Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Very impressive, elegant, and attractive dance team. From the clips, I like Paul and Islam more than Crone/Poirier and Weaver/Poje (although W/P had a wonderful showing at Canadian Nats too with their fantastic lifts and creativity). Dance is very exciting with all the young veterans (D/W and V/M leading the pack), and the younger up-and-coming teams rarin' at the bit (including P/I, the Shibs and the young Russians Bobrova/Soliev).
    It'll be interesting to see how Gilles/Poirier affect Paul/Islam growth curve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blancanieves View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how Gilles/Poirier affect Paul/Islam growth curve.
    I don't think any more than Crone/Poirier would've.

vCash
    Provided that the judging is fair, that is. We all saw what happened at nationals this year. As long as that doesn't happen again, I don't think G/P will be too much of an obstacle for P/I. I'm actually intrigued by how they will size up agains each other next season, especially since they'll likely go head to head really early in the season at Thornhill. Ralph/Hill will probably be there as well, so it should be quite a showdown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    Provided that the judging is fair, that is. We all saw what happened at nationals this year. As long as that doesn't happen again, I don't think G/P will be too much of an obstacle for P/I. I'm actually intrigued by how they will size up agains each other next season, especially since they'll likely go head to head really early in the season at Thornhill. Ralph/Hill will probably be there as well, so it should be quite a showdown.
    I didn't know there'd been complaints about the judging. What happened?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Some felt that Gilles/Poirier were over-scored.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    kwanfan is a master of understatement...

Many felt they were egregiously overscored.

vCash
    What about music for next season? What style did you want to see they will use?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    kwanfan is a master of understatement...

Many felt they were egregiously overscored.
    Yes, that sums up how I feel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    Yes, that sums up how I feel.
    Ditto.

vCash
    I think that was the general consensus with regards to the marks. If these two can just get through an injury free season, they will make strides.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I think that was the general consensus with regards to the marks. If these two can just get through an injury free season, they will make strides.

I know. That's now two seasons in a row that Alexandra has had injuries severe enough to make them pull out of competitions. And they've only been together three. I can't wait to see what they do with a full year healthy.

vCash
    I know. That's now two seasons in a row that Alexandra has had injuries severe enough to make them pull out of competitions. And they've only been together three. I can't wait to see what they do with a full year healthy.
    Me too.

I think they're a beautiful team - and that's in spite of all the injury setbacks. There's something about their skating that draws me in. I'm hoping next season is a real breakout season for them.

By the way, I ran across this blog the other day devoted to all things Canadian ice-dance. It seems to be keeping up to date with all sorts of news and tidbits. It has a really nice "Season in Review" for Paul/Islam.

http://canadaice.blogspot.com/

vCash
    Thanks for the link....I've bookmarked it . Nice article about P/I.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Thanks for the link! I'm a Canadian ice dance junkie.

vCash
    This thread has been quiet for too long. Here are some updates...

Apparently P/I skated in a carnival for the Barrie FSC last week, but as of yet I haven't been able to track down any photos or videos.

They've also announnced the dates for the annual COS show (the Margaret Garriosn Memorial Gala) which will apparently be taking place May 12th in Brampton. I don't believe the cast has been announced yet, but one would assume that P/I will be included as they have been the past two seasons. More info is available at this link:

http://skatecanada-centralontario.com/

vCash
    Thanks for the information.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    No problem. Hopefully we'll get some pics from the COS show. We usually do. I'm thinking things will be really quiet re. P/I after that until Thornhill rolls around in August.

vCash
    They've also announnced the dates for the annual COS show (the Margaret Garriosn Memorial Gala) which will apparently be taking place May 12th in Brampton. I don't believe the cast has been announced yet, but one would assume that P/I will be included as they have been the past two seasons. More info is available at this link:

http://skatecanada-centralontario.com/
    Paul/Islam are confirmed for the 5/12 COS show - they are listed among the National Team members here - scroll down: http://www.skatecanada.ca/Developmen...S/Default.aspx

vCash
    This is totally random but I came across this today and it made me think of P/I. A little dark, but I think they could make it look lovely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOV7y...eature=related

Part of me is hoping they do a full out ballet themed FD in the near future. Something like that I/K did last season but with better choreography and a more romantic music selection. May as well put Alexandra's stunning extensions and their flawless lines to work.

vCash
    This is totally random but I came across this today and it made me think of P/I. A little dark, but I think they could make it look lovely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOV7y...eature=related

Part of me is hoping they do a full out ballet themed FD in the near future. Something like that I/K did last season but with better choreography and a more romantic music selection. May as well put Alexandra's stunning extensions and their flawless lines to work.
    That's nice. I can see them dancing to that....did you read the comments?
    Addicted to FSU

Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast