Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
    Agreed. I don't think Skate Canada would assign both V/M and W/P to SC, and since V/M are the Canadian champions they will get a spot. This would leave room to assign both G/P and P/I at SC. W/P are guaranteed two assignments elsewhere, and Ralph/Hill and Orford/Williams at least one. Gilles/Poirier will probably end up with two assignments since they are at the top of the alternates list.

If I'm not mistaken, Harvey/Gagnon have retired (please correct me if someone knows otherwise).
    thank you, flowerpower, kwanfan1818, and everyone else who has explained the GP assignments here. I am feeling more hopeful now.

I so wish I could attend on May 12th--I hope you all have fun! Please report back if you can!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    It was posted as hearsay/unofficial info in the Canadian Dance thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...97#post3517397
    I missed this thread entirely -- thank you for the link!
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Last season in dance,

I think it's a dumb strategy to have W/P and V/M go up against each other at SC, and it certainly would be cheaper for both if they competed at the same event as P/B (splitting the coaches' costs), because as much as Skate Canada loves Gilles/Poirier, that's no guarantee that an international panel will feel the same way, and if I were Skate Canada, I would want to see how the international judges compare G/P and P/I in the same event and then to either I/K or C/L, not W/P.
    You're so rational and sensible..I can only hope Skate Canada will be equally sane.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    [*]At this point, it looks like Poirier will get one off the alternates list.* (If there was news of a Crone partnership, I missed it.)
    Vanessa is skating with a guy from Denmark. They are training with MF & Patrice in Montreal, and will compete for Canada. Top 5 is so crowded IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kppt View Post
    Vanessa is skating with a guy from Denmark. They are training with MF & Patrice in Montreal, and will compete for Canada. Top 5 is so crowded IMO.
    She is? Well that's just . Thanks!

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Nikolaj Sorensen, maybe? He last skated with Katelyn Good, coached by Dubreuil/Lauzon. Good/Sorensen were 14th in the preliminary round at Moscow Worlds competing for Denmark.

A Crone/Sorenson partnership would mean, assuming a release for him, that they could do international competitions in 2012-13, but couldn't do championships until 2013-2014, since Moscow Worlds were held so late in 2011, unless the ISU passed an exception because the circumstances were so exceptional, but only if he becomes a citizen of Canada by 1 July 2013 (Rule 109). Otherwise, as a Canadian resident, he can compete in the 2014-15 championships. (ETA: That's the singles rule I crossed out.) He's been training in Canada since 2009, and he may very well already be a Canadian Permanent Resident.
    Last edited by kwanfan1818; 05-06-2012 at 11:45 PM.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kppt View Post
    Is it Nikolaj Sorensen?

vCash
    Yes, confirmed on her fb page about a half hour ago. They will debut @ Lake Placid.

vCash
    I am very happy to hear Vanessa has a new partner. I was very disturbed that someone ofher calibre would have to quit competing. I really like her personality and her quick feet, and lightness. I don't know her partner, but I'm sure we'll all be hearing more soon. Perhaps she will have more of a connection with this new guy.. Good luck to them!!!!
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Wow, great news. I am a big fan of Vanessa as well. One more reason I just have to make it to Canadians this year. I sure hope Mr. puglover sees it that way.
    pug lover

vCash
    Alexandra post on facebook

Check out "The Legend of 1900," a very interesting & unique movie. @mitchislam & I are skating to pieces from it for our FD this season!
    This could be great FD

vCash
    Just saw the news. I believe there is a heavy focus on the piano in this movie? I'm scouring youtube for good clips now, will post when I find them...

Found this series of videos (I've added a link for the first, the rest can be easily found from there) that contain what I think is the entire movie soundtack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4jLY...eature=related

I'm SO excited for this FD I don't know how I'm gonna make it through the off season!!! This is gonna be a really awesome FD for them. <3 There are so many beautiful parts to this score that I can't even begin to imagine which ones they'll choose. BTW, totally love them for choosing a score by Morricone, one of my all time favourite composers (and a master of movie scores). Any work on who choreographed this FD?
    Last edited by skatingfan04; 05-09-2012 at 02:33 AM.

vCash
    I agree. I did some listening and there are some gorgeous pieces of music for them to choose from. Now I'm wondering which ones . Whatever, I think it's a great choice for them.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I agree. I did some listening and there are some gorgeous pieces of music for them to choose from. Now I'm wondering which ones . Whatever, I think it's a great choice for them.
    I'll admit, I was kind of hoping they would go for something a bit more out there, but after hearing this movie score, I'm totally sold. I think this is exacly the sort of thing that will hilight this team's beauty, flow and lines. There are far too many pieces in this score for us to ever figure out which ones they'll use lol, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they stick to tradition and debut this FD at Mariposa, and then come to Thornhill in August to compete it. This way we'll get a clearer idea before the season starts. I'm SO happy about this!!

vCash
    Thanks for the news, pani! I have listened to the music and I really like it! I can't wait til they debut their program!

vCash
    Tonight is the COS show. Anyone going?

vCash
    love the music in the link provided.
    Last edited by iggie; 05-12-2012 at 11:29 PM.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    A couple of hours ago, PJ Kwong tweeted:

Am having a great time with Paul C. Announcing at the COS show!
    I hope this means some reports on her blog about the show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    love the music in the link provided.
    I know. <3 I've had it stuck in my head all week. So gorgeous!

vCash
    I've posted the Facebook link to Justine Chiu's photos of last night's COS show here: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...3&postcount=43
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast