7 1.72%
  • Sarah Hughes

1 0.25%
  • Other

1 0.25%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    I'm quite amazed that Sasha Cohen, Sarah Hughes, and Oksana Baiul made this poll while the likes of Yuka Sato, Chen Lu, and Maria Butyrskaya didn't . . . just saying.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 03-20-2011 at 01:40 PM.

vCash
    ^Yes! Lu Chen!

vCash
    Just wondering, was Katarina good at figures? Yes?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Just wondering, was Katarina good at figures? Yes?
    Eh. Not really good.

1983 - 8th
    1984 O - 3d
    1984 W - 1st
    1985 - 3d
    1986 - 3d
    1987 - 5th
    1988 O - 3d
    1988 W - 1st

vCash
    She was 3rd or higher nearly everytime which would suggest the judges rated her as very good at them. She never was below someone like Trenary who supposably had great figures. Whether she actually was in another matter perhaps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    ^Yes! Lu Chen!
    She's in my top ten!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I'm quite amazed that Sasha Cohen, Sarah Hughes, and Oksana Baiul made this poll while the likes of Yuka Sato, Chen Lu, and Maria Butyrskaya didn't . . . just saying.
    LOL who would vote for Butyrskaya who was never a serious rival to Kwan or even Slutskaya and was also outshone by Lipinski, Hughes, Cohen, Chen, and others in her own era.

And Sato wasnt a great amateur skater, she won a B Worlds with all the big guns out and otherwise won no major medals. She was an amazing pro skater though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    LOL who would vote for Butyrskaya who was never a serious rival to Kwan or even Slutskaya and was also outshone by Lipinski, Hughes, Cohen, Chen, and others in her own era.

And Sato wasnt a great amateur skater, she won a B Worlds with all the big guns out and otherwise won no major medals. She was an amazing pro skater though.
    Well, looking at these poll results nobody voted for Lipinski, Baiul or Hughes either .

I'm surprised that Cohen only got one vote though. I know she didn't have the most successful amateur career (though looking back, she got a respectable amount of hardware), but I was sure she had fans who simply appreciated her skating.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Hmm.. I think the OP should be clearer on what he/she means the "best". Is it best as in actual skating skills or competitiveness (as measured in medals)? Cause the list will change depending on which one takes more priority.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Well, looking at these poll results nobody voted for Lipinski, Baiul or Hughes either .

I'm surprised that Cohen only got one vote though. I know she didn't have the most successful amateur career (though looking back, she got a respectable amount of hardware), but I was sure she had fans who simply appreciated her skating.
    Well you only needed 6 poll options anyway really. Kwan, Yamaguchi, Ito, Kim, Asada, and Slutskaya. The rest are redundant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    Hmm.. I think the OP should be clearer on what he/she means the "best". Is it best as in actual skating skills or competitiveness (as measured in medals)? Cause the list will change depending on which one takes more priority.
    Seems perfectly clear to me.

We are not voting on best vault or best beam... we are voting on best all around.

The best is just that: THE best. Not the best at one foot step sequences, or the best at COI spirals.

vCash
    Even though I don't know exactly the difference between "the Best" and "the Greatest",
    for me, at least for now, "the best" is Kim Yuna and "the greatest" is Michelle Kwan".

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    Probably a better way to do this type of poll then is to comprise a list of skaters we can nominate who were known to have the best jumps, the best spins, the best footwork, the best skating skills (speed, edges), the best choreography, and the best musical interpretation, and have the 12 skaters with the highest vote counts from each category meet head-to-head in a Best All Around Final Poll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midas777 View Post
    Even though I don't know exactly the difference between "the Best" and "the Greatest",
    for me, at least for now, "the best" is Kim Yuna and "the greatest" is Michelle Kwan".
    I think the best is Kim or Ito and the greatest is Kwan or Yamaguchi. If they all were in their primes together at their best Kim and Ito would beat all the others, but Kwan and Yamaguchi have the best competitive records. The most talented overall is probably Asada but she hasnt fulfilled her potential as a skater yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Probably a better way to do this type of poll then is to comprise a list of skaters we can nominate who were known to have the best jumps, the best spins, the best footwork, the best skating skills (speed, edges), the best choreography, and the best musical interpretation, and have the 12 skaters with the highest vote counts from each category meet head-to-head in a Best All Around Final Poll.
    Great idea. Although, I feel in the end, Michelle would probably win in the best all around poll, so the result won't change.
    But at least, great skaters like Lu Chen, Yuka Sato, etc. can be mentioned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    She was 3rd or higher nearly everytime which would suggest the judges rated her as very good at them. She never was below someone like Trenary who supposably had great figures. Whether she actually was in another matter perhaps.
    Yes, but almost always behind Thomas, Ivanova, and Sumners

vCash
    Haha I agree with you, judgejudy27. But Let's decide later who will be "the best and the greatest yet to come".
    Last edited by midas777; 03-20-2011 at 05:36 PM.

Running from Morozov...I'm blonde, after all! IL
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post

I almost voted for Sasha, but I couldn't ignore Yu Na.

vCash
    Sasha clearly wasnt better than Kwan who was the exact same type of skater and did everything better than Sasha (unlike say Irina who is a different type of skater altogether)
    so I am not surprised Sasha has almost no votes.

vCash
    I agree with you for the most part except that Sasha was clearly a better spinner.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast