Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
    Pani, from earlier interviews it seems that Piper and Paul have acknowledged and accepted that she will not be released until the 2012-2013 season. This year they want to make a splash nationally and build up their skills as a team. Then next year I imagine they will be eligible for GP's under the split team rules and/or could be assigned as a host pick to Skate Canada.
    Thanks!

vCash
    Canadians are just around the corner.

ice-dance.com has opened a really impressive site for the upcoming national championship. Included is an extensive profile on Paul/Islam (and every other team in novice, junior or senior). The profile states that Alexandra did in fact have surgery after her accident at NHK.

http://www.ice-dance.com/events-resu...mitchell-islam

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    Canadians are just around the corner.

ice-dance.com has opened a really impressive site for the upcoming national championship. Included is an extensive profile on Paul/Islam (and every other team in novice, junior or senior). The profile states that Alexandra did in fact have surgery after her accident at NHK.

http://www.ice-dance.com/events-resu...mitchell-islam
    tidbit: they were working with tracy wilson a few weeks ago

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fan View Post
    tidbit: they were working with tracy wilson a few weeks ago

Nice. Maybe some time with her will give them a much needed confidence boost.

vCash
    I'm so hoping to see them looking more like themselves next week.
    All appendages crossed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    I'm so hoping to see them looking more like themselves next week.
    All appendages crossed.
    Amen to that. Honestly though, even though it will be a tough break if they miss worlds, I just really want to see them have good, clean skates more than anything else. Given their season, I'm not expecting to see them skating at 100%, but I think it would give them a boost if they could get through the programs with some confidence, instead of looking scared they way that they have (understandably) all season. I still think they have a really good shot at the bronze, especially since G/P (who the judges seem to love way more that R/H for reasons I can't figure out) are ineligable this year. Fingers (and all other appendages) crossed!!

vCash
    I came across these on youtube today, and I thought I would share. I had honestly forgotten these existed at all. The links are for P/I's CD and OD from the 2010 Junior Nationals (as far as I can tell...they may have been from Canadian Challenge). Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBzX9GRrd24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLCbKZ8kvNI

vCash
    It's a bit dark , but we may as well have the whole P&I 2010 collection.. Jr.World's FD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoapV...eature=related

Be well , guys !

vCash
    Here's another version of their FD from the 09/10 season. It's from one of their JGP's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLGXP1_79iE

Also, CBC Sports has put up a preview video for nationals next week. PJ Kwong talks about ice dance near the end of it. She said that she spoke to Mitchell, and that he told her that he and Alexandra are 100% healthy! That should set them up well for next weekend! 5 more days!!

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...#id=2186552520

vCash
    Anyone happen to know if/when the senior dance practices will be broadcast on SkateBuzz??

vCash
    I just hope it's not a case of , first they give you a treat ,then they snatch it away... In the absence of any real information , I'm just planning to go there at the scheduled practice times, and cross my fingers...

vCash
    I think we might be out of luck. I believe there was a senior dance practice this afternoon, and Skatebuzz didn't show any of it. I guess we'll just have to wait until Friday to see P/I and the others.

vCash
    ^
    They may only be showing main arena practices (i.e. no cameras in operation at the practice rink).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
    ^
    They may only be showing main arena practices (i.e. no cameras in operation at the practice rink).
    Thanks! I didn't think of that. Maybe there's hope after all.

vCash
    Sorry to go off topic, but I just finished watching jr dance and I was really impressed and happy for Poulin/Servant, who won after finishing 5th in 2010 and 4th last year (I've been a fan of theirs since the beginning). Did anyone happen to catch it?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    There's a discussion in the Canadian Nationals sub-forum in Kiss and Cry.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    I checked out skatebuzz..and today they were showing practices from the main arena. I'm on the pacific coast but I will definitely get up for the dance practice ( SD ) 7 am Pt, 11am AT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    I checked out skatebuzz..and today they were showing practices from the main arena. I'm on the pacific coast but I will definitely get up for the dance practice ( SD ) 7 am Pt, 11am AT.
    I hope they show them tomorrow. They didn't stream today's morning dance practice.

vCash
    LOVED the new choreography. A lot. They looked SOO much better than they have during the seaon. Shame about the placement, though. It seemed that it was the technical levels that got them in the end. Still within striking distance of R/H, but they've got some work to do.

vCash
    I love the fact that they no longer look like V/M clones, but are developing their own style.

Maybe they never really were clones, but they certainly looked like it to me in the past. With this short dance I can start to appreciate them for their own selves, as the very good ice dancers that they are.

Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast