Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

vCash

Ann Arbour dance coaches moving to Colorado Springs?

The talk in Colorado Springs is that Yuri and Yasa are making a move to World Arena. Maybe the Detroit area is feeing a bit congested.

vCash
    Or maybe the void for Dance in Colorado Springs is drawing them in? It would be nice to have a strong dance program in the Springs.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    What will happen to the dance teams they currently coach, like Kringkraireut/Giuliett-Schmitt? I think Lynn goes to University of Michigan, I can't see the team moving to Colorado.

vCash
    We can only hope that they will help Tom Z's skaters with their footwork and stroking.

Also pray that they have Tom Dickson and Christopher Dean choreograph their teams.
    Last edited by OrioleBeagle; 03-19-2011 at 11:26 AM.

vCash
    Is Christopher Dean still in the Springs?

vCash
    I think Dean has returned to Great Britain since he divorced Jill Trenary.
    Marci

vCash
    Slightly OT, but the city is Ann Arbor, not Ann Arbour. If a moderator reads this, could you please correct. Thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    What will happen to the dance teams they currently coach, like Kringkraireut/Giuliett-Schmitt? I think Lynn goes to University of Michigan, I can't see the team moving to Colorado.
    Yeah, Lynn is pre-med at University of Michigan. Logan graduated from college a few years ago (Eastern Michigan University, I think).

I can't stand the idea of such a wonderfully creative team going to Marina/Igor!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I can't stand the idea of such a wonderfully creative team going to Marina/Igor!
    Me neither.

That would be all the top teams besides H&H as part of the Igor crew.

Having all of the top teams under one coaching team can't possibly be a good idea. Different perspectives is what is needed to continue to help the discipline grow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarciajsR View Post
    I think Dean has returned to Great Britain since he divorced Jill Trenary.
    i read that he is only in Britain when taping his shows. He still spends part of the year in Colorado because his sons live there.

vCash
    I think H&H are now H&Donohue. I don't know if they're at DSC or Canton. Dean has been in Colorado Springs when he's not busy with DOI.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wildfire View Post
    I think H&H are now H&Donohue. I don't know if they're at DSC or Canton. Dean has been in Colorado Springs when he's not busy with DOI.
    Who is H-H?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Who is H-H?
    Hubbells.

WHOA on the Hubbell/Donohue part. I like both skaters so it'll be interesting to see how they look together (if this is indeed true). Any word on what he Hubbell is doing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OlieRow View Post
    Hubbells.

WHOA on the Hubbell/Donohue part. I like both skaters so it'll be interesting to see how they look together (if this is indeed true). Any word on what he Hubbell is doing?
    Thank you. So Habbles are split up? After all this situation with WCh i missed something.
    And what about Kifer? I think he is one of the best male patners in USA now, will be sad, if he will not compete any more....

vCash
    WHAT?
    The Junior Grand Prix: Where skaters who "come out of nowhere" come from.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OlieRow View Post
    Hubbells.

I believe he has retired.

Quadless
    vCash
    I think H&H are now H&Donohue. I don't know if they're at DSC or Canton.
    What Lanna said.

vvvv

Quote Originally Posted by Lanna View Post
    WHAT?
    Exactly - what?

Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler View Post
    I believe he has retired.
    Well that would be a shame, but I hope he finds fulfillment in his future endeavors.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Well, that's burying the lead. Surprised there hasn't been a thread about the Hubbell's already.

vCash
    The talk in Colorado Springs is that Yuri and Yasa are making a move to World Arena. Maybe the Detroit area is feeing a bit congested.
    They have to do what they feel is best for them professionally but it would be a shame if they go. One of the advantages of the ice dancing program in Ann Arbor is that it's so convenient for ice dancers who also want to attend college. You have the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor and Eastern Michigan University in nearby Yspilanti. U of M is one of the best universities in the U.S.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Aren't there 2 more great rinks in Detroit? Z/S and K/C? I believe they both train international quality teams. There would be choice. It is difficult on the teams themselves when really good coaches relocate, especially for those skaters that are attending university. But I can understand a decision like this if teams are bleeding to Detroit anyway (S/B for example), and Colorado Springs is less crowded with international ice dance coaches. It would certainly breathe new life and energy into ice dance in Colorado Springs. It's healthy for the sport to spread quality coaching around the country, instead of concentrate everything in one small area.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast