Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

vCash
    Excellent! Can't wait for your reports, shutterbug, as well as to whatever comes of the Mariposa Gala -- wasn't it there that they debuted their FD last year? We may hear some news (even if only about a new exhibition) in just a little over a week, provided someone in attendance offers up tidbits somewhere online.

At the very least, it should hopefully, as in the past, result in some fabulous photos.

vCash
    According to the Scarboro FSC website, they are having a gala on the same night as the Mariposa Gala with their dance teams deputing thier new programs. Ralph & Hill are listed along with some junior and novice teams.

vCash
    back to the subjects of this thread..

lavenderblue..yes, you remind me... I think the first we heard or saw of their last year's SD came from this show, and generally info about them was a little under the radar. Somehow , I doubt that will be the case this year. ( it shouldn't be.)

vCash
    I can't wait to hear about the Mariposa Gala!! I found an article about the show with a nice shot of Paul & Islam rehersing. Here's the link:http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/Art...aspx?e=3216429

vCash
    Well it's just 3 or 4 more sleeps until we may have an idea of at least one of their programs. I don't know why I feel such heightened sense of anticipation about it , but I do.

Though I long to see them ,I feel confident about V/M's programs ( whatever they may be ) when I'm usually biting my nails... I'm a bit nervous about W/P's, in a season of battling La Stradas (though I'm sure they'll be going all out )..but P/I have my curiosity and expectations in extreme agitation..it'll be an anxious few days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    Though I long to see them ,I feel confident about V/M's programs ( whatever they may be ) when I'm usually biting my nails... I'm a bit nervous about W/P's, in a season of battling La Stradas (though I'm sure they'll be going all out )..but P/I have my curiosity and expectations in extreme agitation..it'll be an anxious few days.
    I think I know the feeling. They've created quite a few expectations after last season, but without much history for anyone to draw upon in predicting their next move -- they have a lot to live up to for all of us!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lavenderblue View Post
    I think I know the feeling. They've created quite a few expectations after last season, but without much history for anyone to draw upon in predicting their next move -- they have a lot to live up to for all of us!
    Well it's just 3 or 4 more sleeps until we may have an idea of at least one of their programs. I don't know why I feel such heightened sense of anticipation about it , but I do.

I agree...for some reason, I've been anticipating their programs more than anyone else's. I'm just so curious to see what they come up with. Hopefully we get some insight after Thursday's show. If not, they're skating both programs at Thornhill next weekend.

As for the the battling La Stradas, you don't have to worry. Weaver & Poje formally announced their FD music today, and it's not from La Strada. They're skating to "Je Suis Malade" by Lara Fabien, a lovely choice for them IMO.

vCash
    I saw the W/P announcement this morning..what a relief ! I hope their choice works well for them and doesn't rub the uplifting guideline the wrong way , too much.

As for P/I , I guess I'm as curious to know who they've gone to for choreography as I am to see what improvements they've made.

vCash
    Report from the lovely Andora in the Mariposa Gala thread says that P/I skated beautifully at the gala.

vCash
    And potentially to an orchestral arrangement of Elton John! This particularly makes me happy, though I am very curious for more specifics on what song[s] of his -- but Thornhill's coming soon.

vCash
    The posters on the Mariposa Gala thread seem to think it's this piece:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOvWGtop_ic

God, I hope they're right. This is awesome!

I will try my best to confirm after Thornhill. Is anyone else going?

vCash
    Speaking of Thornhill...it seem the event is going to be broadcast live on Skatebuzz again this year. The coverage was great last year, so this should be a real treat! It will give those of you not coming to the event the chance to see P/I's new programs.

http://skatetv.cansportlive.com/

vCash
    With the permission of JustineC, here is a link to her lovely photo gallery from Mariposa.

http://www.justinechiu.com/2011/2011...-charity-gala/

My favourite is the black and white shot!

vCash
    Justine's pictures are always stunning -- so glad she made it back to the Mariposa Gala! P/I are wonderfully photogenic.

I will need to see those costumes in action to better assess, if those are their official costumes (and they wore their real FD costumes at last year's event, so they probably are)...I like Mitch going for something darker, but at the moment Alex's dress is reminding me just a bit too much of last year's. It may not as much in action, though. (And that was a lovely dress, anyway.)

vCash
    Thank goodness for Justine ! She does great work . I was hoping she was there..Just when I was afraid we weren't going to get any shots of P/I..

I don't think Alex's dress is much like last year's..except that it's simple and flattering. ( and now that they're going to be a bit more high profile..I wouldn't bet against her having more than one dress for the year. )

Last year's was a bit more drapey over the bust, going into thin straps at the back , this yr. 's is fitted, with a halter. Last yr's skirt fell from the waist in small pleats.. this yr's looks to be 2 layers ,unpleated , falling from the hip. Nice use of what looks like stretch satin around the torso and neckline to tie in with his satin shirt.

If this is what they go with..put together with the music choice.. I think the effect will be uncluttered and elegant, showcasing their lovely lines.

I'm drooling at the thought. So-o-o glad skatebuzz is going to let me see Thornhill.

vCash
    Thank goodness for Justine ! She does great work . I was hoping she was there..Just when I was afraid we weren't going to get any shots of P/I..

I don't think Alex's dress is much like last year's..except that it's simple and flattering. ( and now that they're going to be a bit more high profile..I wouldn't bet against her having more than one dress for the year. )

Last year's was a bit more drapey over the bust, going into thin straps at the back , this yr. 's is fitted, with a halter. Last yr's skirt fell from the waist in small pleats.. this yr's looks to be 2 layers ,unpleated , falling from the hip. Nice use of what looks like stretch satin around the torso and neckline to tie in with his satin shirt.

If this is what they go with..put together with the music choice.. I think the effect will be uncluttered and elegant, showcasing their lovely lines.

I'm drooling at the thought. So-o-o glad skatebuzz is going to let me see Thornhill.
    I agree. I think that the look really suits the music. I get the feeling that once they nail the expression, the program will be haunting and a little sinster, which I LOVE. These outfits would fit in perfectly with that mood.

vCash
    Ah. Per Alex on Facebook, she recycled her novice FD dress:

2008 Skate Canada Challenge 1
    2008 Skate Canada Challenge 2

vCash
    Oh, goody...a fabulous dress to look forward to..

So that was a novice dress... I've seen her Junior Worlds's competitive dresses and those from last year, plus a couple of exhibition costumes. I've yet to see her look less than Classy ( yes, with a capital C ). I don't think we need to worry.
    Last edited by Pratfall; 08-09-2011 at 03:58 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lavenderblue View Post
    Ah. Per Alex on Facebook, she recycled her novice FD dress:

2008 Skate Canada Challenge 1
    2008 Skate Canada Challenge 2

I believe I watched her and Cheperdak skate that program. How did I miss that?

vCash
    I'm now counting down the hours until tomorrow afternoon. I'll try to report ASAP.

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast