The wiener takes it all
    vCash

TODAY: Europeans on UniSports at 6pm ET

Just creating a thread so none of you miss seeing/recording the coverage of 2011 Europeans being shown on Universal Sports TV tonight (March 16) from 6pm - 8pm Eastern, 3pm - 5pm Pacific.

The coverage is scheduled to be of the Men's and Ladies Free Skates.

This program will be repeated several times. Check out the Universal Sports TV Figure Skating schedule for repeat times.

Repeats (all Eastern time) are scheduled for 3/16 9:30pm, 3/17 1:00am, 3/19 4:00pm, 3/22 12:00pm, and 3/23 3:00am.

Based on twitter reports, commentators should include Tara Lipinski and Andrea Joyce.
    Last edited by HisWeirness; 03-16-2011 at 05:52 PM.

vCash
    Bump up for those of you lucky folks who get Universal Sports on TV...

vCash
    Good thing I checked here I was missing it!

vCash
    ((Sylvia))

It's a shame that US has such limited coverage.

at Peter's griping about lack of movement in Amodio's program.

vCash
    Peter Carruthers talking about how Amodio would be much better if he was like Lysacek and did a lot of moves for no reason-"transitions" like he should sacrifice his breakthrough choreo for transitions or moves for no reason

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Peter Carruthers talking about how Amodio would be much better if he was like Lysacek and did a lot of moves for no reason-"transitions" like he should sacrifice his breakthrough choreo for transitions or moves for no reason
    No reason? Transitions get points in the COP. Lysacek was used as the example because he is the skater that most US viewers would be familiar with. Carruthers' criticism was that Amodio's dance moves nearly all came when he stopped skating and remained in one place on the ice; he shouldn't get scored for skating skills during parts of his program that he is not skating. If he can perform more of the dancing while he is skating, then he'll be a much better skater and he could possibly be a medal contender at Worlds (but he probably also needs a quad).

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    As you can guess from the comments above, Peter Carruthers and Andrea Joyce did the commentary for the men's free skate (final group) and Tara Lipinski and Andrea Joyce did the commentary for the ladies free skate (final group).

So, I believe this broadcast showed a total of 12 skaters (12 free skates). The backstage hug between Amodio and Joubert and Sarah Meier's performance were highlights for me.

vCash
    For those who don't get Universal Sports on TV in the US, video of their TV coverage of the Men's and Ladies' free skates is now available for online viewing (Microsoft Silverlight required): http://www.universalsports.com/video...es+free+skates

aka IceSkate98
    vCash
    Thanks, Sylvia!
    Angie
    “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” ~ Thomas A. Edison