Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazmeen View Post
    RE: this and nubka's post, I couldn't help myself, I went over there and looked...gee, did you know that it's pathetic to have an OGM be the greatest moment of your life?
    I should be so pathetic.

I agree with allezfred: it's nice to see Tara being more active in skating again, and I hope it continues.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash
    I think it's great that she's back skating again. And she's developed a nice on-ice persona as well. I think she'd fit right in w/the SOI pros maybe with a little more practice. She's already leaps and bounds ahead of the eligible performers IMHO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    The venom is spewing over at MKF...
    Gee, there are very few on this board who share any common experience with those who now post on MKF. Those who still post there are a small group who shared the excitement of her successes, and the pain of her losses. Many, obviously do not like Tara - for lots of reasons - not just because she won gold over Michelle's silver. Their site is active to continue to honor Michelle's accomplishments, and to continue to share their comaraderie around their experience of her effect on their lives. So what if many don't like Tara and openly express it - why should anyone here care. And good grief why go there after not visiting for a long time just to confirm your disgust that many there still don't like or respect Tara.
    Last edited by kathy sullivan; 03-20-2011 at 04:58 PM.

vCash
    When has Tara ever said anything negative about Michelle to warrant such venom? People are still bitter about something that happened 13 years ago and they're now pitting MK and Tara's post-skating careers against each other. How ridiculous is that?

As for the skating, Tara looks good. I hope to see her do more shows in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kathy sullivan View Post
    Gee, there are very few on this board who share any common experience with those who now post on MKF. Those who still post there are a small group who shared excitement of her successes, and the pain of her losses. Many, obviously do not like Tara - for lots of reason - not just because she won gold over michelle's silver. Their site is active to continue to honor Michell's accomplishments, and to continue to share their commraderie around their experience of her effect on their lives. So what if many don't like Tara and openly express it - why should anyone here care. And good grief why go their after not visiting for a long time just to confirm your disgust that many there still don't like or respect Tara.
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

Wandering Goy
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kathy sullivan View Post
    Gee, there are very few on this board who share any common experience with those who now post on MKF. Those who still post there are a small group who shared excitement of her successes, and the pain of her losses. Many, obviously do not like Tara - for lots of reason - not just because she won gold over michelle's silver. Their site is active to continue to honor Michell's accomplishments, and to continue to share their commraderie around their experience of her effect on their lives. So what if many don't like Tara and openly express it - why should anyone here care. And good grief why go their after not visiting for a long time just to confirm your disgust that many there still don't like or respect Tara.
    Proofreading can be your friend, kathy, if you use it (the spelling of the Kween's first name, for example) - but I suppose that must be difficult to do from a fetal position.
    "Skating fans are not a patient bunch." Dragonlady

vCash
    Why do we have to drag what's going on at MKF over here? AFAIK this thread has been quite supportive of Lipinski. I really could care less what the people at MKF think, and frankly I'm not surprised if the reports are true. But we don't need their negativity over here for crying out loud...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    I think it's great that she's back skating again. And she's developed a nice on-ice persona as well. I think she'd fit right in w/the SOI pros maybe with a little more practice. She's already leaps and bounds ahead of the eligible performers IMHO
    Agreed.

But then, I always found her to have a lovely musical quality. Sure, she was never an angst-filled artiste, but she was always very lovely to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VALuvsMKwan View Post
    Proofreading can be your friend, kathy, if you use it (the spelling of the Kween's first name, for example) - but I suppose that must be difficult to do from a fetal position.
    Surely you could not be accused of uncalled for nastiness.

vCash
    Lovely performance by Tara, my only criticism is that I didn't like her hairdo, which IMO didn't do her lovely hair justice.

Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    The venom is spewing over at MKF...
    Good golly, it's been 13 years... Surely the statute of limitations on permissible bitterness has lapsed by now... no?

ETA:
    Why do we have to drag what's going on at MKF over here? AFAIK this thread has been quite supportive of Lipinski. I really could care less what the people at MKF think, and frankly I'm not surprised if the reports are true. But we don't need their negativity over here for crying out loud...
    Er, that's a good point too
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

Running from Morozov...I'm blonde, after all! IL
    vCash
    Glad to see her involved in skating, at all. That camp sounds really fun, and I hope it works out.

vCash
    Sorry but it is not MKF members who are bringing the negativity into this thread. Just saying....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatepixie View Post
    Agreed.

But then, I always found her to have a lovely musical quality. Sure, she was never an angst-filled artiste, but she was always very lovely to watch.
    Absolutely! Always found Tara to be the personification of energy on ice.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyjake5 View Post
    Sorry but it is not MKF members who are bringing the negativity into this thread. Just saying....
    The nastiness is not unanimous in the MKF thread about this topic, FTR.

It seems that the board dragging is completely unnecessary, regardless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyjake5 View Post
    Sorry but it is not MKF members who are bringing the negativity into this thread.
    Doesn't matter. Let's just try to keep the thread about Lipinski...

Anyway, I would really like to see her skate shows again. Perhaps even re-join SOI and maybe I can make it to a show

vCash
    Sorry, despite venting my frustration here, I agree... welcome back, Tara, we are happy to have you back....and if Michelle continues to skate more professionally I would welcome her as well! Pro skating could be on quite the upswing if these girls come back, and the generation of Sasha, Evan, Tanith/Ben, etc continue to skate professional as well

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD
    Anyway, I would really like to see her skate shows again. Perhaps even re-join SOI and maybe I can make it to a show
    Same here. I've had tickets for two SOI shows in the past and missed them due to illness with members of my family. I still have that dream to go to an SOI show, and I would be more than pleased if Tara was at the show performing.
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    very nice performance - lovely to see Tara develop some maturity on the ice, that would fit in with a show very well. thanks for posting!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Tara and Michelle both looked good on the ice this past year, even given the amount of time they have taken off to do other things and have a life.

It would be fun to see them skate together because they are lovely skaters and it would make some people's heads explode

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12