View Poll Results: Which Performances Did You Enjoy Tonight? (Vote For As Many As You Like)

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Casey Abrams

22 37.93%
  • Haley Reinhart

9 15.52%
  • Jacob Lusk

7 12.07%
  • James Durbin

14 24.14%
  • Karen Rodriquez

7 12.07%
  • Lauren Alaina

13 22.41%
  • Naima Adedapo

1 1.72%
  • Paul McDonald

1 1.72%
  • Pia Toscano

33 56.90%
  • Scott Mccreery

32 55.17%
  • Stefano Langone

23 39.66%
  • Thia Megia

14 24.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I hope so because this week was pretty dull.
    I think that had a lot to do with the song choices.

I do think the contestants will improve in terms of stage presence and pitch as they get a little more experience and confidence and a spot on the tour is no longer on the line. I'm also hoping that some of them will take a few more risks in terms of song choices once they make the tour.

Also, different song choices might force some of the contestants to improve their stage presence. If Stefano chooses a more uptempo song and isn't trying to look so sincere, he might open his eyes. Also, if they let Paul play his guitar, he might not move around like a drunk chicken on stage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    Also, if they let Paul play his guitar, he might not move around like a drunk chicken on stage.
    Everyone had the instrument option last week. Strange that Paul didn't take them up on it.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    Everyone had the instrument option last week. Strange that Paul didn't take them up on it.
    If that's true, it may not have been communicated to Paul - or not in time -- because he had responded to someone's question last week by saying that instruments were not allowed yet. Casey was in the hospital until Sunday and did his song later than the rest, so maybe that was why he played an instrument. For a whole lot of things, Nigel has been changing the rules and format as they go along.

Anyway, I hope that Paul does start playing the guitar and gives the staggering a rest. Not sure how well that will work with Motown week.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    If Paul had played an instrument, he would have had to omit his dance solo.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    If Paul had played an instrument, he would have had to omit his dance solo.
    his St Vitus Dance?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Apparently Paul is a hit with gay guys. All the guys at my stylists shop love him. They rank Pia as number one girl and Paul as number one guy. They think he's interesting. It's going to be interesting to see how far he goes in the comp.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    If he's a big a hit with the gay voters as Kris Allen was, he's going verrrry far. I'll keep an ear out for the convos at my gym re paul. Some of the things said about Kris Allen during his season ay my gym I won't mention . That said, I think Paul's the first guy out.

I still don't understand how Lee won. He was the definition of a schlubby bar singer. It was probably Simon kissing his ass each week for some inexplicable reason.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I think Paul strongly resembles Bradley Cooper but not hitting as high on the hotness factor.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    OT, but TMZ posted the headline "Bradley Cooper and Renee Zellweger Split" and the entire article consisted of "this makes sense."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    his St Vitus Dance?
    Mean, but

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixflamezzz View Post
    If he's a big a hit with the gay voters as Kris Allen was, he's going verrrry far. I'll keep an ear out for the convos at my gym re paul. Some of the things said about Kris Allen during his season ay my gym I won't mention . That said, I think Paul's the first guy out.
    I think Jacob will get the boot before Paul does, though I agree that with Brian that he's not nearly as hot as Bradley Cooper. There are women who like Paul, too. It's not just the gay guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    There are women who like Paul, too. It's not just the gay guys.
    well, i mean that goes without saying. this is idol, after all, where the likes of clay aiken, taylor hicks, and lee dewyze have all been deemed "omG CuuTTE"

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    well, i mean that goes without saying. this is idol, after all, where the likes of clay aiken, taylor hicks, and lee dewyze have all been deemed "omG CuuTTE"
    Every time I see Scott McCreedy, he looks more and more like Clay Aiken. First it was the eyes...now it's the strange semi-smile/smirk...
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

OmnipresentAdmeanistrator
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    that Black eyed Peas perf. was just depressing. Can't the guys just take their autotune and go home already. I'm fine with Fergie solo, but this band has maxed out and its just ridiculous now
    I hope they're going to get better. They did have some great songs a few years ago. Too bad most of them can't sing. I was really about the autotune stuff. When I was at Clay's concert last month he was making fun of the autotune and the fact that you practically have to use it to get on the radio nowadays. And apparently you don't even have to sing, you can just speak to the microphone. Clay's version of "I Kissed a Girl."

Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    LOVE THE RESULT! Goodbye to MY OSCAR, MY KAREN!!!!!!!!!!

please never sing again
    I don't think she was bad. Just not great.

Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Lee proved once again why he is the lowest-selling Idol to date. I'm still going Why? Why? Why? a year later. Who voted for this guy? Mediocre voice, blah personality, & not much to look at.
    That was the only bit I had to fast forward.

I don't know how gay guys like their men, or even how other women like their men, I know that for me a guy has to be interesting first. Lee is like Dead Man Walking, and I'm not crazy about his singing, either, so um, hell no. Kris was kind of like Lee to me, only he could sing. But he was very boring and forgettable, so I didn't really find him attractive, either.

Clay and Taylor were both rather polarizing. I didn't watch A2, so I don't know how I would react to Clay there; I have become his fan by watching clips from his concerts. He is an amazing entertainer and I love his sense of humor (snark) and quick wit. Smart, funny and talented, what's not to like? I quite liked Taylor, but not as much as his fans. I loved Elliott during that season. And yes, I think Elliott's sexy and cute. So there you go.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Here is most of a new song from Kelly Clarkson's upcoming album. She performed it at some benefit this past weekend. Too bad it cuts off right before she was about to kill it, haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X33g...layer_embedded

This is not a single, I am sure, but sounds great.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Paul is a hit with gay guys? Last time I checked I'm gay and I don't find anything special about him... His voice is annoying and he looks like a spastic chipmunk when he tries to "dance" on stage. I'm looking for the best voice and he ain't it. Sure he's got a nice smile and sorta cute but those guys are a dime a dozen... Pia has the best voice but I still don't think she will win...
    Kyle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Here is most of a new song from Kelly Clarkson's upcoming album. She performed it at some benefit this past weekend. Too bad it cuts off right before she was about to kill it, haha.
    You only have to wait six months to hear the ending.

Casey Abrams isn't in the photos from last night. I wonder if he's still sick.

Quote Originally Posted by WindSpirit View Post
    That was funny -- both the song choice and the Chipmunks impersonation. He does seem like a good entertainer, even if I don't like his taste in music. But, I still don't see the sexy. I was suprised to hear JLo and Melinda both say they found Casey Abrams sexy, too. I really like him, but "sexy" isn't the first word that comes to mind when I see him.

vCash
    Latest edition of Idoloonies is up. There's an interview with Ashton Jones in the last segment.

http://www.tvline.com/tag/idoloonies/

vCash
    Thanks Shan. Jason Averett is asserting himself a little more in the graphics.

There are a few places where I disagree with Slezak. I know the judges and producers and Iovine like Stefano and he's one of the cuter ones, but I'm not convinced that he is going to get to the top three, especially if he doesn't change his performing style.

I also disagree that Paul's not taking Idol seriously. I think he went on the show to do his best and his music career is important to him. The fact that he didn't play an instrument this week doesn't mean he's not taking it seriously. I see it as exactly the opposite. The Idol producers might have told Slezak that everyone had the chance to play an instrument last week, but the Idol vocal coach told EW that the contestants weren't told this until Friday and they go into the studios on Friday morning to record. There really wasn't much chance to change songs and pick something that would allow Paul to showcase good guitar playing. (OTOH, because Casey was in the hospital, he didn't record on Friday and changed his song choice from a Boyz II Men song to Smells Like Teen Spirit and played an instrument. But, I don't think he really had much time to change it up and make it his own, so I'm not sure it really paid off.

I do agree with Slezak that, as a result of the changes this season, we're not going to see any interesting musical choices like Kris' "Heartless" and David's "Hello." I really liked their "Alone" montage.

So God wanted Ashthon to be a wild card pick despite not being the best singer that night? Just so he could send her packing the next week? Alrighty.

vCash
    They were way too harsh on Jacob and not harsh enough on Paul. Or they should've been given the same treatment. Paul's just getting a pass because of his pre-idol music (which has no relevance on how AWFUL he's been on the show) and because of his whole quirky/folksy vibe. Meh.

Wasn't a fan of Kendra's voice. Her upper register was not pleasing to my ears. It was shrill and whiny.

I don't know about Stefano. I'm pegging him as the darkhorse this season, so that means at least T5, but beyond that, I don't know. He'll have to continue to turn in great performances and have everybody continue to falter (e.g. this past week). Motown Week should be up his wheel house so I think he'll be safe this week.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314