Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Yeah, Lynn is pre-med at University of Michigan. Logan graduated from college a few years ago (Eastern Michigan University, I think).

I can't stand the idea of such a wonderfully creative team going to Marina/Igor!
    Would S/Z even have room to take them on?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Conga View Post
    Would S/Z even have room to take them on?
    Do they ever turn down an elite team? It's a factory up there! If they got Lynn and Logan they could have the top 5, 6 or 7 teams next year at Nationals.

Still, I don't believe Lynn and Logan would go for Marina/Igor. Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wildfire View Post
    I think H&H are now H&Donohue. I don't know if they're at DSC or Canton.
    I suppose it's Z.Donohue (former partner of P.Gilles). Is he related to Madison's former partner N.Donohue?

It's a shame for Keiffer but maybe he wants to go to college?

vCash
    To add another twist to the Colorado scene, Pratt and Gilles seem to be skating together again.

vCash
    Interesting, had Pratt and Gilles retired?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    Interesting, had Pratt and Gilles retired?
    He definitely had, not sure about Pratt.

This is really surprising news.

I'm not going to get into specifics, but it's certainly frozen over.
    vCash
    To add another twist to the Colorado scene, Pratt and Gilles seem to be skating together again.
    Although I would be really surprised if that were true, I'd also be thrilled... I loved them. If they ended up using Tom Dickson as a choreographer, I'd be pretty interested to see where this led.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernDancers View Post
    Aren't there 2 more great rinks in Detroit?..
    Ann Arbor is 43 miles from Detroit. That's probably at least an hour drive when you factor in traffic. Many people do commute that far to work every day but for someone who's trying to juggle training and demanding pre-med classes it could be onerous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    Ann Arbor is 43 miles from Detroit. That's probably at least an hour drive when you factor in traffic. Many people do commute that far to work every day but for someone who's trying to juggle training and demanding pre-med classes it could be onerous.
    None of the Detroit area rinks are actually in Detroit, not even the Detroit Skating Club, which is located in Bloomfield Hills.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    I commuted from Ann Arbor to Bloomfield Hills a few times a week during my first 2 years of college. It took 45 minutes in the best of conditions, and 2.5 hours in the worst. By my junior year, it became impossible to schedule classes around that anymore. I don't think there's any way you could be a full-time student and make that commute every day for 3-4+ hours on the ice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgobluegirl View Post
    I commuted from Ann Arbor to Bloomfield Hills a few times a week during my first 2 years of college. It took 45 minutes in the best of conditions, and 2.5 hours in the worst. By my junior year, it became impossible to schedule classes around that anymore. I don't think there's any way you could be a full-time student and make that commute every day for 3-4+ hours on the ice.
    From Ann Arbor, it would be MUCH easier to get to the rink in Canton than to the one in Bloomfield Hills, that's for sure!

vCash
    Are you sure it's Todd she's skating with as Trina completed at the Adult Sectionals in Championship Dance with Justin Ly and they are scheduled to compete at the Adult Nationals in April.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecmu0503 View Post
    From Ann Arbor, it would be MUCH easier to get to the rink in Canton than to the one in Bloomfield Hills, that's for sure!
    It's certainly easier. Canton is just as easy as the Ice Cube for me from my side of campus.

vCash
    Trina is skating with Justin for this season. Just goes to show you how much she must enjoy skating. Todd Gilles is the partner for this season.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Trina is skating with Justin for this season. Just goes to show you how much she must enjoy skating. Todd Gilles is the partner for this season.
    Do you mean Todd Gilles is the partner for NEXT season?
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    I don't remember ever seeing Pratt/Gilles, but I've read several positive comments about their previous partnership. It will be interesting to see how things go with them. I'm still about the demise of S/G though.

vCash
    So no one knows what Yuri and Yasa's situation is? Does anyone in MI know if they're staying in Ann Arbor? Summer is soon approaching and I'd think skaters would need to plan for training locations. The WA hasn't announced any new coaches at this point, so the summer dance program is sans dance expertise as of now. The dance coaches formerly at WA are relocating to other rinks. It will be interesting to see what would happen in Colorado Springs if there are actually competing training programs within the same city.

I'm not going to get into specifics, but it's certainly frozen over.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I don't remember ever seeing Pratt/Gilles, but I've read several positive comments about their previous partnership. It will be interesting to see how things go with them. I'm still about the demise of S/G though.
    I loved both with Gilles (and Trina Pratt actually managed to make Chris Obzansky interesting to watch), but I was a fan of P/G from their novice season on -- if you're curious to see what P/G looked like, Skateweb has a couple of their programs available on the Christopher Dean choreography page here:

http://www.frogsonice.com/video/dean/

vCash
    There is a flyer at the WA promoting a seminar in April that will be given by Yuri and Yasa. Maybe this is the first step to a relocation?

vCash
    Perhaps Lynn and Logan might go to Krylova and Camerlengo? Is it close enough?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast