Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

vCash
    continuing -

olyphil Philip Hersh
    With 11 Council members, including himself, Cinquanta said he will vote only to break a tie.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    Plushenko has discussed his reinstatement with Cinquanta before the earthquake in Japan happened.
    They know. They simply got one extra reason to bitch . Have a mercy upon them with all your grace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    If all they want is reinstatement for Plushenko, by all means give it to them. It's not like his knees are going to get any better between now and 2014.
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    I am not either, and I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if the other Russian posters aside from SUN are more than a little bit annoyed at the implications some posters have been throwing around.
    Why should they? Russian posters are generous and give a slack to those who are not. It's not like we should start a philosophical discussion about biting the hand of the giver, or that envy is an oldest human sin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frau Muller View Post

olyphil Philip Hersh
    Ottavio Cinquanta just told me ballot distribution to ISU council underway for vote on 2011 world figs sub host. Expects announcement Fri
    sub host..? *scratches head*

Banned Member
    vCash
    Friday... the boss of Megasport said each day counts. ISU is too slow!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Friday... the boss of Megasport said each day counts. ISU is too slow!
    It really is slow! What are the council members supposed to do during that time? Can't they just send their votes by email and get it over with?

vCash
    I suppose at this stage the discussions may be political rather then logistic.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    Maybe they couldn't find enough sponsors.

I don't read a lot into their not choosing the venue yet, because the new option (Arena Montpellier) is a new venue that was opened in September 2010. It is supposed to be the only French venue better than Bercy. Maybe they had decided to change the venue to Montpellier but were negotiating with the municipality.
    Or sponsors that would be more interested in sponsoring a 2013 worlds
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    sub host..? *scratches head*
    "Sub host" in Phil's tweat means "substitute host", I imagine.

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    I think it's just a gesture of politics on b/o the french as I suspect Japan will still be struggling with their situation next year. And really .. will the ISU take another chance on putting their premier event in a major earthquake zone? so soon after what has happened this year?
    so no major sporting events for California either really many parts of the world are major earthquake zones..

Three mile island (not that long a drive from you) didn't impact the rest of the United States.. did it impact on you? (don't get me wrong I'm not a fan of nuclear power).. .. same for many parts of Japan who remain completely unaffected by this tragedy..(except emotionally of course)

Japan isn't one big earthquake/nuclear zone.. we have students going there next month.. some fsu members live there and some are even on vacation there right now.. it's an awful tragedy but I am sure they will be ready next year to host and how nice for their fans (which are many) to have something to look forward to
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    I can imagine that there is a lot of information attached to the bids that the members will have to assess, along with differing dates. If it was just a case of "Here are the places, pick one" it would be faster.

vCash
    how long does it take to count 11 votes anyway?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4rkidz View Post
    so no major sporting events for California either really many parts of the world are major earthquake zones..

Three mile island (not that long a drive from you) didn't impact the rest of the United States.. did it impact on you? (don't get me wrong I'm not a fan of nuclear power).. .. same for many parts of Japan who remain completely unaffected by this tragedy..(except emotionally of course)

Japan isn't one big earthquake/nuclear zone.. we have students going there next month.. some fsu members live there and some are even on vacation there right now.. it's an awful tragedy but I am sure they will be ready next year to host and how nice for their fans (which are many) to have something to look forward to
    Japan is far worse then 3 mile island - and perhaps the ISU should take into consideration earthquake zones when planning for the next worlds in the coming years including California.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriajh View Post
    U-no....Du-e...Trrrrrrrre

Maybe it's taking $peedy some time to count what's in the briefcase. Or maybe he's just having a hard time trying to figure out how to make the smoke come out of the chimney, as in:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUvefcGPoZA
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Japan is far worse then 3 mile island - and perhaps the ISU should take into consideration earthquake zones when planning for the next worlds in the coming years including California.
    Uh... Natural disasters can happen anywhere in world at any given moment. Everyone is subject to mother nature and beyond that there are things like social unrest, wars, terrorists attacks etc. If that's the case, then maybe we should cancel all competitions and stay home on our couches living in fear thinking about what comes next. Uh no.

San Jose 2012 here I come and I also hope to one day fulfill my dream of visiting Japan.

vCash
    perhaps the ISU should take into consideration earthquake zones when planning for the next worlds in the coming years including California.
    By the way, there was an earthquake in Moscow in 1977.

It's not that 9.0 earthquakes happen every day or even every year, and there are too many seismic active zones in the world. And even if we exclude them, there is still no guarantee that everything will go accordind to plan - there are too many things to consider, from sudden economic crisises to natural disasters or roof over the rink falling down at the last moment.
    It's impossible to predict and prevent everything.

vCash
    They likely have to read through all the logistics and proposals .. and there are different time zones?

vCash
    Announced today France has offered worlds 2012 to Japan

http://ap.thecabin.net/pstories/spor...04209043.shtml

vCash
    OK, but does this mean France won't want 2013 Worlds in exchange which Canada has definitely (and very fairly) ruled out?

vCash
    I doubt it means Didier has given up on the idea of grabbing 2013 This is their formal offer. He has already let it be known in the press (and likely behind the scenes to the powers that be in the ISU ) how he thinks such altruism should be rewarded..nudge,nudge..wink,wink..know what I mean ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriajh View Post

At least three days, it seems.

Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast