Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I think their performance at last year's nationals was breathtaking.

I watched both this team and Crone and Poirier at the Awards night.
    While CP almost floated on the ice the performance of this team was heavily laboured. Granted that there was nothing riding on this performance but I was really disappointed in their skating skills.

I Look forward to their performance along with the other teams on the GP and at Canadian Nationals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Thanks!
    Do you really think they could be higher V-M, W-P or P-I at Nationals?
    Absolutely not higher than V/M. Haven't seen W/P, but I highly doubt it. Really depends on how P/I develop over the season, and if they can stay healthy. I also think we have to see the SD to understand G/P skating skills together. All of those teams should have an edge in the SD, since G/P are so new. The FD is all about the tricks, and not about dance, so I don't really know how to place this in the overall Canadian landscape. What's more important? What will the judges think is more important? Even more, what is more likely to be respected internationally (although they won't skate internationally this year)? The tricks are really good, and they skate fast.

My expectation for top 5 in Canada: V/M, W/P, either P/I or G/P, R/H.

vCash
    They had low marks for transitions, so i think this show judges wish to see more dance from them, no?
    Hope P-I and R-H will be higher at Nationals then G-P.

vCash
    So Skate America sd is over....Alex fell 2 or 3 times from the sounds of it. I wonder if she is still injured or does she struggle with competition nerves?
    Last edited by Rafter; 10-22-2011 at 06:04 AM.

vCash
    There were a lot of trips and falls. I wonder if the ice was not quite right? It was good for the men, but there was trouble throughout the dance event after the ice remake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    There were a lot of trips and falls. I wonder if the ice was not quite right? It was good for the men, but there was trouble throughout the dance event after the ice remake.
    Too many sequins and feather bits on the ice?

It's a shame for P/I. I liked them in juniors - but last year's GP was the same story - lots of mistakes and no clean program. Perhaps they shouldnt have cancelled those summer competitons. Im hoping they look a lot better at their next GP.

From what I've heard of it on YouTube, they have some of the best SD music out there [maybe THE best] - so Im hoping the program lives up to it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    Too many sequins and feather bits on the ice?

It's a shame for P/I. I liked them in juniors - but last year's GP was the same story - lots of mistakes and no clean program. Perhaps they shouldnt have cancelled those summer competitons. Im hoping they look a lot better at their next GP.

From what I've heard of it on YouTube, they have some of the best SD music out there [maybe THE best] - so Im hoping the program lives up to it.
    From what we've heard, they cancelled due to injury, not by choice. I'm assuming she is still not 100% (they had similar issues at CoR last season, when an injury to her forced them out), so I'm not giving up yet. Haven't been able to see the program yet, but heard it was quite nice from a few whe were kind enough to provide play by plays at another forum. Hopefully, their FD goes better tomorrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    Hopefully, their FD goes better tomorrow.
    Yeah - good luck to them for tomorrow. BE LIKE CHARLIE!!! Don't let this get you down.

vCash
    Feel sad for them both, because Mitch had mistake at SS too.
    Hope she feel OK and this is just a fluk, like Charlie had at CoR.
    Its sad, because such a young girl have so many inguries

vCash
    Yes, I would suspect she is not quite over her injury. I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled out of the FD. So depressing for them but I'm sure they will redeem themselves down the road when she is not injured. They are both still very young.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    This withdrawall rule didnt look right for me. For example, Bourzat is ill, but couldnt withdraw from SA because of penalty for not skating in 3 GP events.

vCash
    P/I always take much too long to get back into the dance after a fall, and this time they incurred an additional deduction for it.

Falls can & do happen to all the teams, but one thing they really really need to work on is getting back up and into the program really quickly. That getting up fast thing is learned by training it; it does not come naturally to anyone.

They are an excellent team, and I wish them success at NHK to take the bitter taste of this away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    Yes, I would suspect she is not quite over her injury. I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled out of the FD. So depressing for them but I'm sure they will redeem themselves down the road when she is not injured. They are both still very young.
    I love their look on ice, she is exquisite, it's a shame !! What was her injury? since CoR last year?? Why it took so long to recover?? Did she get new injury lately? I hope they on FD!!

vCash
    Their overall skating quality is soft and more fluid than the Shibutanis, even if they are not close to being technically precise in their steps yet. I am a fan of good skating skills of young people

vCash
    They are SO good!Love them=)))

vCash
    I hear she was injured again before the season began and they lost training time. I hope her injury has healed and they can come out at their next comp. and kick some butt. I, too, just love their skating, and rest assured we haven't heard the last of them....this is just the beginning
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Thoughts on their FD? It's on youtube now if anyone feels like having a look. I think they redeemed themselves nicely, despite the mediocre score. Aside from the fact that they looked a little subdued (a result of yesterday, I'm sure) I really like the program. Beautiful lifts, nice flow and a great spin. Can't wait to see how it progresses.

BTW, the Canadian commentators did confirm that Alexandra has been struggling with an injury, and that it has significantly cut into their training time.
    Last edited by skatingfan04; 10-22-2011 at 11:06 PM.

vCash
    Happy they skate clean FD. But marks was really low. I cant say i love his FD, but hope they will improve it for next competition. Good luck to them!

vCash
    Can someone post a link to YouTube? Please?

vCash
    Here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dE31jJUXsQ

The first few seconds are missing, and the quality isn't the greatest, but at least its something.

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast