Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

vCash
    I can confirm that Yasa and Yuri are staying put in Ann Arbor. Students there are making their fall college plans, and talked to them prior to making their commitments.

Teaching a seminar is not the same thing as relocating.

I don't want to see any potential teams that form this year to shy away from Ann Arbor thinking the program may leave. For our part, we just got a partner's visa in order in the fall to skate in Ann Arbor, so it would be a big hardship to alter that visa to go elsewhere.

vCash
    I think it's always detrimental when skaters don't know the future of their coaches. The seminar at WA is for FREE to WA and Broadmoor SC skaters. It's only a two hour seminar, so it is odd, at best, that Yasa and Yuri would be giving a FREE seminar in Colorado if they aren't looking at it for a potential relocation. There are coaches here who have contacted them and asked them directly what their plans are. They are not giving an answer one way or another. WA is clearly hoping that Yasa and Yuri will make the move to Colorado. Management has made the bold move of removing the two international dance coaches, that have been supporting the WA, in an attempt to clear the way for other dance coaches. The management has put a lot on the line by not supporting the coaches and dancers that have been there for years to not have something else lined up. All this could easily be put to rest by WA, in conjunction with Yuri and Yasa, making a definitive statement that Yuri and Yasa will not be moving to the Springs. Both parties are choosing not to do that, so the question seems to be a fair one.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    So I guess you believe that posting anonymously here at FSU will clear things up to your satisfaction?

vCash
    I don't think this is about me and my satisfaction. Skaters and famiies make huge sacrifices to skate with particular coaches and facilities. I think it is rather irresponsible for anyone, be it management or coaches, to not be forthright with their clientele. My anonymity seems rather insignificant in comparison to the questions that the skaters both in CO and MI are left with in this situation. Skaters should be first priority in situations like this. JMHO

vCash
    Can anyone give more specifics about the dance coaches they have asked to leave. Who are they, were are they going etc
    Marci

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wildfire View Post
    My anonymity seems rather insignificant in comparison to the questions that the skaters both in CO and MI are left with in this situation.
    According to MacombSk8rMom, it sounds like the skaters in MI are pretty clear on Yuri/Yasa's status. It sounds like it's WA rink mgmt you should be focusing on, not Yuri/Yasa.

vCash
    The coaches no longer at WA are Patti Gottwein and Tiffany Dombeck. It seems that these coaches are planning on staying in Colorado Springs. Colorado College is working with the ice dance community in the Springs with the goal of bringing a high quality environment to all. This is something that hasn't been the case at WA because of the shared use of the dancers with the pair program. At Colorado College the dancers will have a much better ice situation than WA is willing to provide.

vCash
    So Yuri and Yasa are coaching in Colorado Springs today. Hopefully skaters will find out what their plans are now that everyone can talk face to face.

vCash
    The coaches no longer at WA are Patti Gottwein and Tiffany Dombeck. It seems that these coaches are planning on staying in Colorado Springs. Colorado College is working with the ice dance community in the Springs with the goal of bringing a high quality environment to all. This is something that hasn't been the case at WA because of the shared use of the dancers with the pair program. At Colorado College the dancers will have a much better ice situation than WA is willing to provide.
    The dancers have had a lot of ice time at WA. My last summer schedule shows 4 dance sessions (45 min each) in the morning, 1 dance session in the afternoon, and 3 dance/pair sessions in the afternoon (which few pair teams use). The dancers get more sessions than the pair teams. IMO the problem with these two coaches is their lack of ability to get along and openly feuding on the ice. The dancers may get more ice time at Colorado College, but the facility has far less to offer than WA.

vCash
    Yes the dancers have wonderful icetime at WA. They get get the 6:00am start time with four sessions in a row. Apparently pairs can't skate early mornings so the dancers are the sacrificial ones to take the time. All sessions at WA are available for the pairs to use after 8:25. The pair skaters are told by their coach that they are not to move for the dancers which breeds contempt for eachother. Management is clueless about skating and is not capable much less willing to deal with any of this. Dance is absolutely lowest priority in that rink.

vCash

vCash
    So it's been well over a week since Yasa and Yuri were in Colorado Springs. Did anyone in Colorado talk with them and find out what their intent was? Can someone confirm that they are moving?

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    So it's been well over a week since Yasa and Yuri were in Colorado Springs. Did anyone in Colorado talk with them and find out what their intent was? Can someone confirm that they are moving?
    You might want to get your vision - or comprehension / selective reasoning skills - checked:

Quote Originally Posted by MacombSk8rMom View Post
    I can confirm that Yasa and Yuri are staying put in Ann Arbor. Students there are making their fall college plans, and talked to them prior to making their commitments.

Teaching a seminar is not the same thing as relocating.

I don't want to see any potential teams that form this year to shy away from Ann Arbor thinking the program may leave. For our part, we just got a partner's visa in order in the fall to skate in Ann Arbor, so it would be a big hardship to alter that visa to go elsewhere.

vCash
    I'm sorry, I guess I left out some information that you probably needed. While Yasa and Yuri were in Colorado Springs for thier seminar they went out looking for homes, so I guess that's why many are still asking this question.

Watch me move
    vCash
    I'm sorry, I guess I left out some information that you probably needed. While Yasa and Yuri were in Colorado Springs for thier seminar they went out looking for homes, so I guess that's why many are still asking this question.
    The only person who seems to be asking about this is you.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Looking *AT* and looking *FOR* are two different things. But if they do move to COS, there will be some major crow eating here.

vCash
    Being excited about some potiential changes in the dance hubs around the counrty is a bad thing? Maybe discussing Obama's birth certificate would be more interesting to you.

Watch me move
    vCash
    Being excited about some potiential changes in the dance hubs around the counrty is a bad thing? Maybe discussing Obama's birth certificate would be more interesting to you.
    There's a difference between "being excited" and tossing around unsourced rumours. And, yes, it is a bad thing to anonymously post unsourced rumours under the guise of "has anybody heard about this???" - and then, when no one bites, to follow up with further unsourced "information".

To be honest, your posts read like you have some agenda that has very little to do with promoting discussion of US ice dance.
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    The only agenda I have is trying to find out where Yuri and Yasa are planning on coaching. Here are some factual items. WA is looking for new dance coaches to bring to their facility.

1.This has been stated by management to many of it's customers in an open forum meeting.
    2. Yasa and Yuri were brought in to do a Seminar at the WA.
    3. At this seminar they were asked, by parents of skaters participating, if they were relocating. The answer given was that Yuri's fiancé was in medical school and that finding a way for her to do her residency in Colorado was an obstacle.
    4. Yasa was specifically asked by coaches in Colorado, specifically Tiffany and Patti, and she opted to not give an answer.
    5. A BSC board member drove Yuri, his fiance, and Yasa around to look FOR houses when they were in Colorado Springs.

I don't see how the posts I've made is spreading rumors. There are significant facts that maje the question a logical one. I have no idea why this is so sensitive to some of you. It's not my intent to do any ine harm in any way. I guess I don't get it?
    Last edited by wildfire; 04-20-2011 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Typo

vCash
    The only agenda I have is trying to find out where Yuri and Yasa are planning on coaching. Here are some factual items. WA is looking for new dance coaches to bring to their facility.

1.This has been stated by management to many of it's customers in an open forum meeting.
    2. Yasa and Yuri were brought in to do a Seminar at the WA.
    3. At this seminar they were asked, by parents of skaters participating, if they were relocating. The answer given was that Yuri's fiancé was in medical school and that finding a way for her to do her residency in Colorado was an obstacle.
    4. Yasa was specifically asked by coaches in Colorado, specifically Tiffany and Patti, and she opted to not give an answer.
    5. A BSC board member drove Yuri, his fiance, and Yasa around to look FOR houses when they were in Colorado Springs.

I don't see how the posts I've made is spreading rumors. There are significant facts that maje the question a logical one. I have no idea why this is so sensitive to some of you. It's not my intent to do any ine harm in any way. I guess I don't get it?
    Is Yuri's fiance American or Russian?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast