Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

vCash
    They've got Skate America.

vCash
    Great to see them at first GP event

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    Here's the first announcement for the High Performance Camp. P/I are scheduled to attend.

http://cscontario.ca/web_page/news.php?id=dft1923
    Anyone know if this is open to the public or is it media only?

vCash
    This may not be the definitive word , but I believe it's media only, and limited to specific times and situations , at that.

vCash
    OMG Skate America!!! I'm so excited that they got a second GP event that I'm not even disaapointed that I won't get to see them at Skate Canada. And SA is early in the season, so we'll get the chance to see their new programs right away!!!

vCash
    I've been holding my breath hoping for that SA assignment for them.. ( and for me..all the sooner I get to see those programs )

I don't know ..I'm just in awe of their SD music choices. They're so distinctive. And so-o-o sophisticated.I'm just eaten up with curiosity.. I hope some report on that SD comes out of High Performance camp , but if not, it's a much shorter wait for SA than NHK.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    I don't know ..I'm just in awe of their SD music choices. They're so distinctive. And so-o-o sophisticated.I'm just eaten up with curiosity.. I hope some report on that SD comes out of High Performance camp , but if not, it's a much shorter wait for SA than NHK.
    I'm most excited for that, as well -- in my view, they have the best SD music selections of the season, and very distinctive indeed, amidst all the Latin pop (and handful of authentic samba pieces). They're really two-for-two with me on their SDs, as last year's was certainly a unique approach to the tango/waltz mash-up.

Looking over the SA roster, I think they stand a fair chance there. There are two obvious medal contenders, but after D/W and P/B...it looks like a wide-open race for bronze, which is exciting. And NHK should be a great competition between so many of the up-and-comers.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    They'll be competing early in the season at SA with Ralph/Hill. It will be interesting to see how the international judges score them comparatively.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    kwanfan , I agree that will be interesting , but I can't imagine that the two teams will be marked very closely.. just judging from what we've seen of R/H this year and comparing to what we saw early last season from P/I..and things like music choices, posture , line , etc.

I think a more interesting and closer match up will come at Nebelhorn between R/H and H/G..having seen both H/G's programs R/H's SD and pj's highlights vid of R/H's FD.

For SA, I'll be eager to see what will be the marks differential between P/I and the top two contenders.We know they haven't been sitting still in the off season and we know they won't have any chance at a home crowd boost, so I'm really curious to see their reception.

vCash
    High performance camp begins tomorrow ( and it's the day for press ) ..dare we hope for some news , photos , teeny-tiny video clips ?

( I'm eaten up with curiosity..for all 3 top teams, actually. )

vCash
    I sincerely hope we get something! That Skatebuzz has bothered to tweet about "live updates and features" gives me a little ray of optimism that at least we might get a smidgen more than last year (please)...

vCash
    Paul/Islam are entered in the the Isabelle Henderson competition September 23-25. Entries.

vCash
    I wonder if we can dare hope for a peek, photo , report ?

Come on , skating Gods !

vCash
    Wow, I've never even heard of this competition. Thanks geoskate! Hopefully we'll get lucky, and someone will be able to give us some insight into their new material.

vCash
    ...It's presumably too much to hope that some lurking FSUer will be attending this competition, armed with camera?

Glad that they're getting an extra competition in to compensate for Thornhill, and so hoping to hear/see something of it! Skate America may be the first GP, but it's still too long a wait...

vCash
    I believe that the SD was held tonight at the Isabelle Henderson competition. I can't seem to bring up a results page on the SC Western Ontario page. Anyone have any news?

vCash
    Turns out P/I are entered in the SD at Octoberfest in a couple of weeks. Hopefully we'll get some reports from there if nothing comes from Isabelle Henderson. Fingers crossed.

http://www.skatecanada-centralontari...011/ssden.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    I believe that the SD was held tonight at the Isabelle Henderson competition. I can't seem to bring up a results page on the SC Western Ontario page. Anyone have any news?
    I do, but it's not that good. They didn't show up. They've withdrawn. I'm starting to get really worried about them. I hope they are ok. They haven't competed anywhere yet, and it is the end of September, with Skate America just around the corner. And selfishly, I was really looking forward to seeing them skate, and how they've come along.

The only Senior entry was Lud/Mulder, who had a really solid skate in the SD. 45.83 points. They have made very big improvements since Junior Nationals. A very nice surprise. Not the level of Paul/Islam, but maybe another team to add to the list in the hunt for spots 5 through 10 at Nationals. No Junior teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernDancers View Post
    I do, but it's not that good. They didn't show up. They've withdrawn. I'm starting to get really worried about them. I hope they are ok. They haven't competed anywhere yet, and it is the end of September, with Skate America just around the corner. And selfishly, I was really looking forward to seeing them skate, and how they've come along.
    Oh gosh, I hope they're not still hurt. That would be an awful way for them to start the season. Maybe this was just a strategic move to give them more time to get ready for SA. Remember, they probably didn't know that they were being assigned there when they registered for this competition. I'm really hoping that that's all it is. I guess we shouldn't get our hopes up for Octoberfest either, then. It really is a shame that you didn't get to see them today. I felt the same way at Thornhill.

vCash
    Oh, help! You poor guys.. I'm a wreck..I can only imagine how much worse my nerves would be if I was in the stands... have they withdrawn from the FD as well ?

I hope this is just strategic , although I'm not sure what the strategy would be . October 13 is just a week before SA.

I tend to be a "glass half full " person ,but I'm beginning to feel evaporation is at work..My sister tends to be a bit more "half empty", and she's beginning to see her half empty glass falling off the table and smashing on the floor.

I just hope it's not due to injury.

Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast