vCash

Tyra Banks attends Harvard Business School

I didn't know that Tyra Bank is currently attending Harvard Business School. She was on The Talk today, and she talked a little bit about it. Good for her. I'm impressed.

vCash
    Well, sort of, it's a mini course if I am not mistaken.

...Her?
    vCash
    According to her Wikipedia page (not the best source but not the worst) it's a series of 3 3-week sessions. College degrees and standardized test scores are not required and no degree is given upon completion.

vCash
    It costs $31,000 per year to attend three weeks per year for three years. This is the particular program she's attending at Harvard - the Owner/President Management Program, designed for executives from companies with annual revenues of at least five million dollars. Here's an article about Tyra.
    Last edited by a56; 03-16-2011 at 03:44 AM.

vCash
    Still, good for her for getting more education. She could easily sit back and just count her millions by now.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    It's a certificate program that just about anyone with money or corporate sponsorship (in this case, her own) can do.

HBS also offers degrees, like the regular MBA program, that are actually selective about admissions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelskates View Post
    Still, good for her for getting more education. She could easily sit back and just count her millions by now.
    Perhaps such a course is useful when you've got millions to manage as well as several very large enterprises on the go. And it's a way to expand your network and forage for new opportunities.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    Perhaps such a course is useful when you've got millions to manage as well as several very large enterprises on the go. And it's a way to expand your network and forage for new opportunities.
    I'd say so. Good for her.

Who cares if the programme let's in anyone with money? She's chosen to get more education, and I think that's great.

vCash

vCash
    Tyra's been making the talk show rounds all week. In addition to The Talk, she also appeared on Late Night With Jimmy Kimmel and a television magazine show on my local CBS station. Good for her. I have to say that lately she's been looking like model Tyra from back in her Sports Illustrated/Victoria's Secret days.