Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Phew!...I'm so-o-o happy ! now, what else ?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Thursday, June 6th perfomance at the Detroit SC show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEKM64L7wD8
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    How has no one seen this yet!?!? P/I announced their music today...I'm already in love with their SD choice.

SD: Music from the musical 'Crazy for You' by George and Ira Gershwin (apparently it will be a foxtrot and quickstep combo)

FD: Music from the "W.E." soundtrack by Abel Korzeniowski

Announced via Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/AlexandraPaulMitchellIslam

vCash
    Thanks for the info... I'd only just heard of W.E. recently, but haven't watched it yet. Now that I've heard a bit of the music, I may have to make the time! It sounds lovely, and while I was wondering about them using another period soundtrack, the music seems so different that I can understand it. (W.E. is the story of Wallis and Edward, aka the King of England who abdicated the throne to marry a divorcee American. The story is interwoven with a tale from current times.)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PguF07JJf8g

vCash
    Here's a link for the Overture of 'Crazy for You.'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rgG2uTDDqg

I'm already in love with the SD music, though I am such a massive fan of Gershwin that I suppose I'm biased. I think it's going to suit them so perfectly! P/I skate with such elegance, and music like this will just complement that so well. I think they'll be very good at giving the impression of lightness and smoothness that music like this calls for. I wouldn't be surprised if the program comes out having the kind of overall feeling that Weaver/Poje's 'Cheek to Cheek' SD did a few years ago (which I ADORED).

I love that the FD music is a complete contrast to Crazy for You. From what I've heard of the soundtrack, there is very little music that is upbeat, so I'm guessing this is going to be more of a soft, romantic piece . I know it's not exactly out of the box, but I love it when P/I take on that style. The music has a haunting quality to it, and if they really invest in the performance (and have good choreography, of course), I can see this FD turning out to be one of those programs that casts a spell over the audience. How marvelous would that be?!

On another note, I love the fact that P/I always come up with unique music choices. I don't generally have a problem with skaters choosing 'overused' pieces, as long as they do them justice, but there's something refreshing about watching a team come out with obscure music almost every season. I think it really gives P/I a chance to avoid comparison with other teams and really make the programs their own

Thoughts?

vCash
    I just listened to the music......and I think it's a wonderful choice for them. I'm hoping this will be their "vehicle" to move up with.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    They simply can't go wrong with Gershwin. I can't wait to see them. They are one of my favorites.

And Wallis and Edward..............totally fabulous.

She has the most gorgeous arms and upper back.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AxelAnnie View Post
    They simply can't go wrong with Gershwin. I can't wait to see them. They are one of my favorites.

And Wallis and Edward..............totally fabulous.

She has the most gorgeous arms and upper back.
    ITA about the W.E. piece. I have never heard it before, but love it! I'm excited to see this program.

vCash
    Crazy for you always reminds me of this pro pairs program by Gordeeva & Grinkov: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEXkn4Ky0PE

vCash
    I had no idea that so many well-known songs came from this musical (which apparently is an adaptation of an earlier musical, 'Girl Crazy'): "Someone to Watch over me", "Embraceable You", "I Got Rhythm", "They can't take that away from me", etc.

Thanks for the information about the music choices.

vCash
    An article on them, from ice-dance.com
    http://www.ice-dance.com/main/news/g...ome-in-detroit
    They'll be doing Thornhill this summer!

vCash
    Very nice article about them. Here's hoping this season is better for them, they are a lovely couple. Good luck!
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    It's great that they're working on new lifts. They usually execute them pretty well, but they've tended to use the same few, or variations on them, the last few seasons. Branching out and working on that area is good, especially in addition to the big growth in their basics that's coming from working in Detroit. And improvement overall should hopefully also help with confidence.

Some good quotes too about program music and their approach to skating.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Paul/Islam are assigned to Nebelhorn Trophy next month: http://www.skatecanada.ca/en-us/athl...ts.aspx#srintl

ETA:
    They are scheduled to debut their programs at COS in Thornhill on Saturday, August 17 - 5:20 PM Senior Short Dance in the West Arena (they are 2nd to skate of 2 teams). There will a live stream again this year: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...YT-SummerSkate
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-09-2013 at 09:30 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Their Skate Canada biography has also been updated with more specifics on their programs:

Short Dance

Part 1: Crazy For You Overture (George Gershwin)

Free Dance

Part 1: Going Somewhere (Abel Korzeniowski)
    Part 2: I Will Follow You (Abel Korzeniowski)
    Part 3: Satin Birds (Abel Korzeniowski)
    Part 4: Dance for Me Wallis (Abel Korzeniowski)

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Nebelhorn as the Olympic qualifier does count as a score towards next year's SB list for GP selections.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    YES! I'm so happy for them! Regardless of SB points, the international exposure is going to be fantastic for them!

vCash
    I'm getting very excited about tomorrow..Hope everything goes fabulously well for them. I must have checked the schedule 3 times today to make absolutely sure I have the times right. Also hoping for live report , anyone ?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    COS Thornhill Senior Short Dance is scheduled for today from 5:40 - 6 PM Eastern (start order for the 2 teams: R Kirkland/M Kleffman, Paul/Islam) - link to the live stream is posted in the TV Alerts forum (there's also an event thread in Kiss and Cry).

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Looks like running ahead of schedule - ice make now and then Senior Short Dance. Direct link to live stream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/cos-su...013-west-arena

ETA: P/I are the only team competing today.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-17-2013 at 10:42 PM.

Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast