Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    *Stay Gold, Pony Boy*
    Noooooo.....he can go to the finals, but that little rat terrier Karina cannot beat Maks. Go Kirstie
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    The reports are that she was slapping and striking him as he was driving after seeing texts on his phone from another woman. But that he did not have any serious injuries. And given their sizes and strength, that's understandable. As I said, I don't think what he did was okay at all. But she did strike him repeatedly as well. It's also been mentioned that he comes from an abusive homelife. Not everyone from that kind of life, but for many (apparently including Chris), that leads to reacting to violence with violence. Once again, I'm not saying he did the right thing or anything - he didn't. It's never okay to beat a woman. But it's also not okay for a woman to attack a man.

And I get the frustration because of trying to put things that happened in the past and move on. She isn't talking about it all the time - why should she be allowed to try to move on but not him? No, what he did isn't okay, but he is allowed to try to focus on more positive aspects of his life. I do think he took it too far today, but I can understand not wanting to discuss it.
    There are ways a mature individual handles those questions. That isn't the way he chose to handle those questions.

vCash
    Do you know when the media will allow Chris Brown to move on? When he willingly and respectfully answers every question and stops acting like he's a boiling pot that could blow again any moment. Once he shows he's moved on -- sulking and obnoxiously refusing to talk about it isn't moving on -- then perhaps the media will move on.

Charles Dutton served time in prison for manslaughter. He never refused to speak about it. Perhaps that's why no one ever asks. He's shown his character every day of his life as an actor.
    Last edited by pixie cut; 03-23-2011 at 03:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    Do you know when the media will allow Chris Brown to move on? When he willingly and respectfully answers every question and stops acting like he's a boiling pot that could blow again any moment. Once he shows he's moved on -- sulking and obnoxiously refusing to talk about it isn't moving on -- then perhaps the media will move on.

Charles Dutton served time in prison for manslaughter. He never refused to speak about it. Perhaps that's why no one ever asks. He's shown his character every day of his life as an actor.
    If he is not willing or able to answer the questions about his actions, then he needs to first look within himself to figure out what he is ashamed of or afraid of revealing.

We have heard her side of the story, but other than his excuses, we have not heard his. He has a choice. He can make a statement once and for all in an interview or he can refuse to do so. Dealing with the media is a a two way street. He wants reporters and outlets to promote his latest musical endeavors. They will, but he has to give in return. Unless you are talking to trade publications, morning show anchors/reporters are going to give you a customary question or two about your latest work and the rest of the questions will be about your personal life. Media trainers would tell him to do a better job of bridging and blocking.

Question: "What have you done to make sure you don't act out against a woman again?"

Answer: "I realized from the incident that I am not always in total control of my emotions. I'm trying to find healthier outlets for them now, including dedicating my energy to my music. An example of that is my latest song..."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtisticFan View Post
    Question: "What have you done to make sure you don't act out against a woman again?"

Answer: "I realized from the incident that I am not always in total control of my emotions. I'm trying to find healthier outlets for them now, including dedicating my energy to my music. An example of that is my latest song..."
    Damn, you're good!!! CB needs to hire you immediately. Will you accept $1000 and hour plus personal injury insurance?
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtisticFan View Post

If only that were true. His seeming inability to accept responsibility for his actions and his desire to put it in the past is a constant reminder that it's very much in the present. I know he's a kid, but he needs to grow up, examine why he did what he did and take ownership of it. Until he does that, the beautiful answer you wrote is simply the words of others potentially put into his mouth.

vCash
    My very belated contribution to the DWTS/Chris Brown thread:

I missed nearly the entire show -- came home in time to see "radio guy" who was rather bad and Kirstie & Max, who were rather great! I will admit that I was rather afraid that Kirstie might be a train wreck either in the rehearsal clips or in performance, but was very happy to see that she really could dance. From the recap highlight clips at the end of the show, I saw that Ralph and Hines seemed to do well, and Wendy Williams and the wrestler did not. Next week I will try to get home in time to see the entire show. I didn't reallze that she was the "old gal" this season (60? ), but Go Kirstie! I hope she continues to do well.

The Chris Brown debates can now continue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan5 View Post
    From the recap highlight clips at the end of the show, I saw that Ralph and Hines seemed to do well, and Wendy Williams and the wrestler did not. Next week I will try to get home in time to see the entire show. I didn't reallze that she was the "old gal" this season (60? ), but Go Kirstie! I hope she continues to do well.

The Chris Brown debates can now continue.
    I thought Chris Jericho, the wrestler guy, danced with gusto and personality. Wendy Williams was a total dud. I wanted to say, lots of people wear wigs on DWTS. Stop looking worried yours will fall off. She was literally frozen.

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    It seems that they are considering it already:

http://www.popeater.com/2011/03/22/c...n-GMA-violent/
    good.. he has major anger management issue! He's only out on the circuit to plug his album He should have a big warning side on his head for women to stay away

Now back to DWTS... I was so impressed with Kirstie that I'm actually looking forward to watching this show and usually I just flick about
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4rkidz View Post
    good.. he has major anger management issue! He's only out on the circuit to plug his album He should have a big warning side on his head for women to stay away
    Admittedly he wouldn't be the first musician who has problems with anger management, especially around women. But the tipping point for me is that his music is so generic and characterless. I wish he would disappear from the public eye for that alone, that he really isn't all that talented.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Petra was lovely. She looked beautiful and classy (unlike Kendra, who's pretty in her own way but kinda trashy at the same time ). I hope she and Dimitri stay for a while.

DJ dude was awful. Are some people really incapable of fluid movement or was he simply nervous and self-conscious?

Ralph was ok. I wasn't overblown by his performance. Reminded me of a poor man Evan Lysacek.

Jericho was funny too watch. Kudos to him for going all out for it though.

This could be Mak's season to win. Kristi was great in her dancing. She's not yet annoying with her comedy ... but there's still time.

Disney girl was pleasant but forgettable.

Kendra tried too hard. I think Louis gave her too much choreography. He should've ease up on it for the fist time out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Almost totally forgettable, and it will be her downfall. I don't think she'll last very long, but isn't that usually the way with Disney girls?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyCharm View Post
    Almost totally forgettable, and it will be her downfall. I don't think she'll last very long, but isn't that usually the way with Disney girls?
    What Disney girls have there been before? Or is that a broad statement, not specifically referring to DWTS?

The Disney boys have done well.

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    What Disney girls have there been before? Or is that a broad statement, not specifically referring to DWTS?

The Disney boys have done well.
    Monique Colemen and Sabrina Bryan, the latter of which was one of the biggest shocking eliminations they've had over the years.

I really liked Chelsea, I didn't find her forgettable at all.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    Kirstie is 60?!! Looks fantastic - everyone should be such a butt of jokes. Looking forward to her getting into shape

... judging by that clip of her self-effacing humor and charm ( "if I had to haul ass, it would take two trips") and her performance (isn't hers one of DWTS's best first-week performances?), Kirstie seems like she should be around a while to do that.

Radio guy was also pretty self-effacingi: Said on my LA morning drive show that he fully expects to be offed first, because he was really bad and because he's the "least 'star' star" the show has ever casted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post

Kendra tried too hard. I think Louis gave her too much choreography. He should've ease up on it for the fist time out.
    Chelsea was also up first in the show. Two-hours is a long time for a viewer to remember every single dancer. That is one of the reasons they tend to switch the dancers order each week. I'm not ready to write her off as forgettable yet. She held her own and stayed toward the middle of the pack. Unless you're really stellar, that's the best you can do going first.

Kendra has some natural ability and should do better if she stays. Louis is a bit notorious for giving his partners too much choreography. He did that with Monique Coleman and the poor girl struggled at times to keep up. I'm hoping he doesn't keep that pace up with Kendra, as she can certainly do better than she did but not if she gets frustrated with his expectations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AYS View Post
    Monique Colemen and Sabrina Bryan, the latter of which was one of the biggest shocking eliminations they've had over the years.

I really liked Chelsea, I didn't find her forgettable at all.
    Ah yes, Monique from High School Musical. She did well. Final four. Totally fair.

I just think of Sabrina Bryan as Cheetah Girl. I forget it was a Disney show. Yes, a shocking elimination, but in watching her clips since then, she really didn't dance with much finesse. She kind of plowed through everything.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    ABC is repeating Monday's episode tonight (Sat.) at 8pm EDT.

Kirstie said on the Tonight Show she and Max will dance

Spoiler

on Monday.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Apparently George Lopez commented that Kirstie looked like a pig and made several fat jokes. He then offered to apologise when the feedback wasn't amused. She tweeted that she didn't want or need his apology but on behalf of women everywhere she'd take back that kidney his ex wife gave him. He divorced her a few years after he got the kidney. Rock on Kirstie.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post
    ABC is repeating Monday's episode tonight (Sat.) at 8pm EDT.

Kirstie said on the Tonight Show she and Max will dance

Spoiler

on Monday.
    It's not a spoiler. Everyone who did the cha cha is doing the quickstep and everyone who did the foxtrot is doing the jive.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast