Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rickmercer View Post
    With Piper & Poirer probably not getting citizenship to even be eligible who are the biggest competition of this pretty team for the 3rd spot or is it only themselves now.
    Theoretically, both Ralph/Hill and Orford/Williams are skilled enough to challenge Paul/Islam. Having seen everyone's programs, however, I think P/I would have to make a mistake to be overtaken. All programs skated cleanly, I think they would come out on top. The scores and results from Thornhill and the BC summer skate seem to indicate as much (though, of course, its tough to compare scores between different competitions).

vCash
    ..I agree completely..even though I'm aware that I may not be completely unbiased....because I don't like the music choices of either R/H or O/W , even though I like both teams (for different reasons ). Both their FD's have some interesting aspects, but P/I's program seems to me to be in another league ( and you know it's only going to grow )

vCash
    I have watched their SD and FD for several times now, and I feel I can comment now. The SD is really nice, and I like the "pure" quality of it. As for the FD - I must say that usually I like more intricate, "richer" choreography, and usually this would be too simple in terms of choreography for me. But the more I watch it, the more mesmerized I am. The ease of their skating and their lines (especially Alexandra Paul's) are just gorgeous. Most of the lifts are still too simple in my eyes. I realize that acrobatic lifts wouldn't suit this style anyway, but there is simple, and then there is simple. One of the greatest examples of lifts that look simple and easy while actually being quite difficult is, of course, Virtue/Moir's 'Mahler'. I hope that Alexandra and Mitchell can aspire to something like that. They also seem a little bit lacking in expression (to me), but with this music (dramatic, yet somewhat austere at least in the beginning) their reserved, "low-key" expression works, and is even right. Actually the music itself is powerful enough, and at the same time it doesn't call for dramatic expression, big gestures, and so on.

vCash
    Nebelhorn is just a week away and I'm hoping P/I have a rousing competition , and a warm welcome ... wasn't that ice show they did in the summer in Obertsdorf ? They may have a local following. Really looking forward to seeing how their programs have progressed.

OT , but I'm also rooting for their club mates H/D and O'B/M ..Go, guys !

vCash
    I'm also rooting for H/D, who are my favourite senior U.S. dance team.

But I'm not rooting for them at the expense of P/I.

vCash
    A practice video at Nebelhorn, thanks to Tatjana2541...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajmp3IywVeA

They have such beautiful lines and practice clothes show that off. They're looking very ready for this competition.

vCash
    They change one lift!! Beautiful!!!

vCash
    Oh that is a marvelous prorgram......Good luck to them
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Beautiful !

Waiting for this to start. They skate last..not sure if that's a good thing or not. Best of luck to them.

I was getting nervous last night and I resorted to just cutting my tarot deck ..2 cuts..the Emperor and the Empress..power,authority,beauty ,bounty, etc..

Crossing all appendages..

vCash
    YES!!!

First place! Battle is on for that 3rd Olympic spot.They beat their PB by 9 points!

vCash
    Great ! So happy for them.. that program is genius . Really sets them apart.

vCash
    Good luck to them in FD! I was impressed with there skating at practice video - they have such a great lines.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Good luck to them in FD! I was impressed with there skating at practice video - they have such a great lines.
    Me too, Pani! I hopped over here to this thread just to say that! Haha So beautiful!

vCash
    Thanks for posting that video, they are gorgeous skaters. Call me crazy, but I'll take edges and body lines any day over flailing and drama!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fort View Post
    A practice video at Nebelhorn, thanks to Tatjana2541...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajmp3IywVeA

They have such beautiful lines and practice clothes show that off. They're looking very ready for this competition.
    Thank you! Wow, they are looking so good. Alexandra in particular is looking amazing! She has the best back and arms in ice dance. Just gorgeous. Their knee action and edge work in the footwork sequences look really good.

They are SO much better than Gilles and Poirier. It's too bad Skate Canada/Skate Canada judges can't see that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    Thank you! Wow, they are looking so good. Alexandra in particular is looking amazing! She has the best back and arms in ice dance. Just gorgeous. Their knee action and edge work in the footwork sequences look really good.

They are SO much better than Gilles and Poirier. It's too bad Skate Canada/Skate Canada judges can't see that.
    Perhaps this year they will see and reward them.......I sure hope so.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Congratulations to P&I on a huge personal best & winning the SD!!

vCash
    As if we weren't being spoiled enough today, here's an HD video with British Eurosport commentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKv3ZyViZ3U

Can you believe how incredible they look? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

They blew their PB, and the rest of the couples, out of the water. If they win this thing, they'll be the talk of the town going into the most important season of their careers. I can't think of a more incredibly perfect way for them to start their season!

vCash
    That was one fabulous SD!

vCash
    Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast