Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1005
    vCash
    Here we are...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLpuW-WiED0

Did anyone get the chance to look at the protocols? Their technical levels were ridiculously good! I think this was definitely the breakthrough they needed (this and their success at Nebelhorn). I also think that this is going to be a huge confidence boost for them, which is so important. Especially since they had two straight skates without major mistakes. I think that if they can get their confidence back, it will help relax them and bring out more of their character in the programs (which really is the only thing they need to work on for the FD IMO).

Welcome Golightly!

To answer your question, this was their career best FD score and overall score. Their career best SD score was around 60, which they got at Nebelhorn a few weeks ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    Here we are...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLpuW-WiED0

Did anyone get the chance to look at the protocols? Their technical levels were ridiculously good! I think this was definitely the breakthrough they needed (this and their success at Nebelhorn). I also think that this is going to be a huge confidence boost for them, which is so important. Especially since they had two straight skates without major mistakes. I think that if they can get their confidence back, it will help relax them and bring out more of their character in the programs (which really is the only thing they need to work on for the FD IMO).

Welcome Golightly!

To answer your question, this was their career best FD score and overall score. Their career best SD score was around 60, which they got at Nebelhorn a few weeks ago.
    Protocols
    DiSt3; base of 6.50, GOE 1.00
    STw4; base of 6.00, GOE .67
    CuLi4; base of 4.00, GOE .67
    CiSt3; base of 6.50, GOE 1.00
    SlLi4; base of 4.00, GOE 1.00
    Sp4; base of 5.00, GOE .42
    RoLi4; base of 4.00, GOE .92
    RoLi4; base of 4.00, GOE .50
    ChLi1; base of 0.20, GOE .38
    TOTAL Base Value was 37.70
    TOTAL GOE was 7.63
    TOTAL TES was 45.33

PCS were
    SS - 7.33
    LF/M - 7.04
    PER - 7.25
    CH - 7.33
    IN - 7.21
    TOTAL: 43.27

Think they achieved pretty good levels overall and getting level 4 on 2 of their final 3 elements (both rotational lifts) bodes well for them. Here's to hoping they stay healthy and UPRIGHT when they skate.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Think they achieved pretty good levels overall and getting level 4 on 2 of their final 3 elements (both rotational lifts) bodes well for them. Here's to hoping they stay healthy and UPRIGHT when they skate.
    I know you don't mean this, but to clarify the final ChoreoLift is automatically a level one no matter what. They basically got level fours on everything except their footwork, and getting level three on both bodes well for them definitely.

vCash
    Congratulations to Alexandra and Mitchell and their fans - that was one beautiful skate of an FD for sure. And a good score to boot. I think their components score could be higher if not for the fact that they don't have an international name yet. Hopefully they will go to Olympics and that will come with time.

Title-less
    vCash
    I now see that this team doesn't have another gp event (yet). Shame, I'd love to know how they stack up against Orford/Williams and Gilles/Poirier.

vCash
    Man I hope they make it to the Olympics. I love this team and I love their programs this season. Congrats to them & may they finally have good fortune rain down on them.

vCash
    Great comeback for this team in the free. While I could see the issues in the short dance, I was a little startled at the score and their placement relative to the field. I'm glad they were rewarded for what they did in the free dance, particularly that the judges responded to what appeared as much stronger footing for both of them compared to the short.

Their programs this season are sophisticated and technically demanding and just need to be grounded in consistent basics. That's not unusual for a team that has a great deal of talent to where some aspects of their skating, athleticism, partnership develop or pre-exist on a more advanced level than others at first. This team are strong dancers and capable of intricate work on the ice and they just need to keep their feet secure and do the drills that make that happen. I'd rather see real skaters like this, occasional issues getting into the ice as there may be, than skaters who try to work around the blade work altogether.

vCash
    That FD was so satisfying... It's just a shame they don't have another international outing before Canadians..I hope they can nail down that third spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    That FD was so satisfying... It's just a shame they don't have another international outing before Canadians..I hope they can nail down that third spot.
    I hope so too. That would be a classy team, presuming everybody
    stays healthy, knock wood: Virtue Moir, Weaver Poje, Paul Islam. I'm hoping (and, I guess, expecting) Paul Islam to stay in for the next quad. It's a shame they only have the one GP this season. They seem to be a team that just needs to get out there to strengthen their results on the international scene, and that isn't helped if they get caught in a Catch-22 sort of assignment protocol that limits their opportunities.

vCash
    A new thread title will be needed soon!

vCash
    In their little TV interview , what did they say their motto was for this year? was it "No Matter What " ?

vCash
    Was that a career's best score for them?
    No. It's an international and ISU best score for them, but they had a free dance score of 92.43 at Thornhill in 2012.

Nevertheless, this was a great accomplishment for them. I think it's what they needed to convince the Canadian judges that they are serious contendors for the third spot.

I really like the confidence that they displayed here in the free dance.

vCash
    It seems like this team always makes mistakes that takes them out of the running. At Nebelhorn they had a lead and let it slip away and finished 3rd and at SC they were 7th after the SD. They are to good to be finishing behind a team like R/T but they have to stop making those silly mistakes. It cost them last year when they finished 4th and couldn't go to Worlds.
    Last edited by Jammers; 10-28-2013 at 06:26 AM.

vCash
    They're training with a team that used to do that too (Weaver/Poje), so I have hope that they will learn mental toughness from their training mates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    In their little TV interview , what did they say their motto was for this year? was it "No Matter What " ?
    That would be a great title for the new thread !!!

vCash
    wow this thread finally gets a 2.0 after two years!

vCash
    I like it "No Matter What"
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    We could use a title from one of the pieces in either their short dance or their free dance (Isu bio with listing of pieces):

- From their short dance, 'Crazy for you'
    - From their free dance 'Dance for Me'
    - or the one I like the best, from their free dance, 'Going Somewhere'

vCash
    Oh, I like that last suggestion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    It seems like this team always makes mistakes that takes them out of the running. At Nebelhorn they had a lead and let it slip away and finished 3rd and at SC they were 7th after the SD. They are to good to be finishing behind a team like R/T but they have to stop making those silly mistakes. It cost them last year when they finished 4th and couldn't go to Worlds.
    Why do I find that you slam every Canadian skater?
    I think they had a great free and early season nerves. I think skating with weaver and poje will help their training and polish them . I see a bright future......

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast