Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    FYI, I've copied this from the SA Police News' status:
    Please note ... FB changed & failed to let us know. Look at your URL address (the top box on your screen.) If you see "http" instead of "https" you DO NOT have a secure session & can be HACKED. Go to Account Settings - Account Security - click Change. Check box (secure browsing), click Save. FB has automatically set it on the non-secure setting! Do your friends a huge favour, copy & re-post.
    I just changed mine.

vCash
    ^^^Thank you!

vCash
    I tried to do this, but since I play FB games, it won't let me. As soon as I try to go into my game, an alert will come up and tell me that it only works in http: mode, so it turns the https: off.

vCash
    FB Security page had this posted a couple months ago about the https thing. It really is beneficial to 'like' one of the FB pages, whether it's FB Security, FB Safety, or FB and Privacy.
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdycool View Post
    I tried to do this, but since I play FB games, it won't let me. As soon as I try to go into my game, an alert will come up and tell me that it only works in http: mode, so it turns the https: off.
    You can choose not to use those apps that require you to turn off https. Also, the next time you open FB, it *should* revert back to the https setting.
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Random facebook question...

Is there somewhere in account settings (or elsewhere) where I can turn off notifications of friends accepting other people as friends? Sometimes I have pages and pages of only notes that say "Chatty Cathy is now friends with Joe Blowhard", etc., etc. (That gets really boring after a while...)
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Random facebook question...

Is there somewhere in account settings (or elsewhere) where I can turn off notifications of friends accepting other people as friends? Sometimes I have pages and pages of only notes that say "Chatty Cathy is now friends with Joe Blowhard", etc., etc. (That gets really boring after a while...)
    If there is, I haven't found it. And the thing with facebook - if you have a friend who becomes friends with someone else, they assume that you want to be friends with them too.

vCash
    There must be somewhere...because I don't get those anymore. I'm pretty sure you can chose the notifications you want to receive.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by millyskate View Post
    There must be somewhere...because I don't get those anymore. I'm pretty sure you can chose the notifications you want to receive.
    I've turned off a lot of e-mail notifications that get sent to my private e-mail, so that's stopped a lot of uselessness. But if you have ten friends who each make friends with 10 people, you get pages and pages of notes on your facebook page, which makes for very boring facebooking....

vCash
    yes - I have turned off all the email notifications because that just jammed up my email. But the posts of facebook friends friending someone run on my feed. And now I notice some information on people I have sent friend requests to, but they have not yet accepted. Like they changed their profile pics. And I check to see if they accepted my friend request, but they have not. I am over that. And someone who I retracted my friend request too.

vCash
    Sometimes I have pages and pages of only notes that say "Chatty Cathy is now friends with Joe Blowhard", etc., etc.
    I feel your pain but somehow your description has me (I think because it is so true!)

I'm not sure you can banish those Chatty Cathy tidbits from your Newsfeed unless you hide Chatty Cathy....
    Last edited by Cheylana; 05-22-2011 at 06:40 AM.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    I'm not sure you can banish those Chatty Cathy tidbits from your Newsfeed unless you hide Chatty Cathy....
    I don't think so. I have people on hide and still see their friending people.

Does anyone know why the "IM" chats now show up in messages? I don't care to have my IM chats in my messaging nor do I care to have their responses to me in their messages.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    Does anyone know why the "IM" chats now show up in messages? I don't care to have my IM chats in my messaging nor do I care to have their responses to me in their messages.
    That's new with a recent update. I find it rather annoying too.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    Sometimes when I'm chatting with somebody, they go offline. Then when I send them a response, facebook says they are offline and offers me the option of sending the response as a message. Any chance you said yes to this, so now the conversation is in your inbox?

vCash
    Sometimes when I'm chatting with somebody, they go offline. Then when I send them a response, facebook says they are offline and offers me the option of sending the response as a message. Any chance you said yes to this, so now the conversation is in your inbox?
    Nope. Everything is in messages now

OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    Facebook privacy is such an oxymoron.

Facebook sells your information to advertisers, etc., and that's how they make money. LOADS of it, too.

As much as I despise the idea, I must say it is brilliant. They know everything about you. Your real name, where you live, what schools you went to, where you work, your date of birth, your family (and often your mother's maiden name), your friends, what you like, where you go, etc. A database like that is priceless, and you're all giving it up for free.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WindSpirit View Post
    As much as I despise the idea, I must say it is brilliant. They know everything about you. Your real name, where you live, what schools you went to, where you work, your date of birth, your family (and often your mother's maiden name), your friends, what you like, where you go, etc. A database like that is priceless, and you're all giving it up for free.
    Darn it. I mis-spelled my surname when I signed up. And I didn't include info about my education, got my birthday wrong by both one day and one year... Dangit, I did it all wrong!!!

P.S. You mean some people actually gave up a boatload of accurate information to some strange, unkwnown entity?

vCash
    Thanks for all the tips!

vCash
    Darn it. I mis-spelled my surname when I signed up. And I didn't include info about my education, got my birthday wrong by both one day and one year... Dangit, I did it all wrong!!!

And I accidentally put down the wrong name of where I went to school and I'm currently working as a technical assistant at DWTS.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pollyanna View Post
    And I accidentally put down the wrong name of where I went to school and I'm currently working as a technical assistant at DWTS.
    OMG!!! Can you get me tickets for tonight's show???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast