vCash

Yu Na Kim sues former agent for failure to pay endorsement fees

vCash
    Didn't she have problems with IMG also? I think it's time for Yuna to send her mom home and move on.

vCash
    "We're willing to return whatever she's due but we also need to get our share," Yonhap news agency quoted an IB Sports official as saying.
    So IB admitted in the above quote that it didn't pay Kim all the money that she earned while represented by them?

I think it's time for Yuna to send her mom home and move on.
    This doesn't sound like it has anything to do with her mom's management. It sounds like after Kim severed her tie with IB, IB continued to collect money from a sponser that she had endorsed while under IB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    So IB admitted in the above quote that it didn't pay Kim all the money that she earned while represented by them?

This doesn't sound like it has anything to do with her mom's management. It sounds like after Kim severed her tie with IB, IB continued to collect money from a sponser that she had endorsed while under IB.
    Correct on both counts. The suit has been on-going since November.

vCash
    I saw that this morning and I'm also a bit worried about the people behind the skater. She's had two major issues with the coaching change this year and now this. I wonder if she'll stick around amateur skating for much longer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post

I understood the article as so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    Didn't she have problems with IMG also? I think it's time for Yuna to send her mom home and move on.
    The problem was on cancelling a management contract and IMG lost the case both at the first trial and second in the court of appeals.
    It's all over now because IMG exceeded the period to appeal again.

"We're willing to return whatever she's due but we also need to get our share," Yonhap news agency quoted an IB Sports official as saying.
    This time, former management, IB Sports, is making unfair profits from its one of the most devoted customer.
    Last edited by RunnersHigh; 03-22-2011 at 08:42 AM.
    This too will pass away.

vCash
    I thgought there was more to her split with IB than that. I read that one of the IB executives joined AT Sports in violation of their contract with IB and that IB tried to sue. Granted a lot of people in sales/marketing go to work for competitors in spite of non-competition clauses in their employment agreements, but Yuna's management seems to be burning a lot of bridges behind them in the skating world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aliceanne View Post
    I thgought there was more to her split with IB than that. I read that one of the IB executives joined AT Sports in violation of their contract with IB and that IB tried to sue. Granted a lot of people in sales/marketing go to work for competitors in spite of non-competition clauses in their employment agreements, but Yuna's management seems to be burning a lot of bridges behind them in the skating world.
    AFAIK, that kind of contract is not supported by the Korean law.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    I saw that this morning and I'm also a bit worried about the people behind the skater. She's had two major issues with the coaching change this year and now this. I wonder if she'll stick around amateur skating for much longer.
    No need to worry any more. Yuna set up her own agency and no longer is associated with those people. She is happy now, training in a comfortable environment, and recently stated that she will be skating even after 10 years from now.

vCash
    RumbleFish Thank you for confirming her happiness. On a scale of 1 -100 how happy is she?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John Q View Post
    RumbleFish Thank you for confirming her happiness. On a scale of 1 -100 how happy is she?

vCash
    lol

vCash

good one!

vCash
    Haha I rely on media reports and from what I've read, she seems pretty darn happy, and I hope no one takes it as a slap in the face.

To give a better answer to your question about the scale, I'll need a reference point. You could tell me your own criteria and self-evaluation perhaps?
    Last edited by RumbleFish; 03-23-2011 at 04:14 AM.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    OK, here's a reference point: 1=deepest misery imaginable as in Asada, Ando and a Russian baby beating Kim and Kim's off the podium. 100=perfect happiness as in 3 OGMs in a row.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Lots of face slappin' references in this thread!
    There is nothing more captivating in this world than a woman's form gracing the ice in skating boots. It's simply sensational!