Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 940 of 1005
  1. #921
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    358
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    They improved so much this year, hope they do well tomorrow, FD! It will help boost their confidence and continue to do well at SC.

  2. #922
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Marseille
    Posts
    1,037
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm happy they're in first place! I hope they get to go to the Olympics with Tessa and Scott and W/P

  3. #923
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,561
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I used to think this team were a copycat T&S but I can see some differences now ( also some similarities).
    I think Alexandra has the softness of T but not her power and that Mitch has to up the ante a bit to follow in Scott's footsteps.
    Good start for them. I saw them at Thornhill and they did very well there too.

    Our next generation of ice dancers is developing very nicely.

  4. #924

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    9,952
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    904
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    As if we weren't being spoiled enough today, here's an HD video with British Eurosport commentary.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKv3ZyViZ3U

    Can you believe how incredible they look? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

    They blew their PB, and the rest of the couples, out of the water. If they win this thing, they'll be the talk of the town going into the most important season of their careers. I can't think of a more incredibly perfect way for them to start their season!
    Love this SD. It might be my favourite SD that I've seen so far this season.

    I wonder if this is her final dress. I like it but think she needs a more vibrant colour.

  5. #925

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    9,952
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    904
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    I used to think this team were a copycat T&S but I can see some differences now ( also some similarities).
    I think Alexandra has the softness of T but not her power and that Mitch has to up the ante a bit to follow in Scott's footsteps.
    LOL. Good luck to anyone on that.

  6. #926
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    832
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by volunteer View Post
    Thanks for posting that video, they are gorgeous skaters. Call me crazy, but I'll take edges and body lines any day over flailing and drama!
    Amen to that!

    I can't wait until tomorrow!

    Just to let everyone know, the competition is being live streamed by the ISU on Youtube. I'm not sure about other countries, but it's not geoblocked in Canada, so P/I's Canadian fans can watch it there. Does anyone know what time the FD is going to be at?

  7. #927

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    471
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1708
    Here's the detailed time schedule. Time in Oberstdorf is 6 hours ahead of Eastern time.

    The ISU channel is geoblocked in the U.S., but streams of British Eurosport have been available widely for the events so far, showing the last few groups in each event. In the U.S., we also have Icenetwork as long as one already has a subscription, but they're only showing the final two groups in each field (though that did and will include P/I).

  8. #928
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    832
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    So...who's excited???

  9. #929

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,470
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3806
    I am......and sending them good vibes . Pulease skate gods lol
    Addicted to FSU

  10. #930
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    758
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I nearly fell off my chair...

    But it was a great recovery.. Recoup for Skate Canada , kids !

  11. #931

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    cheering for W&P and P&I
    Posts
    281
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Sad because of the big mistake,but the good thing is,that they still got the highest PCS.So,the judges seemed to like them and were ready to have them on first without the mistake on the twizzles.

  12. #932
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    758
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    That's good to know . I hadn't looked at the breakdown yet..

  13. #933
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    832
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    That's good to know . I hadn't looked at the breakdown yet..
    Yeah the judges definitely took a shine to them. Not only were their PCS marks highest, they seemed to get some of the best GOE's as well. They would have won. It was strange to see them go down on twizzles of all things, but I was glad to see that they recovered really well. That was something that they used to struggle with a lot. It seems that, at the very least, they have developed the ability to keep mistakes from ruining their programs. Clearly they have issues with consistency in competition, but it looks like they're working on them. Hopefully this shows them that they are capable of international success if they can keep their programs clean. I also breathed a sigh of relief when I saw the protocols. The reason for the horribly low TES score was that they got 0 points for the twizzle sequence. I had been worried that they had lost levels across the board. Program wise, they're in great shape heading into Skate Canada. Let's hope all goes well for them.

  14. #934
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,708
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    P/I have got to stop making those mistakes if they want to go to Sochi. It seems like they always make that one error which kills them.
    Last edited by Jammers; 09-28-2013 at 07:09 PM.

  15. #935

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    2,394
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3278
    Program from Nebelhorn.

    At least this time it was Alexandra who made the mistake rather than Mitch. He's the one who has had more of the issues in the past, IMO. As others have said, they recovered well.

    They likely would have won the gold without the twizzle error, so it was a lost opportunity, and really unfortunate. It also would have made a strong international statement. On the other hand, their score was high enough here that it shows they can be one of the contenders for the bronze at Skate Canada IF they can skate clean there. (Atlhough it's a five-way competition for bronze, with the Germans, both Russian teams and the Americans all in the mix and all strong contenders IMO).

    ETA: On the other hand, if P/I couldn't win it, then their training mates Hubbell/Donahue were my replacement choice for gold. They are my favourite senior American ice dance team.
    Last edited by geoskate; 09-28-2013 at 07:55 PM.

  16. #936

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    471
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1708
    I find it interesting that they didn't receive any credit on the twizzles. By the rulebook, it seems like they should at least have fulfilled the requirements for a level 1? But perhaps I'm misreading something.

  17. #937

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    2,683
    vCash
    400
    Rep Power
    8867
    Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post
    Program from Nebelhorn.

    At least this time it was Alexandra who made the mistake rather than Mitch. He's the one who has had more of the issues in the past, IMO. As others have said, they recovered well.

    They likely would have won the gold without the twizzle error, so it was a lost opportunity, and really unfortunate. It also would have made a strong international statement. On the other hand, their score was high enough here that it shows they can be one of the contenders for the bronze at Skate Canada IF they can skate clean there. (Atlhough it's a five-way competition for bronze, with the Germans, both Russian teams and the Americans all in the mix and all strong contenders IMO).

    ETA: On the other hand, if P/I couldn't win it, then their training mates Hubbell/Donahue were my replacement choice for gold. They are my favourite senior American ice dance team.
    Congrats to Alexandra and Mitch. Their FD is my fav in the competition. Gorgeous skating skills. I agree if not for the minor errors, they would be first. I also think Mitch is the best male dancer of the evening.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

  18. #938
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,922
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by lavenderblue View Post
    I find it interesting that they didn't receive any credit on the twizzles. By the rulebook, it seems like they should at least have fulfilled the requirements for a level 1? But perhaps I'm misreading something.
    Hmm. I keep replaying the twizzle sequence and I can't figure out the call as well. Hopefully someone out there can explain.

  19. #939
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,561
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    P/I have got to stop making those mistakes if they want to go to Sochi. It seems like they always make that one error which kills them.
    Jammers you are one of the most negative posters.
    Loosen up! They know what they need to do, have made tremendous strides and will move forward.

  20. #940
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    319
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    P/I looked really improved. PCS are up. Now they'll just have to stop making those mistakes. Definitely a better finish that last year 3rd vs 5th. On to SC

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •