vCash

France Grand Prix ticket costs?

Does anyone who attended last year remember approximately how much tickets were? I can't find any info on tickets for this year yet. Just doing some preliminary planning and dreaming...haha.

vCash
    The prices for last year can be found on the website here.

Friday (all SP) :

One price (no seat number) : 11,50 €
    Children younger than 12 : 5,50 €

Saturday (all FS) :

Gold : 61 €
    1st cat : 48,50 €
    2nd cat : 36,50 €
    3rd cat : 16,50 €

Sunday (Gala) :
    Gold : 85 €
    1st cat : 63 €
    2nd cat : 51 €
    3rd cat : 21,50 €

vCash
    would have to look back, but my guess is for Sat. it's the quoted price for two categories only, so you have the consider the cost twice. There is an interruption between the afternoon and the evening sessions : the rink is emptied so ushers can check new tickets.

vCash
    Yes, I think you're right. I do think I remember 2 yrs ago paying for 2 sessions. Thanks for the info.

vCash
    Yes, that's for one session so for both it's the double amount.

vCash
    the one year I went it was so poorly attended that they moved everyone down to the gold circle just so the tv cameras wouldn't catch a mostly empty house, so I'd hesitate before shelling out for top tickets. You could buy 3rd cat and still end up in a gold seat anyway.

vCash
    Thank you for your clarifications but it seems that I can't edit my post
    This should be right :

Saturday (All FS) :

Gold : 61 € *2 = 122 €
    1st cat : 48,50 € *2 = 97 €
    2nd cat : 36,50 € *2 = 73 €
    3rd cat : 16,50 € *2 = 33 €
    Children younger than 12 : 5,50 € *2 = 11 €

the one year I went it was so poorly attended that they moved everyone down to the gold circle just so the tv cameras wouldn't catch a mostly empty house, so I'd hesitate before shelling out for top tickets. You could buy 3rd cat and still end up in a gold seat anyway.
    When was it? I looked at a couple of videos from last year (for example V&M OD, in the end there is a full view of the rink) and indeed it seems that everyone was moved to the middle because there are big holes especially on Friday.

I have a question : Is this offer only for students of a Parisian school or any French school?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertango View Post
    I looked at a couple of videos from last year (for example V&M OD, in the end there is a full view of the rink) and indeed it seems that everyone was moved to the middle because there are big holes especially on Friday.
    On Friday there are no zones, the price is the same everywhere as explained in the above posts. The attendance is very low. If you look at the beginning of the video you have posted, only the left-hand side of the arena is open to the public on Friday. The right-hand side (the judges' side) is only open to accredited people.

OTOH for the Saturday sessions (long programs and free dance) the good seats are usually sold or distributed via the sponsors. berthesghost, I understand that you have had a different experience, but I wouldn't count on that happening every year. However the "gold category" includes a small number of seats, so some of the best seats are in 1st category. For those who are on a tight budget, the price difference may not be worth the difference in the seats.

I have a question : Is this offer only for students of a Parisian school or any French school?
    The form attached to that page is for 2010 and a university is specified. I don't know what will happen this year, but it usually looks like groups of students or pupils are brought in by their schools and leave all together (to the relief of everyone present. )

If you can remind me of this when the tickets go on sale, I'll phone them and ask, Libertango.
    Last edited by Asli; 03-21-2011 at 03:12 PM.

vCash
    OTOH for the Saturday sessions (long programs and free dance) the good seats are usually sold or distributed via the sponsors. berthesghost, I understand that you have had a different experience, but I wouldn't count on that happening every year. However the "gold category" includes a small number of seats, so some of the best seats are in 1st category. For those who are on a tight budget, the price difference may not be worth the difference in the seats.
    I'm seriously considering going to TEB this year and I'm on tight budget as you might have guess. From what I've seen on this plan of bercy the 3rd cat seems really far away! There's a 40 Euros difference between the 3rd Cat and the 2nd Cat. Do you think there a good chance to be moved to 2nd Cat seats aven if I buy 3rd Cat seats?
    The form attached to that page is for 2010 and a university is specified. I don't know what will happen this year, but it usually looks like groups of students or pupils are brought in by their schools and leave all together (to the relief of everyone present. )

Here
    it says that all forms have to be sent to Paris-Sorbonne but "All students from Parisian Grande Ecoles & University are invited". So only for Parisians I guess, it doesn't work for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertango View Post

Here
    it says that all forms have to be sent to Paris-Sorbonne but "All students from Parisian Grande Ecoles & University are invited". So only for Parisians I guess, it doesn't work for me.
    Yes. I can't believe that they allow any Parisian student to watch even the practice sessions Friday morning while fans who have travelled to Paris for TEB and bought tickets are not allowed to watch the practice!

vCash
    I went in 2002. Friday was definitely dead as people work, school etc... and we were all on one side as described above. Sat was naturally better attended but the arena was only half full as shown in the vids. I think skating is even less popular now. That year France had a contender in 3 of the 4 comps, plus tons of people were there to see Sasha who was at her new-to-TT popularity peak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    I went in 2002. Friday was definitely dead as people work, school etc... and we were all on one side as described above. Sat was naturally better attended but the arena was only half full as shown in the vids. I think skating is even less popular now. That year France had a contender in 3 of the 4 comps, plus tons of people were there to see Sasha who was at her new-to-TT popularity peak.
    After the 2002 Olympics TEB suffered from Anissina/Peizerat's retirement. Many fans from across Europe and even from the US were travelling to see . DelSchoes and Pechalat/Bourzat never had a fan base like that unfortunately. Brian has been the main attraction for many years, unfortunately he is jinxed almost every time he competes in the French GP.

As for tons of people being there for Sasha, maybe many fans had travelled from abroad but I'm sure most of the local audience didn't so much as know Sasha's name before coming there, let alone being aware that she was with TAT. None of the US ladies have been big stars in France.

I'm not sure if skating is more or less popular compared to 2002 across France, but the Saturday sessions of TEB are fuller now compared to the early post-A/P years. Actually the TEB Saturday sessions are even fuller than most sessions of the European Championships in Paris in 1997. Maybe they have started marketing a bit better.

vCash
    I went this season and the Saturday men/pairs segment was definitely well attended; I didn't get tickets for ladies and dance, but I suspect that for dance the audience might have been a bit more sparse. I wouldn't get cat 3 and count on moving into a better seat; it might work, but if you can't move, it seems a shame to save 20E at most and end up in a bad seat. Having been in the gold section on Friday, I don't think it justifies the extra cost compared to category 1.

A word of advice re Friday - the FFSG invites school children to fill up the seats in the afternoon. A lot of children. When I was there they seemed pretty well behaved (for kids) but I would advise getting to Bercy before they do, because they only open one side for general admission on Friday and as others have pointed out, it's first come, first served. IIRC, the kids don't stay beyond late afternoon. Other than that, Friday is a really good deal - very cheap tickets, so if you manage to get a good seat, it's excellent value for money.

Fearless Musher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    Actually the TEB Saturday sessions are even fuller than most sessions of the European Championships in Paris in 1997. Maybe they have started marketing a bit better.
    Last year was particularly impressive. I hadn't seen such an audience for at least 5 or 6 years.
    "I missed the view and viewed the mist..." ©

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    Last year was particularly impressive. I hadn't seen such an audience for at least 5 or 6 years.
    I agree, but with 5 € tickets for clubs, I don't know if it was that profitable.

vCash
    [QUOTE=Libertango;3117908]I'm seriously considering going to TEB this year and I'm on tight budget as you might have guess. From what I've seen on this plan of bercy the 3rd cat seems really far away! There's a 40 Euros difference between the 3rd Cat and the 2nd Cat. Do you think there a good chance to be moved to 2nd Cat seats aven if I buy 3rd Cat seats?

not sure at all, 3rd cat are 'above', seats are reached with different stairs.
    Cat 2 and Cat 1 are in the same section.

vCash
    And they check tickets every time you enter the doors. So if there isn't any way on the inside to sneak down from the balcony (cat 3) to the other sections it's gonna be hard. Since I never been seated in the balcony, I really haven't checked out the arena for this purpose.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    sorry for the dumb question, but does this mean there are no all-event tickets?
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    does this mean there are no all-event tickets?
    That's right.