View Poll Results: Which Performances Did You Enjoy Tonight? (Vote For As Many As You Like)

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Casey Abrams

22 37.93%
  • Haley Reinhart

9 15.52%
  • Jacob Lusk

7 12.07%
  • James Durbin

14 24.14%
  • Karen Rodriquez

7 12.07%
  • Lauren Alaina

13 22.41%
  • Naima Adedapo

1 1.72%
  • Paul McDonald

1 1.72%
  • Pia Toscano

33 56.90%
  • Scott Mccreery

32 55.17%
  • Stefano Langone

23 39.66%
  • Thia Megia

14 24.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash

American Idol - Top 12 (March 16th and 17th)

Random news:

http://mjsbigblog.com/:

Casey Abrams confirmed, via twitter, that he suffers from a chronic condition:

Just to let every one know, I have ulcerative colitis. I’m always going to have it, but the symptoms are pretty much under control.

“I just thought people should know,” Casey explained to a fan, “I’ve been getting questions about it, so why not just get it out there, you know?”
    Stefano Langone Reportedly Was Arrested For DUI

Possible song spoiler:

Spoiler

Rickey.org has Scott McCreery as leading the pack in popularity...

Scotty For The Win?

Kelly Clarkson’s Album Delayed Until Fall...

I recently found out that my album won’t be coming out until September ….the album has been recorded but I can’t release it until then. I realize that is a long time but that’s the best time to release it apparently so I’m sorry for the wait but I promise you it sounds great!
    Ratings are up (from mjsbigblog.com):

Nielsens: ‘American Idol’ surges 7% from 2010

Idol wild. The opening of American Idol’s top-13 round sang to 24.4 million viewers Wednesday, up by 1.5 million (a 7% gain) from last year’s comparable top-12 episode on Fox. Thursday’s results show was up 8%, to 22.1 million.
    Lee DeWyze Next Single is “Beautiful Like You”

The label is releasing another single before they drop him? Lee is reported to be playing this song on Thursday night's result show.

Expect a Release Date For David Cook’s Upcoming Album Soon

Casey James Album to Debut in Fall?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Just to clear it up, because it isn't clear at all from your post, Stefano Langone's possible DUI happened a while back (before the show process began). I thought it happened this week or something!

This was probably discussed in last week's thread but I read that there will no longer be song spoilers because they are not allowing the audience into dress rehearsals anymore. Not sure why but it seems like they are going a long way to cover up a lot of things this year. Giving singers retakes, not going live, no audience in dress rehearsal. Seems a little fishy to me.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Tonight's theme is songs from the performer's birth year.

The Black Eyed Peas are also performing Thursday night.

Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Just to clear it up, because it isn't clear at all from your post, Stefano Langone's possible DUI happened a while back (before the show process began). I thought it happened this week or something!
    BigB08822, anything in a post which is in blue letters and is underlined is a link to an article. Just click on it, and that page will open up on a new screen and you can read all the details in the article.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    This was probably discussed in last week's thread but I read that there will no longer be song spoilers because they are not allowing the audience into dress rehearsals anymore. Not sure why but it seems like they are going a long way to cover up a lot of things this year. Giving singers retakes, not going live, no audience in dress rehearsal. Seems a little fishy to me.
    We'll get song spoilers... leaks will happen. What we won't get is the preview of how the contestant did.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Tonight's theme is songs from the performer's birth year.

The Black Eyed Peas are also performing Thursday night.

BigB08822, anything in a post which is in blue letters and is underlined is a link to an article. Just click on it, and that page will open up on a new screen and you can read all the details in the article.
    I know, that is how I knew it happened before but I figured not everyone would read the article. Just throwing it out there so those who dont read the article wont have the wrong idea.

Oh, and the Black Eyed Peas are performing? Then I will NOT be watching Thursdays show. Worst live musical act, EVER.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Casey Abrams tweeted Melinda Doolittle, saying "Listening to your audition for inspiration. Just thought I'd let you know. "

I thought that might be a hint about what song he's singing. She auditioned with a Stevie Wonder song, though - For Once in My Life --which was released long before Casey was born. It could be a good song for him, though, so maybe he's thinking ahead to next week? Or maybe there was a version released the year he was born?

I'm glad Casey has his ulcerative colitis under control now. It's probably hard to keep the right diet while he's on the show.

And speaking of health and diet issues on the show, Crystal has a new tv ad campaign out with her and B.B. King. She was so excited when she met him in Vegas and nobody knew what the meeting was for. Now we do. They're promoting a blood sugar monitor.

I'm bummed that they're taking until the fall to release Casey's album. It's good that they're not rushing it, but I wouldn't think they would have to take that long. I guess the labels really want to release in the fall. It must be especially frustrating for Kelly since her album already is done.

ETA: Oops! You're right taf! Some people really hate any kind of spoilers at all. Nigel spilled two song choices in an interview this morning:

Spoiler

Last edited by Allskate; 03-16-2011 at 07:23 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    Casey Abrams tweeted Melinda Doolittle, saying "Listening to your audition for inspiration. Just thought I'd let you know. "

I thought that might be a hint about what song he's singing. She auditioned with a Stevie Wonder song, though - For Once in My Life --which was released long before Casey was born. It could be a good song for him, though, so maybe he's thinking ahead to next week? Or maybe there was a version released the year he was born?

I'm glad Casey has his ulcerative colitis under control now. It's probably hard to keep the right diet while he's on the show.

And speaking of health and diet issues on the show, Crystal has a new tv ad campaign out with her and B.B. King. She was so excited when she met him in Vegas and nobody knew what the meeting was for. Now we do. They're promoting a blood sugar monitor.

I'm bummed that they're taking until the fall to release Casey's album. It's good that they're not rushing it, but I wouldn't think they would have to take that long. I guess the labels really want to release in the fall. It must be especially frustrating for Kelly since her album already is done.

Spoiler

Allskate - you should probably put song spoilers into [] spoilers. Not everyone likes to know ahead of time. No me, I already read the spoilers.
    Last edited by taf2002; 03-16-2011 at 08:57 PM.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash

Spoiler

Spoiler

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    Allskate - you should probably put song spoilers into [] spoilers. Not everyone likes to know ahead of time. No me, I already read the spoilers.
    Um, do you realize that you quoted my spoiler, so it's out there for everyone to see? I can't change your quote.

And Peter, I totally agree with you.

vCash
    Um, do you realize that you quoted my spoiler, so it's out there for everyone to see? I can't change your quote.

And Peter, I totally agree with you.
    Oopsie I fixed it, thanks.

vCash

Spoiler

-Brian

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Has anybody read the new book out that's supposed to give all the backstage scoop on AI? I was flipping through it in Borders the other day, but didn't buy it. I did see the comments that apparently the vote between Kris and Adam wasn't even close. I figured one of you real AI junkies would have read it and given up the unknown scoop.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    It doesn't surprise me that the vote wasn't close for Kris and Adam. I'm guessing Danny's fans swung about 99.9% for Kris. I'm guessing if the final two had been Danny and Adam, Kris' fans would've (mostly) gone for Adam, and if it had been Danny and Kris, I would've power voted for Kris like a mad tween.

vCash

vCash
    I just watched most of it.

My teevee just said AI is live. Is it? Or just the little blurb about Japan was live?

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Naima quite pitchy. She should simplimfy her look a bit.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Naima may be a good performer, but she's kinda pitchy every time she sings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I'm glad he's stilling doing this, though I do miss Kristen Baldwin. It was fun when Melinda Doolittle sat in as guest commentator for one of the episodes.

Also, Slezak apparently is still interviewing the cast-offs.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    He he. JLo agreed with me.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    naima sounds sort of amateurish, like she's singing at a pool party
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast