View Poll Results: Who will win the 2011 ladies World Championships gold medal?

Voters
236. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kim Yu-Na

132 55.93%
  • Mao Asada

47 19.92%
  • Miki Ando

40 16.95%
  • Alissa Czisny

9 3.81%
  • Rachael Flatt

2 0.85%
  • Carolina Kostner

1 0.42%
  • Kiira Korpi

2 0.85%
  • Kanako Murakami

0 0%
  • Ksenia Makarova

1 0.42%
  • Alena Leonova

0 0%
  • Viktoria Helgesson

2 0.85%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Who will win 2011 Ladies World Championships Gold Medal?

Assuming 2011 Worlds go ahead, who will win the ladies Gold medal?

Note that the old poll has closed and took place before cancellation and need to reschedule (a delay that will obviously impact on skaters preparations). Worth running again with a wider choice of skaters to vote for
    Last edited by Maofan7; 03-23-2011 at 01:48 PM.

vCash
    Ladies' champion at Worlds

Sorry but there's already at Next Page.
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    As stated, poll closed and took place before cancellation and need to reschedule. Worth running again.

vCash
    I voted Mao. You should have included Cynthia Phaneuf on the list though. If you include Helgesson you should include her since she probably has more of a chance of winning than Helgesson or even Leonova.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I voted Mao. You should have included Cynthia Phaneuf on the list though. If you include Helgesson you should include her since she probably has more of a chance of winning than Helgesson or even Leonova.
    You raise a valid point. The last slot indeed came down to a choice between Helgesson and Phaneuf.

On a non-skating note, RIP Elizabeth Taylor. A very sad day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maofan7 View Post
    Worth running again with a wider choice of skaters to vote for
    Where's "Mary Ann Summers"????

vCash
    I still say Miki. Her jumps have just been so huge and consistent this whole season.

vCash
    Yu Na Kim. Nobody in the field has any chance against her if she is even close to clean, especialy now with Worlds not even in Japan anymore. And with surprisingly 3 bad outings at Worlds in 4 years, she is due for a good showing, which can not be challenged by anyone in the field with Mao still not close to her best.

I think silver and bronze will probably go to Japanese women. Even if one of Miki or Mao have an off competition I have a feeling Murakami will step up in that case. I dont trust Kostner or Czisny to deliver at a Worlds. And I dont think Flatt or any of other European women can medal regardless how they perform.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Yu Na Kim. Nobody in the field has any chance against her if she is even close to clean, especialy now with Worlds not even in Japan anymore. And with surprisingly 3 bad outings at Worlds in 4 years, she is due for a good showing, which can not be challenged by anyone in the field with Mao still not close to her best.

I think silver and bronze will probably go to Japanese women. Even if one of Miki or Mao have an off competition I have a feeling Murakami will step up in that case. I dont trust Kostner or Czisny to deliver at a Worlds. And I dont think Flatt or any of other European women can medal regardless how they perform.
    Not even pretty Kiira with her 3-3s and 7 triple FS?
    That is, if she ever manages to deliver in both programs at one competition....

vCash
    I dont know what Kiira's scoring potential is since like you said she has never gone clean. However her best free skate ever was her one in winning her first regular season grand prix this fall, and even that didnt exactly score huge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Not even pretty Kiira with her 3-3s and 7 triple FS?
    That is, if she ever manages to deliver in both programs at one competition....
    Perhaps she should consider using a professional courier.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I dont know what Kiira's scoring potential is since like you said she has never gone clean. However her best free skate ever was her one in winning her first regular season grand prix this fall, and even that didnt exactly score huge.
    True, but it wasn't clean. I guess it's good she plans to do 7 triples though because then if she messes up a couple of them, which she usually does, she's still left with around 5 which will allow her to score pretty well.

Alissa has done very well this season and I'm curious to see if she can keep the momentum going at Worlds. I'd could see her maybe winning silver or bronze here, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see her as far down as like 8th.

vCash
    ok, go... ok, go~!!! from Contact, the Movie.

Another Vote page : And the Oscar Goes to~

http://www.universalsports.com/figur...ing/index.html

Fly, Fly Away~!!!

vCash
    Yuna kim.....Go yuna!

vCash
    coolmoon....
    oh! thanks. Goooooood!

vCash
    Queen Yu-Na!!!

vCash
    If Yuna is in top form she will probably win. I say "probably" not "certainly" because I'm not sure how the judges will score her given that they haven't seen her skate in over a year and because they are not familiar with her new programs.

I think it shows Yuna's courage and commitment to skating that she is coming back to compete for the first time in a year at Worlds no less! Perhaps she is just happy to compete again and is not expecting to necessarily win. Personally, I think she is feeling renewed after a year off from competition and is excited about getting back into it. I hope so, she is such a gift to skating, and I hope she continues to compete through the next Olympics.
    Last edited by jatale; 03-27-2011 at 02:00 AM.

vCash
    I seriously think this year is Miki's year, but if she does falter, then the podium is up for grabs, most likely by Yuna. Mao's consistency at Worlds will help. I think whoever did this poll had a very good guess about who is going to be on the podium. except Phaneuf > Helgesson

I say:
    Miki 1
    Yuna 2
    Mao 3 - 4
    Czisny 3 - 11 (depends on watch Czisny we get. hopefully the good one)
    Murakami 3 - 7
    Kostner 3 - 10
    Flatt 5 - 10
    Korpii 6 - 9
    Phaneuf 6 - 10
    Makarova 9 - 10
    Leonava 9 - 10

But still really really really really really irked about Mirai not making Worlds. I think after both of their subpar performance at nationals. USFSA should have decided their world berths based on their performances at 4CC. She would have been 3 - 8 in my opinion.

vCash
    oh yea the rest of the roster should be like:
    12 Helgesson
    13 Gede....
    14 Kwak Min Jung
    15 Helgesson
    16 Lee
    17 Vannut
    18 Hecken
    19 Samson
    20 McCorkell or Meite

vCash
    Very hard to tell. IMO, it's even harder than the Worlds as previously scheduled.
    I don't know how those girls who trained a lot for March will bear the pressure one month later !
    Maybe Carolina will be able to land a good 3 flip with one more month. And a beautiful 3/3 in the SP !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast