Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Yay ! ..Since they mention the FD is jazzy.. that gives me hope for "the Crave", with all it's fabulous nuances !

And I still hold out hope for a more permanent arrangement.

( I absolutely would love to see a tango from them in the future..as far as female ice dancers go , both Alex and Tessa really get it ..of course for tango men, I think Scott reigns supreme right now .... but Mitch is coming along nicely. )

vCash
    Lake Placid AND Thornhill??? I think I've died and gone to heaven!

icedance.com always has incredible coverage of the LPIDC (photos, reports, behind the scenes), so we should get a good idea of how P/I's season will go from there.

Also, I'll be attending Thornhill once again this year, so I'll do my best to give a full report (no pictures or videos, though...the hockey nets they keep up in the arena combined with my lack of photographic ability mean that I usually leave the camera at home).

I'm hoping that they get assigned to Nebelhorn and Finlandia as well. I think those two combined with LPIDC will give them some much needed international exposure, especially since they won't be on the GP circuit.

It's great to hear that they're healthy and that their training is going well. Also a good sign that both their programs are done. And thumbs up to the jazzy FD. I think the style will suit them really well.

4 weeks till the LPIDC!!!

vCash
    They are sounding very positive. I'm really looking forward to seeing their new routines this year, and am praying they stay healthy....that's the key!
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Very nice piece on the two of them. They're such a lovely team I'm looking forward to what they do this coming season. The coaching move was maybe overdue but would have been wasted last year with the injuries anyway. I'd like to see them take that step forward. I've really been thinking about what happens after Sochi when, presumably, Virtue & Moir and Davis & White retire - which country's second tier is going to step up? Is Russia going to take over, will the Shibutanis versus Weaver & Poje be the story? Fun if this team can make noise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    This is completely off topic, but I was leafing through old albums on ice-dance.com and I was struck by how many pretty pics there were of P/I. Just a few of my favourites...
    Those are some really nice pictures!

vCash
    Sylvia & Tammi posted that Paul & Islam will be at Lake Placid IDC!

vCash
    Skate Canada Central Ontario has posted an interm list of competitors for Thornhill. P/I's names aren't on it yet, but I believe registration is still in progress so there's no reason to believe they won't be there. The list does, however, show that Gilles/Poirier will also be there competing the SD and FD, and that Ralph/Hill will do the FD. So basically, this is going to be a mini nationals. I'm so excited! I think it's fantastic that these teams will be going up against each other so early in the season. I'll be attending both events, so I'll do my best to give everyone a play by play. Also, skatebuzz.com, the Skate Canada sister site, usually streams the entire event live for free, so those of you not attending should be able to see the whole thing anyways.

vCash
    Skate Canada Central Ontario has posted an interm list of competitors for Thornhill. P/I's names aren't on it yet, but I believe registration is still in progress so there's no reason to believe they won't be there. The list does, however, show that Gilles/Poirier will also be there competing the SD and FD, and that Ralph/Hill will do the FD. So basically, this is going to be a mini nationals. I'm so excited! I think it's fantastic that these teams will be going up against each other so early in the season. I'll be attending both events, so I'll do my best to give everyone a play by play. Also, skatebuzz.com, the Skate Canada sister site, usually streams the entire event live for free, so those of you not attending should be able to see the whole thing anyways.
    Cant wait to see Thornhill on skatebuzz

vCash
    Um..I don't think skatebuzz has covered Thornhill in the past..There was a fan video that made it out the year V/M did Mahler.. but there's the hockey puck nets to contend with..and many programs are in pretty rough shape that early.. I thought we didn't get anything until the various Summer Skates , last year...am I wrong ?

I'd be thrilled to be wrong , but I'm not getting my hopes up. Pictures would be nice , if I'm right...

vCash
    I watched most of Thornhill last yer on Skate Buzz.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    I watched most of Thornhill last yer on Skate Buzz.
    When it will be? I a worry i will be at vacation in that time

vCash
    Emdee..woo-hoo , then !

pani.. Aug 16-19 for Thornhill.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    Emdee..woo-hoo , then !

pani.. Aug 16-19 for Thornhill.
    Thanks! Or, no, i cant see it (if all be OK).

vCash
    pani.. yes , but if skatebuzz does it, it ought to stay archived on ustream..
    so if you're on vacation it should be waiting for you when you get back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    pani.. yes , but if skatebuzz does it, it ought to stay archived on ustream..
    so if you're on vacation it should be waiting for you when you get back.

Yes. Hope Skatebuzz will show Thornhill.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Skate Canada Central Ontario has posted an interm list of competitors for Thornhill. P/I's names aren't on it yet,
    Paul/Islam have registered for SD & FD at Thornhill - link to the competition thread in Kiss and Cry: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84193

ETA: I checked the Thornhill 2011 thread in the Archives and the 2011 Quebec Summer Skate videos were archived on ustream via Skatebuzz last year but NOT Thornhill's videos. We'll have to wait to see if the "big 3" summer competitions (Quebec, Thornhill, BC/YT SummerSkate) will be live streamed again this year.

And here's the 2012 Lake Placid IDC (July 25-28) thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84178
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-12-2012 at 06:28 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Thornhill will be a very interesting competition for dance fans, if all the registrants show up. P/I, R/H and G/P are all registered for the senior SD, and both P/I and G/P for the senior FD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
    Thornhill will be a very interesting competition for dance fans, if all the registrants show up. P/I, R/H and G/P are all registered for the senior SD, and both P/I and G/P for the senior FD.
    Yes, indeed! Also Aronow/Brubaker have registered so we'll get a look at this new US team

vCash
    short dance tomorrow .. free dance Friday. I'm dying to hear about their programs.

Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast