vCash

virtual pc doctor

Today this company phoned me:

virtualpcdoctor.com

They got my husband first and then he turned the phone to me as he's not a techy. Anyway, this person tried to let their tech manipulate my laptop via logmein. They said I had x number of viruses and they were going to fix them for me.

Uh huh. I had had to re-format my computer about 2 weeks ago due to a virus and re-install win7. And then I re-did all my virus software, and have things locked up like a drum. The virus came from hotmail btw.

Anyway, it seems legit, but it's a make work drum up business scam as far as I can see.

Gone crazy. Be back soon.

vCash
    Prolly the same fools who gave you the virus in the first place. I'd call your internet service provider and let them know. They're the only people who can associate your personal phone number with your MAC address. If this was associated with your outbreak, methinks your ISP has a security problem.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pat c View Post
    They got my husband first and then he turned the phone to me as he's not a techy. Anyway, this person tried to let their tech manipulate my laptop via logmein. They said I had x number of viruses and they were going to fix them for me.
    Geez. If they called me I would have asked for that person's bank info; as I could see they had problems there I could fix for them.

Btw, I edited the link to their website in your post so it's not clickable. They don't need hits from us, or ideas of coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    Prolly the same fools who gave you the virus in the first place. I'd call your internet service provider and let them know. They're the only people who can associate your personal phone number with your MAC address. If this was associated with your outbreak, methinks your ISP has a security problem.
    I second that. It's very disturbing to think that some scammers would be able to get your phone number through a virus.

vCash
    Good idea, thanks. I'll let my isp know.

Never thought that anyone would click on the link, but then one never knows.

I did a search for the phone # on 411.ca and 411.com, nothing. I'd post it, but they probably have tons so it wouldn't matter.

vCash
    Also, go into the control panel and open Internet options. Go to advance and then scroll down to security then unclick allowing 3rd party connections. Restart.

Also put the number into google. Should bring up complaints. I would also check your credit cards and bank statements.

vCash
    I didn't let them on my computer, and they really wanted me to use internet explorer which I don't use. But I did the search on google, so here's the number if you want to look it up yourself: