Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lavenderblue View Post
    What shouldn't be overlooked here is that P/I won the event in PCS -- and not only that, they just saw a boost of nearly four points in that area from what they earned at last year's Nebelhorn, as well as from their earlier range (2011-12 excepted). The judges gave them about as much as they reasonably could.

Something I also think is overlooked a lot in discussions and comparisons of teams is the actual difficulty level of what P/I are doing. They have some of the purest skating-based programs out there right now, especially with that FD. There's very little time to stop, there's not much breathing room, but they're skating into and out of everything, entering and exiting elements on running edges. They're changing hold frequently, they're changing direction and getting major ice coverage and speed, all with run of the blade. I think there are some who don't recognize or agree with that, but I don't think the judges are among that group. They see what's out there and they're rewarding it.
    ITA
    I was one of them who saw them as clones in the past but Isee they are now coming into their own.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lavenderblue View Post
    What shouldn't be overlooked here is that P/I won the event in PCS -- and not only that, they just saw a boost of nearly four points in that area from what they earned at last year's Nebelhorn, as well as from their earlier range (2011-12 excepted). The judges gave them about as much as they reasonably could.

Something I also think is overlooked a lot in discussions and comparisons of teams is the actual difficulty level of what P/I are doing. They have some of the purest skating-based programs out there right now, especially with that FD. There's very little time to stop, there's not much breathing room, but they're skating into and out of everything, entering and exiting elements on running edges. They're changing hold frequently, they're changing direction and getting major ice coverage and speed, all with run of the blade. I think there are some who don't recognize or agree with that, but I don't think the judges are among that group. They see what's out there and they're rewarding it.
    That's a really important point, IMO, and it's what has always attracted me to P/I most of all. If you watch the version of their FD with British Eurosport commentary, the commentators spent quite a bit of time talking about how P/I have the ability to make difficult transitions look effortless and generate speed and power from nowhere. One of the commentators said what they were capable of was almost an illusion, and made the very valid point that they almost make it look too easy. I think they have the same 'problem' as Virtue and Moir in that respect. I think they make the difficult look so easy that a lot of people get the impression that their programs are easier than what others are doing. Thankfully, in this instance, the judges saw it and rewarded them handily and appropriately for it. I'm hoping that's a trend that continues into Nationals...

vCash
    I am just glad that the judges are finally seeing their qualities and judging it appropriately. I was happy with the judging in this competition,since P/I got the highest PCS (and highest Skating Skills mark in both segments),which IMO they deserved.
    I also love their effortless and soft skating,but I also fear that this will be a problem one day, as it is with V/M sometimes.

vCash
    P/I didn't appear in the gala streamed on Eurosport, so I'm not sure that poster didn't mix up another team with them.

vCash
    That's what I was afraid of..

vCash
    I hope we hear something -- medalists are generally obligated to skate unless there's a serious excuse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    I'm wondering how this would look if they wore something totally modern and bright. Perhaps something like Crone & Poirier's Eleanor Rigby costumes. It would be so unexpected, but I think it would really make them standout and perhaps erase some of the "frail/etheral" and "V/M clone" imagery.
    I'd love to see her in something like that. I saw Vanessa Crone skate that program and was astonished at how small she was in person - she had such presence on the ice that she always seemed larger on tv.

vCash
    Nooooo...please. I hated those costumes. ..To each their own , I guess.

But I , too prefer Alex in more vibrant colours.. or even just some touches of deeper colour. For example ,I think it would make a world of difference to that pink dress if the flowers and neckline frill were done in one or two just slightly deeper or different shades of pink. That would keep it from washing out quite so much.

vCash
    Did anyone happen to catch the Skate Canada practice live streams today? P/I looked awesome! So fast, smooth and confident. Their FD run-through was gorgeous. I can't wait to see their SD tomorrow!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    Did anyone happen to catch the Skate Canada practice live streams today? P/I looked awesome! So fast, smooth and confident. Their FD run-through was gorgeous. I can't wait to see their SD tomorrow!
    Absolutely agree. I love these two so much! Thank you diodio0013plus for uploading their FD practice and lots of others:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP9P...om0VLg20T5K6gg

vCash
    Their practise looked great...I didn't notice any glaring mistakes. Here's hoping they do well.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    Here's hoping they do well.
    Just caught their SD on TSN . . . Thought it was bloody marvellous!

God I love this team!
    "Relax? I can't relax! Nor can I yield, relent, or... Only two synonyms? Oh my God, I'm losing my perspicacity! Aaaaa!" (Lisa Simpson)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tonkatwofeather View Post
    Just caught their SD on TSN . . . Thought it was bloody marvellous!

God I love this team!
    IA. Gorgeous lines & SS - the very difficult made to look easy.

vCash
    I thought it was lovely too, but I thought they got buried in the marks. I thought they should have been a few placements higher. The judging scared me for V/M.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    I thought it was lovely too, but I thought they got buried in the marks. I thought they should have been a few placements higher. The judging scared me for V/M.
    They had a couple of technical errors (L1 on the second Finnstep pattern and L2 on the step sequence), GOE was mostly +1 and 0, except for the final lift, and they got the lowest PCS scores in the competition.

vCash
    Guys...that FD...

I think P/I can consider this a job well done!

vCash
    Their FD was awesome.
    Such a pity that they didn't perform their SD like this,otherwise they could have been 3rd. They had the 3rd best technical score in the FD, so Krylova/Camerlengo seem to work for them. They just have to improve their consistency.

vCash
    Exquisite.......I loved it, and it was so nice to see them move up in the standings. They, like V/M, are so smooth and beautiful to watch. Wonderful matching lines and the flow across the ice . I'm happy for them to see some progress. I hope they are the 3rd team to go to Sochi. (Pulease Skate Gods!!!!)
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Posting for the first time here (I think?) I want to say that I was very impressed with Paul and Islam today. That program is gorgeous. Was that a career's best score for them? I honestly believe that Paul and Islam have the best blades on that field after V-M. They just need consistency and attack. If they can get those two elements working? I think Canada's place as a leading force in ice dance is secure. I hope they make it, I think that Olympic experience will make them grow even more. So, good vibes to them, I am a fan

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast