vCash
    Well this can't be good.

http://results.skatecanada.ca/2012-2...catResults.pdf

Edit:

Thank goodness...

https://twitter.com/alexandrapaul_

Hope Mitchell feels better soon!

vCash
    Poor Mitch.. Never have so many been so glad to hear someone has the stomach flu..

Get better quick , Mitch..there's work to be done to be ready for Canadians.

vCash
    Looks like P/I are gonna be skating a gala in Germany this week!

https://twitter.com/mitchislam

Has anyone ever heard of it? I found a bit of info, but not much...

http://www.spotlight-productions.de/

Regardless, what a great thing for them to get out in front of an international audience. Hopefully we'll get some pictures or video or something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    Looks like P/I are gonna be skating a gala in Germany this week!

https://twitter.com/mitchislam

Has anyone ever heard of it? I found a bit of info, but not much...

http://www.spotlight-productions.de/
    If you click on the Videos link on the left, you'll see that past Media Markt Eisgalas are available for online viewing as long as you have the updated Flash plug-in.

I posted about the show in the German news thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3770548
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnt every four years, its every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Ill be at the show in Ingolstadt and I can tell you how they did! Im really looking forward to see them, there! I only saw the at the Nebelhorn-Trophy so it will be great to see them at a show. This show was shown on TV for several years on EuroSport or the Bavarian channel, in the last years it was only shown of a very local channel of Ingolstadt, and this years it wont be shown at all but maybe you can buy DVDs of the show... Ill try to find out more when Im there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Laney View Post
    Ill be at the show in Ingolstadt and I can tell you how they did! Im really looking forward to see them, there! I only saw the at the Nebelhorn-Trophy so it will be great to see them at a show. This show was shown on TV for several years on EuroSport or the Bavarian channel, in the last years it was only shown of a very local channel of Ingolstadt, and this years it wont be shown at all but maybe you can buy DVDs of the show... Ill try to find out more when Im there.
    That's great! I hope you have a wonderful time, and I'm sure we'll all appreciate your report!

vCash
    I don't know if any video will turn up, but here's an amazing album from today's show. P/I appear all throughout -- there are multiple sets of different shots from their two programs as well as a group number including Alex, Sinead, and Eman, and the group finale with everyone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lavenderblue View Post
    I don't know if any video will turn up, but here's an amazing album from today's show. P/I appear all throughout -- there are multiple sets of different shots from their two programs as well as a group number including Alex, Sinead, and Eman, and the group finale with everyone.
    Wow, those are gorgeous, thanks! P/I look stunning, as usual. I'll keep my eyes peeled for videos.

vCash
    Well, it's not much, but this clip from a German news station shows a few seconds of P/I performing, along with all of the others. I don't recognize the song they're using, but I believe it was sung live.

http://www.intv.de/index.php?option=...chau&Itemid=31

vCash
    I think the song is Get here.

vCash
    It is. Here's a video of that singer performing it a few months ago.

vCash
    Weirdly, that clip freezes for me as soon as the woman's announcement ends... I'm pouting...

Ah, that pout must have helped..5th try lucky
    Last edited by Pratfall; 12-19-2012 at 04:14 AM.

vCash
    Here's a longer video. I had quite a bit of trouble with the shorter clip as well, but this one ran very smoothly. The Eisgala coverage begins at around 9:00, with clips of both of P/I's programs starting at about 13:25.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lavenderblue View Post
    It is. Here's a video of that singer performing it a few months ago.
    A lot of beauty singing and skating at one time........

vCash
    http://www.facebook.com/AlexandraPau...lam?ref=stream

A Christmas message (and an adorable pic) from P/I's Facebook page.

Merry Christmas to all those who are celebrating!

vCash
    Cute picture!! I hope P/I have a great Nationals!!

vCash
    Have any of you seen this...?

http://paul-islam-fsgifs.tumblr.com/

A tumblr account dedicated exclusively to P/I. How lovely.

vCash
    Just gorgeous.....thanks for posting skatingfan04. I'm always rooting for those two.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    Just gorgeous.....thanks for posting skatingfan04. I'm always rooting for those two.
    Ditto. I'm so glad to see that their fanbase seems to be growing, on facebook and tumblr, in spite of the fact that they haven't had much time in front of the international audience (or even the national one, for that matter).

I'd love to know what you all think of their chances for the rest of the season, given the latest developments in Canadian dance.

For those who haven't heard (though i suspect most have), Kaitlyn Weaver broke her fibula a few weeks back, and she had since had successful surgery to repair the injury and is recovering at home (and currently walking on crutches). They have confirmed that they will not be attending nationals, and while no determination has been made about worlds as of yet, I can't see any why that she could possibly be recovered in time for that. I'm a massive W/P fan, and my heart is breaking for them right now, especially since this season was already a rough one for them, and they'll be missing a home town world championships.

Returning to the subjects of this thread, I would say the situation, as tragic as it is, is going to open the door for P/I regardless of where Gilles/Poirier end up placing. I haven't followed this season as closely as I do most years, but it doesn't seem to me like Ralph/Hill or Orford/Williams will have enough to knock P/I off of the podium unless they make a major mistake. Their material just isn't strong enough, especially in a season where P/I have really strong programs which seem to have been well received by judges thus far. So if all goes well, they should be heading off to worlds, which is fabulous for them. Whether they go in the silver or bronze medal position remains to be seen, but given that they've been so close to G/P all season, and that G/P didn't seem to make quite the impact on the GP that was expected of them (don't get me wrong, they had a fantastic first season, especially considering they're such a new team, but I don't think they had that "wow" moment that teams so often have when they start out), I think P/I have a very reasonable chance of beating them as well. I don't think the judges will get away with the same kind of insanity they pulled last year.

My concern, with W/P out, is about spots for the 2014 Olympics. Virtue/Moir will be first or second, barring some sort of epic disaster (and given that their FD is a total masterpiece, my money's on 1st), meaning that our next team will have to come 11th or 12th for us to earn three berths. Everyone's been rolling their eyes at that one, but I honestly don't think it's that far out of the realm of possibility. I believe Ralph/Hill were 13th at last year's worlds, and I think that both P/I and G/P are stronger skaters that they are, so there's no reason to believe that one of the two teams could finish at least as high. Take into account the fact that with W/P out, everyone below the top 5 will be moving up a spot anyways, and I think it could happen. At least I'm hoping so. It'll be so devistating if, with all the talent we have, there will only be two Olympic spots next year (think Weaver/Poje circa 2010). Fingers crossed!

vCash
    The problem for Paul/Islam is that they had no GP events this season, where G/P had two. P/I's first International was the US event, where G/P and P/I had high scores, beating Chock/Bates. But neither G/P nor P/I scored as high in their later events as they did at the US event. P/I finished 5th at Nebelhorn, where the medalists were Chock/Bates, Zlobina/Sitnikov and Zhiganshina/Gazsi---all of whom will likely be skating at Worlds. G/P were 4th at SC and 6th at TEB. On ISU World Standings, P/I are #32 and G/P are #42, which means both teams will skate early in the SD.

Neither team is likely to beat the 3 Russian teams, the 3 US teams, and Cappellini/Lanotte. Teams they have to beat to make top 12 include Guignard/Fabbri, Zlobina/Sitnikov and Zhiganshina/Gazsi.

Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast