Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    Jaime wimped out big time. I'm not sorry to see the two of them go, even though it hurts me in the Suicide game. I did not like them at all.

I am however thrilled to see Jet and Cord kick butt! I like them and the Trotters (who were just in my neck of the woods over the weekend; by all reports Big Easy is a great guy in person!). Kent certainly seemed whiny this leg. And now that Gary and Mallory have given up the Express Pass, I wonder how long they can survive.
    I'd rather be thought of as absolutely ridiculous than as absolutely boring.

Demon Barber
    vCash
    Loved the impromptu bball game w/ the cheerleaders. Fun.

The "dating Goths" (still? really?) had to have had the worst leg in TAR history and yet are still alive.

Loved the skeleton challenge.

vCash
    This was a great leg--had me on pins and needles the entire show! And I am so glad the Redheads are out! Finally!!! Cara isn't so bad, but Jaime is just a sore loser, a whiner, and a complete pain in the ass.

I didn't know that Margie had a grandson. Did I miss something? I always thought that Luke was an only child....someone fill me in.

I would have cried if I had had to do that dinosaur task. It looked hard. And, I could see being tired if you had done the solar task first and then had to do that one.

I don't know who I am going to pick next in the suicide game. Everybody's bunched up, seems like, so this next leg could go to anybody. If I keep following the preview pattern, Margie & Luke would be the obvious choice. But, that feels ominous. I'm going to have to come up with a new plan.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Loved Jaime at the mat: I knew we were gone but I think Cara really wanted me to finish the task Cara: YES. I. DID.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Outstanding episode! A definite Emmy contender.

Loved it:

Actually challenging challenges ... brain teasers with some physicality needed, and a reward for those who were methodical and careful.

Jet & Cord winning that leg due to Jet's rocking a (sorta) puzzle challenge, a huge difference from his hopelessness in the 1st episode puzzle challenge.

Liked it:

The Trotters running an entire leg without following, copying, or getting advice from fellow racers. In fact, they may have been the only lone wolf team this leg. The big boys ran well, even though their droning on about the "double U-Turn, baby!" was a bit tiresome.

The sisters' consistency is VERY impressive. Seems that they rarely fail at directions or challenges; it will probably take bad luck to get them out before finals. I'm hoping they are IN the finals, though.

Didn't enjoy it:

Get out of China, already! In fact, get out of Asia, already. Recent seasons just linger on this continent. The Americas wuzrobbed! I want more Brazilian, Argentine, and Venezuelian . And ... why doesn't TAR (US) visit Canada?

The 7 hours bunching after the "extended leg" pitstop. As opposed to the opening leg EL, which bunched the teams but did not completely equalize, this EL made the first half completely meaningless. K&V had a good leg, and their U-turning of the Reds was smart. But, they should've had a far more impacting deficit to make up. I'm not as enamored by this pair as some of you. K&V are too whiney, and they're a lie. They are neither "dating" (he's gayer than Richard Simmons*) nor are they "goths" (goths don't wear cute little hoodies with puppy ear cutouts, nor sparkly pants).

*In fairness, I'm thinking the "dating" subtitle, as well as not mentioning Luke's sexuality this time around (nor Kisha's?) is CBS's mechanism to package them for family hour santitation purposes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    :The sisters' consistency is VERY impressive. Seems that they rarely fail at directions or challenges; it will probably take bad luck to get them out before finals. I'm hoping they are IN the finals, though.
    They seem to be flying under the radar this time. Hmmm.... Makes me wish I hadn't picked them so early on in the Suicide game.

*In fairness, I'm thinking the "dating" subtitle, as well as not mentioning Luke's sexuality this time around (nor Kisha's?) is CBS's mechanism to package them for family hour santitation purposes.
    Which I don't understand, because they've had married/dating gay couples in the past.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Johnston View Post
    Which I don't understand, because they've had married/dating gay couples in the past.
    I just went back and checked, while they've had gay individuals on seasons (the brothers in season 15, Luke, Kisha, one of the brothers that won season 16) the only openly-dating gay couples that have been cast on the show since the first All-Star season have been Kate & Pat (who went out early in season 12) and Carol & Brandy from season 16. All-Stars had the Guidos and Oswald & Danny, although I don't think the latter were dating, at least during the time of filming. Excluding these returnees, you'd have to go all the way back to season 10's Tom & Terry for a gay male couple to be cast on the show. It's quite unfortunately, IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Johnston View Post
    Niether Kisha nor Luke is dating their partner, so it isn't as likely to come up. I wasn't aware that Kynt had come out and told people that he and Vyxin aren't really dating. Did that really happen? Last time around in interviews they definitely talked as if they were a couple.

vCash
    Last night 3 hours after AR ended I was watching HGTV's "House Hunters" & who should be house hunting? Mama Marion Paolo who was helping younger son, Brian, look for a condo in St. Louis for him to buy. He is now 21, college graduate & a very good looking young man. Towards the end of the show Dad Tony appeared but no older bro. DJ. (Family AR #8)

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    The Trotters running an entire leg without following, copying, or getting advice from fellow racers. In fact, they may have been the only lone wolf team this leg. The big boys ran well, even though their droning on about the "double U-Turn, baby!" was a bit tiresome.
    Yeah, but that was still pretty awesome for them to make up time the way they did.

What is with all the helping and telling and sharing this time? I don't remember ever seeing anything quite like it. It's like The Congenial Race.

The sisters' consistency is VERY impressive. Seems that they rarely fail at directions or challenges; it will probably take bad luck to get them out before finals. I'm hoping they are IN the finals, though.
    They are pretty awesome; they were last time, too, bathroom break and all. Very calm and methodical.

Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    Niether Kisha nor Luke is dating their partner, so it isn't as likely to come up.
    It did with the Little Brothers, quite a bit, although I think that was kind of part of their brother-conflict story line, such as it was.

I think TAR likes fairly simple labels for their pairs, and Dating Couple is just easier than "Friends With Interesting Personas." Um, Eric and Danielle, anyone? Although they were more like "Good Racer with Obnoxious Personality and Blonde with Large Breasts," which doesn't fit particularly well on the screen.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Um, Eric and Danielle, anyone? Although they were more like "Good Racer with Obnoxious Personality and Blonde with Large Breasts," which doesn't fit particularly well on the screen.

This just in: Bash basketball all you want, but just "not" last night's basketball/NCAA tournament. The March Madness lead-in and the nice amount of promos during those games resulted in Amazing Race winning its timeslot outright for the first time this season ... with an increase of about 1 million viewers over prior weeks!
    Last edited by Beefcake; 03-21-2011 at 08:29 PM.

vCash
    Merrywidow mentioned THAT season.

vCash
    we now have to burn this thread and salt it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    Last night 3 hours after AR ended I was watching HGTV's "House Hunters" & who should be house hunting? Mama Marion Paolo who was helping younger son, Brian, look for a condo in St. Louis for him to buy. He is now 21, college graduate & a very good looking young man. Towards the end of the show Dad Tony appeared but no older bro. DJ. (Family AR #8)

I love Mama Paolo! She said my favorite thing ever on this show after "My Ox is broken" when she yelled at Phil "But I wanted to go to New Zealand" when he handed the family a clue that said "go to Arizona" or somewhere in the US during THAT season that must not be mentioned.

I'll have to look for a rerun on that House Hunters.

vCash
    PL and jamesy. Actually, nobody's mentioned THAT season by name. (Yet )

la la la la la Could it be some other season being referenced? Amazing Race Malta, for instance? Of course it could. la la la la la

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Actually, nobody's mentioned THAT season by name.
    Ahem

Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow View Post
    (Family AR #8)
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Oh. The widow snuck it in there just past my male attention span's expiration point.

Speaking of widows, wasn't there a simply delightful one on THAT season?

Prick Admin
    vCash
    that JaiME is gone!
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Speaking of widows, wasn't there a simply delightful one on THAT season?

Ouch. That's for making me remember that.

vCash
    This thread is now possessed by

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast