Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

vCash
    Can't wait! And thanks!

vCash
    P/I withdrew.

vCash
    Strange that they would w/d. Maybe one of them is injured or their SD isn't ready yet.

vCash
    I'm so bummed ! But .. although they withdrew from the SD , they're still on the schedule for the FD. ( Hope, Hope ) Tomorrow morning will tell.

vCash
    I really hope it's just a SD issue -- they're almost guaranteed a second GP spot now, and don't necessarily need a lot of competitive mileage in advance of the season, so I could see a strategic scenario of deciding not to put out a still rough or in-progress SD while competing a much stronger FD that might stir up interest and demonstrate growth from last season. Hoping that's the case, mostly for their sake but also for the selfish sake of really wanting to see them before the GP season begins.

vCash
    They're not in the FD as well.

Oh well.

vCash
    Hmm, no indeed. Hope everything's all right.

vCash
    A-a-a-a-r-r-g-ghhhh!

I hope they're OK..lavenderblue , I hope your thinking is right on this , and it's just a strategic move.

vCash
    Oh dear. I hope nothing is wrong with either of them. I hope we get some news soon. I was upset that I was going to miss them skate, but was hoping to read about it here.......had T-off time this pm with my sweetee.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I was at Thornhill all weekend, and was REALLY bummed not to see P/I skate. They were there today, though. They were in the audience watching a couple of the events together. I hope that they're not hurt!

vCash
    So what would be our next chance to see or hear something of them ?
    high performance camp ? That's usually in Sept. , isn't it ?

I was hoping for a nice positive dance hit this weekend but very little of what I saw between some of Thornhill , some of Quebec was very satisfying and some was downright..
    I'll be checking out the BC competition next weekend , all the same .

vCash
    Good news! Although P/I didn't skate last weekend, PJ Kwing did manage to catch up with them and posted a very nice interview on youtube. They didn't mention anything about why they pulled out of Thornhill, but have their goals for the season and their thoughts on the SD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAGW-YPlcOQ

Also, she managed to catch a few minutes with their coach/ Mitchell's dad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNUQ8Jy3EyQ

It's not the look at their programs that we were hoping for, but at least it's something.

vCash
    She also posted this blog interview: Catching up with...Alexandra Paul and Mitchell Islam. The withdrawal was due to a minor injury for Alex, apparently.

I love their SD music selections. I think I'd appreciate additional detail on that FD storyline, however.

vCash
    I actually clapped when I found out their SD music. Gorgeous.

vCash
    Thank you all for posting links......I'm so glad to hear that Alex does not have a serious injury. I'm really looking forward to seeing them.......skate Canada?
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Thanks for the article link. I saw the interview, and didn't even think to check PJ Kwong's site for the corresponding article. It's wonderful to hear that they are both well, and that we will be seeing them at NHK.

Short Dance:

Main Theme from 2046
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTnYr...eature=related

Havana Slide
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03mKnn0VHqM

Free Dance

Tonight by Elton John
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOvWGtop_ic

I am now insanely excited. This music is AWESOME!! I love all three pieces. I'm particularly intrigued by that FD concept. I can't wait to see how they incorporate that story line into the choreography. And I can't even begin to say how excited I am to see David Wilson doing dance choreo again. As far as I know, the only ice dance programs he's ever done were for Dubreuil/Lauzon, and I adored all of them. I think this program will be a hit. Counting the months until NHK.

vCash
    Yikes ! be still , my heart ..that music should make for a fabulous SD..and I liked what Haguenauer did for them before..Oh please, can't we get a glimpse of this before NHK ? ( I'm still hoping for a second GP..)

I already thought the Elton John music was promising..but David Wilson is excellent at building emotion into a program ..not in an overstated way.

vCash
    I'm liking the music selections, the FD storyline, and how P/I are working with different choreographers to make their total package. Really looking forward to seeing them this year!

vCash
    Not quite sure how this works, but it seems that P/I, along with a group of other young skaters from Ontario, will be recieving some extra support and guidence this coming season. Given how impressive all of these skaters were at Thornhill, and how good P/I were last season, I'm not at all surprised that they were chosen. Good for them!

http://www.skateontario.org/2011/08/...2012%E2%80%A8/

vCash
    Here's the first announcement for the High Performance Camp. P/I are scheduled to attend.

http://cscontario.ca/web_page/news.php?id=dft1923

Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast