Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

vCash
    Yes - i think this team need to go to ice dance school, where they will work not only on skating, but on overall strenghts, with dance coaches, ect.
    Not sure Camerlengo will take them, because nw he work with W-P.
    As for Z-Sh - i think they could. After V-M wil retier they nedd toave strong team from Canada again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Yes - i think this team need to go to ice dance school, where they will work not only on skating, but on overall strenghts, with dance coaches, ect.
    Not sure Camerlengo will take them, because nw he work with W-P.
    As for Z-Sh - i think they could. After V-M wil retier they nedd toave strong team from Canada again.
    I think Zoueva in particular would work well with them. She seems to really appreciate elegance, and has a talent for hilighting that in her programs, like she has always done with Tessa. There must be very few ice dancers trained extensively in Ballet (as Tessa and Alexandra both are), and I'm sure Marina would make use of Alexandra's elegance, and Mitchell's as well. I've always been impressed by him and Scott Moir, because they both have to skate with clasically trained dancers, which could potentially make them look poor (in terms of posture, extension, etc) by comparison, but neither of them ever do. They always look as elegant as their partners.

vCash
    Have there been any hints about to Alex's recovery ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    Have there been any hints about to Alex's recovery ?
    I haven't seen anything. There's quite a gap between NHK and Nationals, so I hope she uses the time to take it easy and make sure she's 100% healed.

On a side note, did anyone catch Gilles/Poirier's SD from challenge? They look quite good for a new team. They scored a 58, but seeing how this is a domestic competition and not an international one, it's hard to judge where they will stand at nationals. They seem to have left Ralph/Hill in the dust at sectionals, though, so I suspect they will be a challenge for Paul/Islam as well, given the season they've had. Does anyone know if Gilles/Poirier are eligable for worlds this season?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Piper Gilles won't be eligible to compete for Canada until the 2012-13 season.

vCash
    Alex and Mitch did an interview with CTV News. Their segment begins at about 54:35. Looks like they're already back in training, albeit with some expected restrictions.

vCash
    That's good to hear....thanks for posting lavenderblue
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Thanks for the link! Nice to see them back on the ice. They seem to be in good spirits, which is awesome considering the season they've had.

vCash
    Nice to see them in good spirits, I really like this team, hope they come back stronger... Good luck at the Nationals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhumba View Post
    Nice to see them in good spirits, I really like this team, hope they come back stronger... Good luck at the Nationals.
    Agree - good luck to them!
    Gillis-Porie had very high marks at Challeng, so it will be difficult for Alexandra and Mitch to make team this year, but i hope they will made this

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Gillis won't be released by USFS in time for this year's championships, even if Gilles/Poirier podium at Canadian Nationals.

Mitchell/Islam's top competition for the third spot at 4C's and Worlds is Ralph/Hill.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Gillis won't be released by USFS in time for this year's championships, even if Gilles/Poirier podium at Canadian Nationals.

Mitchell/Islam's top competition for the third spot at 4C's and Worlds is Ralph/Hill.
    Why? In 2010 Piper skated at JWCh 12 March. So why she couldnt skate for Caada at WCh in 2012?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Because USFS can refuse to release her for up to four years after she last medaled at Jr. Worlds -- remember Morgan Matthews? -- and she said in an interview that they told her they'd release her after this season.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Because USFS can refuse to release her for up to four years after she last medaled at Jr. Worlds -- remember Morgan Matthews? -- and she said in an interview that they told her they'd release her after this season.
    When she get medal at JWCh? I thought ISU rule is she must have two years quarantine, if Federation will not release her.

vCash
    Gilles/ Poirier's marks were much too high at challenge. If they got on the podium at Canadians , it would have to mean both P/I and R/H had a disaster.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Sorry, not Jr. Worlds. She medalled at JGP in the 2009-2010 season.

The ISU rule is that she can't compete in championships for another nation for two years after her last international competition for the US AND that she be released by USFS according to the USFS's own release rules, unless USFS refuses and she has/gets citizenship from another country. Then the new Federation can file for an exception. Gilles doesn't have Canadian citizenship.

Even if she did have Canadian citizenship, USFS refused the release this season, and Skate Canada wanted to cross the USFS, Skate Canada couldn't file for an exception with the ISU until two years after Gilles' last competition, which would be March 2012, and it isn't clear even if the ISU made a snap approval before Nice whether G/P'd be eligible to be a provisional entry at Worlds, given how Worlds entries must be filed at least 30 days before Worlds, in February 2012.

When Morgan Matthews was denied release, the USFS release rules were published here. If the skater had certain high results, USFS can refuse to release the skater for up to four seasons after their last competition for US, which for Gilles was 2010 Jr. Worlds. According to Gilles, they are holding her for two seasons.

vCash
    I think they could be in team and they could have minimum score at Monblan Throhy in March

vCash
    Pani, from earlier interviews it seems that Piper and Paul have acknowledged and accepted that she will not be released until the 2012-2013 season. This year they want to make a splash nationally and build up their skills as a team. Then next year I imagine they will be eligible for GP's under the split team rules and/or could be assigned as a host pick to Skate Canada.

vCash
    I think waiting until next year is a smart move. (I know they don't have a choice.) With reputation being so important in ice dance, I think another year together, before they compete internationally, will serve them well.
    A good rant is cathartic. Ranting is what keeps me sane. They always come from a different place. Take the prime minister, for example. Sometimes when I rant about him, I am angry; other times, I am just severely annoyed - it's an important distinction. - Rick Mercer

vCash
    Just wanted to wish all who are celebrating a wonderful holiday season!!

Canadian nationals are just around the corner, so hopefully we'll be seeing a healthy P/I skate soon.

Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast