Kate's "The Skeleton Key" if you wanna see a great thriller/scary movie)...and this movie stars the stunningly beautiful Colin Egglesfield!

5. Thor (Action/adventure with Natalie Portman, Anthony Hopkins & Chris Hemsworth)

- great trailer

6. The Beaver (Comedy drama with Mel Gibson, Jodie Foster, Jennifer Lawrence & Anton Yelchin)

- this is on my list because I love anything and everything about Jodie Foster (well, probably not her love-on for Mel Gibson...but I'm not going to let his presence get in the way of what could very well likely be one of the best movies of the year)

7. Super 8 (Science-fiction with Elle Fanning, Kyle Chandler, Ron Eldard & Noah Emmerich)

- the trailer is a bit corny, but the movie is written and directed by J.J. Abrams and Steven Spielberg is one of the producers. It doesn't hurt that the cast includes Kyle Chandler and Elle Fanning (who seems to be following in her sister Dakota's footsteps of picking interesting movies....and being great in them!)

8. The Conspirator (dir. by Robert Redford, starring Robin Wright, James McAvoy, Tom Wilkinson)

- don't know anything about this movie...but the director! The cast! (which also includes Evan Rachel Wood, Alexis Bledel, Justin Long, Kevin Kline, Danny Huston, Colm Meaney and Jonathan Groff).

9. X-Men: First Class (Science-fiction with James McAvoy, Rose Byrne & Jennifer Lawrence)

- great cast and starting over (sort of) might give this one an extra boost of energy (not that the series needs it, but more fireworks won't hurt this kind of movie)!

10. Apollo 18 (Sci-Fi horror)

- the trailer doesn't look all that great, but I like the premise...this could be a bit of a sleeper

Honourable mentions:

Ceremony (comedy with Uma Thurman, Lee Pace & Michael Angarano)

- I like Uma (even though her movies have not been doing well the last few years) and I have such a crush on Lee Pace after seeing him in "The Fall". "The Fall???", you say? Yes, "The Fall". You must see this movie!!! Here's the trailer:

"The Fall" - The Best Movie You've Never Seen Cuz You've Never Heard Of It

Soul Surfer (Sport action with Dennis Quaid , Helen Hunt, Carrie Underwood & Kevin Sorbo)

- This could be great...or (The presence of Quaid and Hunt make me think it could be great...but then there's the presence or Hercules and Carrie Underwood's stiff performance in the trailer...)
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    This is going to be a great year for comic book movie fans like myself!

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I saw The Fall a couple of years ago. I had very loud company over (well my bf did) and I tried to watch it in the bedroom. I was sick so I didn't feel I was being rude. I liked what I saw but I missed so much of the dialogue that I want to see it (hear it?) again.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
    vCash
    I can't believe you omitted Hobo with a Shotgun. He's Rutger Hauer, and he's delivering justice, one shell at a time.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast