Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    vCash
    OK..Octoberfest in Barrie gets underway tomorrow.

P/I are still listed, and it seems there have been a couple of additions to the entries for the SD , notably K /G-S from the States, another couple I thought really promising last year..

http://www.skatecanada-centralontari...011/ssden.html

I hope P/I can skate.. ( I hope they all skate )..and I hope we get a report...

SD scheduled for 2:50 PM Saturday
    Last edited by Pratfall; 10-11-2011 at 08:12 PM.

vCash
    I found something on Flikr to ease our worries about P/I's health. Apparently they skated somewhere on the 8th of this month. Here's the pic.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24291681@N08/6228375803/

And the album it came from.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24291681@N08/page1/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2429168...en/2011/10/08/

I have no idea where the photo came from. Did something happen in Western Ontario this weekend? Because it seems like this shot was taken at the same time as some new ones of Moore-Towers & Moscovitch, Bobak & Beharry and Rau & Simpson, all of whom train at the Kitchener Waterloo skating club. Either way, it's encouraging to see that they're on the ice. Hopefully they'll be OK for Skate America afterall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    I found something on Flikr to ease our worries about P/I's health. Apparently they skated somewhere on the 8th of this month. Here's the pic.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24291681@N08/6228375803/

And the album it came from.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24291681@N08/page1/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2429168...en/2011/10/08/

I have no idea where the photo came from. Did something happen in Western Ontario this weekend? Because it seems like this shot was taken at the same time as some new ones of Moore-Towers & Moscovitch, Bobak & Beharry and Rau & Simpson, all of whom train at the Kitchener Waterloo skating club. Either way, it's encouraging to see that they're on the ice. Hopefully they'll be OK for Skate America afterall.
    thank you so much for the update! lovely picture!

I was fortunate enough to see them skate live at Skate Canada last fall, and they really cast a spell. I was familiar with their skating before tat competition, but the people sitting around me had never seen them skate before, but were ooohing and ahhhing just moments into their program. They just knew this was a special team. I am so excited to see their material for this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post

I was fortunate enough to see them skate live at Skate Canada last fall, and they really cast a spell. I was familiar with their skating before tat competition, but the people sitting around me had never seen them skate before, but were ooohing and ahhhing just moments into their program. They just knew this was a special team. I am so excited to see their material for this year.
    Yes, ITA. I was there too and they totally mesmerized me. I thought that they have that special "something" that comes naturally. They drew me into what they were doing.........nice moment.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post

Don't thank me, thank whoever took the picture! I just wish I knew where it was from. Maybe someone here can shed some light on that.

I actually had a similar experience with this team last year. I've only seen them live once, and it was at Thornhill last summer. I knew of them, but when they came out to skate the SD, I was blown away. I had been expecting a trainwreck, because I didn't think that a Waltz/Tango could ever work, but they completely stunned me. I was made an instant fan. I'm counting the days 'till SA so that we can finally get a glimpse of their material.

vCash
    They skated !

Octoberfest results -
    http://www.skatecanada-centralontari...011/ssdrs.html

K/G-S over P/I by .42.. if you go back on that link details are available..K/G-S slightly better on tech , P/I slightly better on PCS ( I think they can bring their tech scores up , no prob.

I like K/G-S too , so this doesn't upset me

Any pics ? reports ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    They skated !

Octoberfest results -
    http://www.skatecanada-centralontari...011/ssdrs.html

K/G-S over P/I by .42.. if you go back on that link details are available..K/G-S slightly better on tech , P/I slightly better on PCS ( I think they can bring their tech scores up , no prob.

I like K/G-S too , so this doesn't upset me

Any pics ? reports ?
    I think now you feel more relax Cant wait to see them at GP!
    I think K\G-S and P-I had not very high score....
    Last edited by pani; 10-15-2011 at 10:19 PM.

vCash
    YAY!!! Thank god, I was getting really worried! Too bad about the score though. They got a couple of level 2s, one on the rumba and one on the circular step sequence. Hopefully they can clean those up a bit before SA.

I'm dying to see this program. Anyone have any reports??

vCash
    Oops...double post.

vCash
    I was having to post that quickly before I ran out on an errand.

I notice P/I had a fall deduction..that might have rattled them a bit..depending on the fall and where it was..
    That won't always be the case...

vCash
    YAY!!! Thank god, I was getting really worried! Too bad about the score though. They got a couple of level 2s, one on the rumba and one on the circular step sequence. Hopefully they can clean those up a bit before SA.
    Well there's not a lot of time before Skate America. They probably leave for CA on Tuesday or Wednesday.

It's really too bad they couldn't have competed their programs earlier than this. I guess they'll be going into Skate America with their FD never having been competed to test levels etc.

Her injury must have been pretty bad for them to skip August and September competition opportunities. If their injury isn't serious, then I question the strategy.

vCash
    Don't thank me, thank whoever took the picture! I just wish I knew where it was from. Maybe someone here can shed some light on that.
    The photo was taken by Danielle Earl on the Carolyn Fedy Rink which is the home of the Kitchener Waterloo Skating Club. I think the occasion was a simulation night in front of a guest judge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I think K\G-S and P-I had not very high score....
    I don't know, those scores are pretty much in-line with other SD scores so far...the Shibs had a 58, Chock/Bates had 53...I think a score in the 50s is pretty competitive right now. At least among all the teams except for V/M and D/W, who will have their own competition.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    I don't know, those scores are pretty much in-line with other SD scores so far...the Shibs had a 58, Chock/Bates had 53...I think a score in the 50s is pretty competitive right now. At least among all the teams except for V/M and D/W, who will have their own competition.
    But this were home competition. P-B had 72 at Masters

vCash
    But this were home competition. P-B had 72 at Masters
    But K/G-S aren't Canadians, Barrie is not their home competition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhumba View Post
    But K/G-S aren't Canadians, Barrie is not their home competition.
    ITA. Also, P/I seem to have had some issues, both with the fall and with their technical levels in the footwork, so the 55 seems to be fitting with that they were scoring internationally in the SD last year as well as the mistakes (they got about 50 at SC and 45 at CoR, both with mistakes much more costly than the ones they seem to have had here). As for P/I edging K/G-S in the PCS, I'm not too familiar with the America team, but I know P/I are really great performers live, so I don't think that would have been much of a gift either.

Actually, I have always felt that the judging at COS events is quite accurate. I'm not sure if this is the case, but many times what V/M scored at Thornhill in the summers would line up pretty well with what they would score nationally and internationally later in the season. This was the case for P/I as well the time that I saw them, and also a number of pairs teams. I'm not sure if this event would have had the same judges, but it would be safe to assume that at least some of them were.

Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see how they fair at SA before we can make an honest assessment. 5 more days until the SD!

vCash
    So they didnt skate in FD? OK...
    I think Gilles/P Poirie score show what is "home competition". Sorry, but even with masterpiece FD 8. for new team in components and all levels 4 and higher levek for step sequence then Shibs had in Finlandia? Its a joke?

vCash
    I'm going to wait to pass judgement until I see both of these teams.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    So they didnt skate in FD? OK...
    I think Gilles/P Poirie score show what is "home competition". Sorry, but even with masterpiece FD 8. for new team in components and all levels 4 and higher levek for step sequence then Shibs had in Finlandia? Its a joke?
    Not entirely a joke, Pani. Absolutely I believe they received home competition marks. But it was a strong skate, they clearly were having fun, and the tricks were difficult. In COP, tricks get rewarded. The choreography was clever and complex, and the skating was very fast. But to me, in my opinion, I didn't see the dancing. I'm not sure how this will be received in the same competition as V/M, W/P and I/P.

It's the heart of the debate folks have been having on GoldenSkate. Does COP reward tricks and cleverness more than actual dancing? Is the point to choreograph a dance with the elements as highlights that flow out of the dance, or are the tricks the most important things with the dance choreographed around them? I think that will be the debate by Nationals on the judging panel with this team, in comparison to the other 3 top teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernDancers View Post
    Not entirely a joke, Pani. Absolutely I believe they received home competition marks. But it was a strong skate, they clearly were having fun, and the tricks were difficult. In COP, tricks get rewarded. The choreography was clever and complex, and the skating was very fast. But to me, in my opinion, I didn't see the dancing. I'm not sure how this will be received in the same competition as V/M, W/P and I/P.

It's the heart of the debate folks have been having on GoldenSkate. Does COP reward tricks and cleverness more than actual dancing? Is the point to choreograph a dance with the elements as highlights that flow out of the dance, or are the tricks the most important things with the dance choreographed around them? I think that will be the debate by Nationals on the judging panel with this team, in comparison to the other 3 top teams.
    Thanks!
    Do you really think they could be higher V-M, W-P or P-I at Nationals?

Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast