Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    I am giving new definition to Irish tacky today--I have LIGHT up St. Patrick's day shamrock earrings, horrible green braid headband, and a light-up green crown.

Plus lime green nail polish as a base coat and green sparkly polish on top of that. But I'm very upset that I can't wear my "shiver me shamrock" leprechaun socks (yes, they say shiver me shamrocks) due to my broken toe that I can't cover.

Am subbing for a group of little kiddies today--they have the cutest little events planned. It's Catch a Leprechaun day, and each class has devised all sorts of "traps" to catch them. They wrote limericks, made Irish soda bread, put together actual contraptions, and rainbow posters. It's actually kind of a neat way to incorporate science, math, English, Social Studies into a holiday. While they're at morning assembly, where they will have a St. Paddy's day presentation, they're going to make "leprechaun tracks", i.e., lucky charms in and out of the classrooms and put a stuffed leprechaun in the best "traps" in each classroom. Overall winner gets a visit from a "real" leprechaun later today.

This is cute. Later on though, they will be eating green cupcakes, green cookies, and most of them will probably try to eat the lucky charms off the floor. That will not be cute.

I will definitely be drinking some green beer after today's events and my Spanish midterm.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Just put my slimy corned beef in the crock pot. Sounds appetizing doesn't it?

Yes, I know the Irish do not eat corned beef. I was also sad to learn that there are no leprechauns guarding pots of gold at the end of rainbows.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

vCash
    There were leprechauns in my house last night. My daughter's teacher told her that on St. Patrick's Day eve, leprechauns go through your house and mess it up. Of course, my daughter didn't tell us this until this morning, when she was ready to go downstairs. So I very quickly said I had to go to the bathroom, and went around the upstairs tossing stuff on the floor and in the bathtub.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    I'm fixing corned beef & cabbage for the crockpot now. We have that dish a few times a year, although the kids won't eat more than a "thank you bite" of cabbage. (I cook it separately, too.) Always end up with veggies left over and no meat. Same thing happens with beef stew and pot roast.

Never heard of the messy leprechaun visits, although Artemis Fowl readers understand why they would be searching a human child's room like a SWAT team, lol. They'll never find my copy of The Book! lol

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
    Last edited by FigureSpins; 03-17-2011 at 03:48 PM.

vCash
    Happy St. Patrick's Day to you Allezfred, and thanks for the link to the St. Patrick's Day Parade. I was able to watch it in Canada and the first thing I saw were the "giraffes" dancing in the street which made me happy (note my username). I was in Dublin about five years ago so I recognized the scenery along the route. Thanks for the treat!

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    There were leprechauns in my house last night. My daughter's teacher told her that on St. Patrick's Day eve, leprechauns go through your house and mess it up. Of course, my daughter didn't tell us this until this morning, when she was ready to go downstairs. So I very quickly said I had to go to the bathroom, and went around the upstairs tossing stuff on the floor and in the bathtub.
    That will be my new excuse for my messy house - the leprechauns did it!
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    They live in my house, rotten slobs.

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Today I am Irish!
    Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I'll go to the local Irish Pub (last year was a blast. We got to party with the dancers of "Lord of the Dance" there) with a few friends later on and we're gonna celebrate the fabulous Irishness with godlike Kilkenny and Guiness!
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    best day of the year!
    For sure

Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    Happy St. Patrick's Day to those who celebrate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Ready for a hearty corned beef and cabbage dinner about 21 hours from now!
    omg, didn't know there was a corned beef requirement - my brother has just brought me a huge corned beef and potato pie for my birthday, we stuck a candle in the top

Everyone's Irish today

vCash
    I totally forgot it was St Patricks Day until I tried to go to the bank which was shut! Lsat year I was working in Downpatrick (where he is buried, apparently, no one really knows) and we built up to it for weeks before. This year...nothing!

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatefan View Post
    omg, didn't know there was a corned beef requirement - my brother has just brought me a huge corned beef and potato pie for my birthday, we stuck a candle in the top
    Happy birthday!

Corned beef though.

Quote Originally Posted by C_T_T_ View Post
    I totally forgot it was St Patricks Day until I tried to go to the bank which was shut! Lsat year I was working in Downpatrick (where he is buried, apparently, no one really knows) and we built up to it for weeks before. This year...nothing!
    Cuts?
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post

Cuts?
    No just I don't work there anymore and missed it all!

Though it was a lot smaller this year, some nonsense about Sinn Fein carrying the tricolour instead of the flag of St Patrick so lots of people pulled out.

vCash
    Munching on black puddings while downing Jameson.
    Gearing up for partying tonight!!

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Ya'll have (obviously) never eaten my corned beef. With fresh cabbage from the garden.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    Happy St. Patrick's Day!
    Zorry my english, I´m a verrrrrry rude spaÑish

Saint Smugpawski
    Cutting Down Privet Because Food Prices Are Going Up Next Year
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Corned beef though.
    What is your major malfunction? As Judd Hirsch said to Molly Ringwald "You won't take a guy's tongue in your mouth but you'll eat that?" No, wait, that doesn't make sense. What I mean is, you'll take a guy's tongue in your mouth but you won't eat that?

Wait, wasn't Judd Hirsch the dude from "Taxi"? What is my major malfunction??
    The fastest thing out of New Jersey since Tricky Nicky in a Muscovian handbasket

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    What is my major malfunction??
    You're just being you, darling.

Happy St. Patrick's day!
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    I made my great-grandmother's stew (yay recipes my folks save!). She was from Manorhamilton. It was freakin' delicious.

Corned beef is nasty. My mom loves it, I don't understand.

vCash

vCash
    I used Savoy cabbage this year - it was delish and the small head was perfect for the two of us.

I also sliced the carrots really thin, which was okay because they cooked fast, but I wouldn't do it again. They were too thin for a stew/soup.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast